Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    How does one reboot this? The whole appeal of the first was its viral marketing campaign and found footage style, which can't be repeated.
    Exactly. What worked about this movie was the concerted effort in the marketing to make it appear as if this was a true story, involving a real local legend. The one thing that made it work is the one thing that can't be replicated because everyone now knows its fictional.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Oh yeesh. Another remake. I enjoyed the original. Just leave it alone. Hollywood is running out of ideas.

This looks pointless.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

They should make The Blair Watch Project. About how millions of people got duped into watching a really stupid movie.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They should make The Blair Watch Project. About how millions of people got duped into watching a really stupid movie.
    I didn't think it was stupid maybe a bit overrated but not stupid.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I didn't think it was stupid maybe a bit overrated but not stupid.
    It gave me chills and thrills at the cinema. It was scary, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I think they should leave the franchise alone. The 2016 reboot attempt was pretty boring and it was a rare movie I was tempted to walk out on. The first movie is a classic and I still remember the theories and slight paranoia with the marketing of the movie during the early days of the internet and word of mouth. Unless they actually plan to show the Blair Witch finally, I probably would pass.
    The first movie sucked, lol.....It was the first time I continuously wanted to walk out of a movie, but I kept thinking something's going to happen since people kept raving about it. It was a dud the whole way through, and didn't merit any sequels, prequels, nor reboots.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-14-2024 at 01:43 PM.

Astonishing Member

I'd rather see a Ninth Gate sequel or 'The Shrine' prequel
    Last edited by Rev9; 04-20-2024 at 07:41 AM.

Really? And yet Leprechaun sits on the sidelines waiting for a new sequel...

I think I'd be mildly more interested in a sequel than a reboot, but I'm not a big horror fan either way. I did enjoy the first movie, but the best part about it at the time was the novelty - you had no idea what was going to happen, which was pretty suspenseful. It'll be interesting to see how they plan to make people excited about this.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-24-2024 at 08:44 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    It gave me chills and thrills at the cinema. It was scary, really.
    Agreed. As is often said, it's scarier not to show something and let your imagination run wild. That said -- they can never duplicate the formula that made the first film a hit.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

It seems to popular to dump on this film these days but at the time it was pretty revolutionary. And done on a very low budget at that.People say it's boring but I found it atmospheric and the build up to the end suspenseful.

Astonishing Member

It probably helps if you'd actually spent time in deep woods. Being out there far from civilization can give you a creepy vibe on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    It probably helps if you'd actually spent time in deep woods. Being out there far from civilization can give you a creepy vibe on its own.
    Yeah, it's weird being outside yet it's so dark you can't see your hand in front of your face.