Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Blair Witch Project Reboot

Blair Witch Project Reboot Reportedly in the works at
    Lionsgate if they do this I hope it's a Prequel.

https://screenrant.com/blair-witch-p...opment-report/

I think they should leave the franchise alone. The 2016 reboot attempt was pretty boring and it was a rare movie I was tempted to walk out on. The first movie is a classic and I still remember the theories and slight paranoia with the marketing of the movie during the early days of the internet and word of mouth. Unless they actually plan to show the Blair Witch finally, I probably would pass.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

How does one reboot this? The whole appeal of the first was its viral marketing campaign and found footage style, which can't be repeated.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Unless they're going back to the 1800s to tell the Witch's origins I don't see it working.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Unless they're going back to the 1800s to tell the Witch's origins I don't see it working.
    And if that's the plan then just do your own thing and don't even tie it to Blair Witch. The audience recognition and nostalgia for that title can't be that large.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I'm not sure there could be anything lamer than re-booting a "found footage" movie.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    That idea has potential, but at the same time too much knowledge can be a bad thing and undermine scares.

Fear of the unknown is what made the original film so unsettling. If we get the witch's origins, it takes away the mystery and fear aspects

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    How does one reboot this? The whole appeal of the first was its viral marketing campaign and found footage style, which can't be repeated.
    Exactly. What worked about this movie was the concerted effort in the marketing to make it appear as if this was a true story, involving a real local legend. The one thing that made it work is the one thing that can't be replicated because everyone now knows its fictional.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Oh yeesh. Another remake. I enjoyed the original. Just leave it alone. Hollywood is running out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I think they should leave the franchise alone. The 2016 reboot attempt was pretty boring and it was a rare movie I was tempted to walk out on. The first movie is a classic and I still remember the theories and slight paranoia with the marketing of the movie during the early days of the internet and word of mouth. Unless they actually plan to show the Blair Witch finally, I probably would pass.
    They did show BW in the 2016 movie I know they tried to go back on it but that was totally supposed to be her.

https://www.google.com/search?q=blai...qS84dklndyOuHM

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't mind it ,if it is done along the lines of 'Black Death' movie in a period story, but I'd rather see a Ninth Gate sequel

Astonishing Member

I'd rather see a Ninth Gate sequel or 'The Shrine' prequel
    Last edited by Rev9; 04-20-2024 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    The first movie sucked, lol.....It was the first time I continuously wanted to walk out of a movie, but I kept thinking something's going to happen since people kept raving about it. It was a dud the whole way through, and didn't merit any sequels, prequels, nor reboots.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-14-2024 at 01:43 PM.