Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Koryak

Lorena Marquez

Miiyabhin Marten

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I’ve lost track of his many characters, teams and organizations that are languishing in limbo.

I can tell you that I miss the JSA, Captain Atom, Kyle Rayner, Jack Knight, the Pre-Bendis Legion and the JLI cast.

Limbo is a hard place to be. Who are some other characters you would like to see return and where would you place them?
    I also miss all of this characters. And also, I miss the Freedom Fighters.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Miiyabhin Marten
    Oh yeah, we never even got to learn what her seasonal powers were! (Other than flight, and presumably some sort of fire blasts during the summer and cold blasts during the winter.)

But also Solstice and Bunker, of the latest round of new Teen Titans to sort of appear and disappear.

And the original Legion of Super-Heroes (Levitz/Giffen/Lightle-era), and the Global Guardians, and Katana, of the Outsiders, and Duela Dent, Golden Eagle and Kole, from even older iterations of the Teen Titans!

And Amazing Man, Striker Z, Manhunter (multiple versions!), Firebrand (Danette Reilley), Air Wave, Arn Monroe, Sargon the Sorcerer, Firehawk, Silent Majority, Commander Steel, Celsius, and so many others!

Plus villains like Tattooed Man, Angle Man, Chronos, Shadow Thief, Gentleman Ghost, Giganta, Gorilla Grodd and Count Vertigo. Lots of fun villains out there not named Lex Luthor, Darkseid, Deathstroke or the Joker.

These guys...

I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    These guys...
    Seconded.

Also, I love that Inza design - it looks so distinct and sharp.

I mean I guess Inza is still missing but Kent has kind of been hanging around the dc universe since DCyou. I’d love to see them both together again though.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    Abso-effing-lutely! This kid should never have been put in Bendis' trifling hands! He screwed this character over so badly. And, for what?! To tell stories he could have used Conner for. Bendis should have brought back another character that would have fit well in this new role, Lor-Zod, Chris Kent. A character I'd like to see brought back, as he was this Lois' and Clark's adopted son from their Pre-52 universe.

Lor-Zod had already been brought back, as a villain, in the Rebirth run of Action Comics.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Lor-Zod_(Prime_Earth)

And he couldn't use Conner in Jon's role (as a Legionnaire) because it would've prevented him using him in Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Oh yeah, we never even got to learn what her seasonal powers were! (Other than flight, and presumably some sort of fire blasts during the summer and cold blasts during the winter.)

But also Solstice and Bunker, of the latest round of new Teen Titans to sort of appear and disappear.
    Bunker's currently a Teen Titan, but the book focuses on the students at the Academy instead of his field team, so he only has a few cameos. Solstice came back in Heroes in Crisis - obviously Bar-Torr retrieved her from the future off panel after the end of the second New 52 Teen Titans series - but she was killed off.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I guess Inza is still missing but Kent has kind of been hanging around the dc universe since DCyou. I’d love to see them both together again though.
    Based on my experiences, it's a yes and no. Doctor Fate does appear, but he's used more as a general and generic mystical character for events and random appearances as oppose to being an actual character (now, this is not a bad thing, as such for Doctor Fate since it means Doctor Fate gets to have some semblence of relevancy and presence, so he doesn't just disappear) It's not Kent Nelson, it's not Nabu - it's just a nebulous Doctor Fate. No real characterization.

DC's laziness doesn't help since they don't bother to try to remember Doctor Fate's story when he actually gets one, so they just default to using Kent's Doctor Fate, even when Kent is dead and has been dead for a while. The Justice League series was really bad like that: not only was it the wrong Doctor Fate, but the Doctor Fate didn't even have Kent's personality. Probably the worst case was when a comic had Khalid Nassour, Kent Nelson and Doctor Fate in one panel, and when a comic had Khalid Nassour's Fate and Kent Nelson's Fate in one panel even though Kent was dead at this point. I was just baffled by the laziness (and it really was laziness - there was no excuse for that one)

The Doctor Fate (2015) series and Justice League (2018) are the only times I'm familiar with that had Kent Nelson as a character.

EDIT: The Rebirth Blue Beetle also had Kent Nelson with his characterization, but he wasn't a member of the cast. It had a really cool Nabu design, too.

Last edited by TheCasualReader; 04-19-2022 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    Based on my experiences, it's a yes and no. Doctor Fate does appear, but he's used more as a general and generic mystical character for events and random appearances as oppose to being an actual character (now, this is not a bad thing, as such for Doctor Fate since it means Doctor Fate gets to have some semblence of relevancy and presence, so he doesn't just disappear) It's not Kent Nelson, it's not Nabu - it's just a nebulous Doctor Fate. No real characterization.

DC's laziness doesn't help since they don't bother to try to remember Doctor Fate's story, so they just default to using Kent's Doctor Fate, even when Kent is dead and has been dead for a while. The Justice League series was really bad like that: not only was it the wrong Doctor Fate, but the Doctor Fate didn't even have Kent's personality. Probably the worst case was when a comic had Khalid Nassour, Kent Nelson and Doctor Fate in one panel, and when a comic had Khalid Nassour's Fate and Kent Nelson's Fate in one panel even though Kent was dead at this point. I was just baffled by the laziness (and it really was laziness - there was no excuse for that one)

The Doctor Fate (2015) series and Justice League (2018) are the only times I'm familiar with that had Kent Nelson as a character.

EDIT: The Rebirth Blue Beetle also had Kent Nelson with his characterization, but he wasn't a member of the cast. It had a really cool Nabu design, too.

He was a member of the Justice League Dark with his grand nephew Khalid Nassour.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

He was a member of the Justice League Dark with his grand nephew Khalid Nassour.
    Sorry, I meant to write "Justice League Dark (2018)" and not "Justice League (2018)"

Kent is dead again... Justice League Dark courtesy Tynion and Ram :\
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Sorry, I meant to write "Justice League Dark (2018)" and not "Justice League (2018)"
    Oh! I assumed you just meant when Flash and Green Lantern time traveled back to WW2 and met the JSA
    Words to live by.

Seconded.

Also, I love that Inza design - it looks so distinct and sharp.

John Byrne and Karl Kessel drew a mean Dr Fate and of course, Inza... very sharp indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    Kent is dead again... Justice League Dark courtesy Tynion and Ram :\
    Yeah, not only was it so unnecessary too, it also took something fun away. I think they did it because they wanted a death for the finale. Think about it:
    - Giovanni Zatara's death was undone.
    - DC wasn't going to let John Constantine stay dead.
    - No one was going to believe Swamp Thing was going to stay dead (and he came back in the very next issue)

If Kent Nelson hadn't died, it would have been a happy ending, so, they yanked Kent back just to kill him off. It's a decision that I've become increasingly annoyed with because it was so pointless.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 04-19-2022 at 05:46 AM.