Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

People who don’t wash their hands after going to the bathroom.
    You know who you are.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 04-21-2022 at 01:29 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Mighty Member

When you make coffee or toast for someone and it goes cold as they run around doing stuff

Also, when they make you wait at the supermarket checkout while they get cigarettes for another customer

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Having to explain over and over that wearing a mask protects others more than yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    . . . Also, when they make you wait at the supermarket checkout while they get cigarettes for another customer
    I don't think any of the supermarkets I go to these days sell cigarettes (except maybe at the customer service counter).

BANNED

More supermarket: people who pay with a check, in 2022. Bonus points: hold up the line further by marking your checkbook right then and there rather than waiting until you're at home or in your vehicle. Realize it's a generational thing, and slowly disappearing, but man.

Internet trolls. Whether they are paid, or they are doing it for some twisted form of pleasure, or they are just "useful idiots" who believe the stuff they share, all are disgusting and dangerous.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

It's not on the absolute top of the list, but plastic bag bans piss me off. It's not always convenient to have reusable bags on hand, and paper bags are inferior, so it's something done mainly for symbolism that has unintended consequences and slightly diminished quality of life.

https://techcrunch.com/2022/03/30/plastic-bag-bans/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

People who feel compelled to interject their opinion about masks, either for or against.

I don't care, just live your own damn life!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    People who feel compelled to interject their opinion about masks, either for or against.

I don't care, just live your own damn life!
    Some people do not have that privilege. If you, say, live with an organ implant, you have to rely on OTHER people acting responsibly in a pandemic. Your opinion is cruel and inhumane. Why do people still not get this, you're a smart guy otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's not on the absolute top of the list, but plastic bag bans piss me off. It's not always convenient to have reusable bags on hand, and paper bags are inferior, so it's something done mainly for symbolism that has unintended consequences and slightly diminished quality of life.

https://techcrunch.com/2022/03/30/plastic-bag-bans/
    What pisses me off is that shopkeepers don’t always ask if you want a bag, they put swiftly the product in a bag — plastic or paper — with an automatic gesture.

I almost always have my backpack with me, I don’t need extra bags…

Big plastic bags are very useful, though: I keep them…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Living in a post-truth society.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Some people do not have that privilege. If you, say, live with an organ implant, you have to rely on OTHER people acting responsibly in a pandemic. Your opinion is cruel and inhumane. Why do people still not get this, you're a smart guy otherwise.
    Arrrgghhh!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

My two co-workers who say simular for similar. I think it’s a Detroit thing because they’re both from there. I’m fine with local accents and people with unique pronunciations but there’s just something about this case that drives me nuts.

A big one for me is a lack of respect for my time.

Of course I'm bothered if someone else's time is wasted, but I'm really pissed off when it's my time.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Living in a post-truth society.
    This is a big one for me.

I hate lying. I think people should strive to be honest. If they're wrong they should be corrected. I should strive to avoid being wrong.

But people who don't care about truth can't be reasoned with. And you're going to have a lot of that in a post-truth society, where enough people will think the truth doesn't matter. All that matters is being on the right side, although that's hard to figure out if people aren't willing to have the tough discussions which leads to figuring out where the right side is.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    What pisses me off is that shopkeepers don’t always ask if you want a bag, they put swiftly the product in a bag — plastic or paper — with an automatic gesture.

I almost always have my backpack with me, I don’t need extra bags…

Big plastic bags are very useful, though: I keep them…
    Where I live, plastic bags from stores are banned, and many towns have enacted laws where stores have to charge 10˘ to give customers a paper bag.