Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Things you can't stand (2022)?

People who make negative remarks and don't explain why they feel that way:
    "I hate books"
    "I don't do public transport"
    "I'd never go to Disneyland" etc.

What can't you stand?

The thin lids on plastic water and soda bottles. I'm always dropping them trying to put them back on.

Chip bags that make too much noise.

When people don't use turn signals.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    The thin lids on plastic water and soda bottles. I'm always dropping them trying to put them back on.
    I've got the problems with some bottles that are made from less plastic than before. It may be more environmentally-friendly, but it can make it harder to open the bottle the first time without causing what's inside to splash out when you're trying to turn the lid to break the safety-seal. (It sometimes happens when I'm opening the cranberry juice bottle for my Mom.)

Pupulism, bigotry, authoritarianism in all its forms. And people who are indifferent to those things if they think it does not affect them (it affects everyone in some way).
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post

Chip bags that make too much noise.

When people don't use turn signals.
    We've had zip lock for at least 40 years. All food bags need to made that way.

Quote Originally Posted by mortari View Post
    We've had zip lock for at least 40 years. All food bags need to made that way.
    And how much would that raise the cost of the product?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    they would lose so much money with all the products NOT going to waste anymore.

they would lose so much money with all the products NOT going to waste anymore.
    That answer doesn't make any sense.

If the product is sold in a sealed bag (would not have to have a zip lock to be sealed when its manufactured), it wouldn't "go to waste" any faster than if the product was produced with a zip lock closure.

Now, once the bag is opened by the consumer, that's when the question of how long the product stays fresh comes into play. But at that point, the product has already been sold and the manufacturer doesn't have to worry about how the consumers store the product in order for it to last longer for them.

Spectacular Member

That answer doesn't make any sense.

If the product is sold in a sealed bag (would not have to have a zip lock to be sealed when its manufactured), it wouldn't "go to waste" any faster than if the product was produced with a zip lock closure.

Now, once the bag is opened by the consumer, that's when the question of how long the product stays fresh comes into play. But at that point, the product has already been sold and the manufacturer doesn't have to worry about how the consumers store the product in order for it to last longer for them.
    You've almost got it. if the manufacturer sold their products in resalable bags then there would be less waste by the consumer. which would mean less of the item sold, and less profit. Toothpaste tubes and breakfast cereals are the same way.

You've almost got it. if the manufacturer sold their products in resalable bags then there would be less waste by the consumer. which would mean less of the item sold, and less profit. Toothpaste tubes and breakfast cereals are the same way.
    But you still didn't answer the original question:
    It would cost the manufacturer more $'s to include the zip lock feature in production, and that extra cost would be passed on to the consumer.

How many consumers want to pay a higher price for an additional feature they may not even want / need?

Mighty Member

Kids in private school uniforms swearing and being obnoxious

When an elderly person has a birthday and some one says they are 98 years young. Man just shut up!.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    When an elderly person has a birthday and some one says they are 98 years young. Man just shut up!.
    Let me know if you feel the same way when you're in your 80s . . .

Let me know if you feel the same way when you're in your 80s . . .
    You know how I will feel in my 80s? Like I am in my 80s.

I get feeling young. That is fine and I am happy for people in good health and still mobile. But feeling young does not make a person young. An 82 year old that feels 72 is still 82. That is old lol.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Retired

The short list: bananas, strawberries, soy beans, lactose, dust, pollen, perfumes.