Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Marc Silvestri!!!

Uncanny X-Men #222

Art by Marc Silvestri http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....arc_silvestri/
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 03-29-2017 at 08:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    616 Sabretooth is NOT an X-Man. He is NOT invertible, redeemable, or whatever the hell else you want to call it. He's an unapologetic cannibalistic psychopath and monster who revels in carnage and his animal nature. Marvel even TRYING to redeem him in the main verse is a clear shark-jumping moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    While that is true, he has shown that he has a heart sometimes. In Phalanx Covenant he assisted Emma, Sean, and Jubilee with saving the future Generation X students even after he busted out of control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    Which made absolutely no sense. The x-men had him holed up in their little Guantanamo up until that point, deprived of all due process. Then, he decides to team up? Please. Just a hamhanded way to give him some "neutral" shading.
    Vic Creed needs no team up. I detest easy categorizations like "hero" and "evil", but at the core, Vic should be grounded in a healthy dislike of all things x. Evil? Purely up to your subjectivity.
    Oh, you mean there's circumstances where eating babies is NOT evil? Good to know for the next time I need a snack. :-P
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    Another hamhanded scene, this time to in the opposite extreme. If you want to convey evil, do better than some cheap and excessively manipulative theatrics like eating babies. That's c-level horror schlock. One of the best indications of his nature? His origin, where he killed his brother over a piece of pie. Chilling to the bone, not overdone, and ultimately memorable.
    And then he killed and ate his parents, too. You can call it hamhanded all you want, you just can't get around the fact that when it comes to Sabretooth, SOMEONE is getting eaten.
    So true!

What do you guys think about Sabretooth in Weapon X? I honestly think he's too OOC.

I think him and Logan are being too friendly with each other. They are mortal enemies. Unless that is Age of Apocalypse Sabretooth then he should be trying to kill Wolverine and vice versa.

Victor is still inverted after AXIS. And this is an older version of Logan who seems to not give as much of a damn about Creed. So I can see how they're getting along at this stage.

Hell, their whole relationship is flipped at this point. Instead of Creed being the older and nastier of the two, always showing up to try and prove his dominance; instead he now comes across as the younger of the two. It's kind of interesting IMO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Victor is still inverted after AXIS. And this is an older version of Logan who seems to not give as much of a damn about Creed. So I can see how they're getting along at this stage.

Hell, their whole relationship is flipped at this point. Instead of Creed being the older and nastier of the two, always showing up to try and prove his dominance; instead he now comes across as the younger of the two. It's kind of interesting IMO.
    Also, Creed is still Inverted from Axis.

Supposedly Logan is from a reality that was extremely similar the 616. So at the very least he should be hostile.

Yeah, but 50 years passed during which the villains took over and subjected people to all sorts of unimaginable cruelties. Kind of gives one a bit of perspective, so perhaps his hatred of Creed just doesn't run that deep anymore. I'd imagine he hates the Hulk and his offspring a whole lot more, for example. Or Mysterio. Or the Red Skull.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, but 50 years passed during which the villains took over and subjected people to all sorts of unimaginable cruelties. Kind of gives one a bit of perspective, so perhaps his hatred of Creed just doesn't run that deep anymore. I'd imagine he hates the Hulk and his offspring a whole lot more, for example. Or Mysterio. Or the Red Skull.
    Yeah I can see that to a point. Sabretooth should always be on his going to kill list.

Well, it doesn't seem like Logan likes the guy and wants to be friends with him. But at this stage he can tolerate the inverted version I suppose. And they have a common objective because both were being hunted by the new Weapon X program.

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Does anyone else think Creed needs to go back to normal? He's too flexible in if he's still inverted, if he is he seems a little too much like his old self, but if he isn't he seems a little too kind & helpful. Am I making any sense?
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Wolfram & Hart View Post
    Does anyone else think Creed needs to go back to normal? He's too flexible in if he's still inverted, if he is he seems a little too much like his old self, but if he isn't he seems a little too kind & helpful. Am I making any sense?
    Yeah I understand - he's too morally ambiguous now, he either wants to kill someone or to save someone.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I think in Weapon X book he does seem a little too chummy and like "hip" or something. In Uncanny (still post AXIS) he was doing a more moral struggle and actually starting breaking down when with Monet as she gave in to Emplate.

But now he is all talking about using twitter and hairdos and stuff with Domino. Also I get the sense he and Domino are a potential romantic pairing in this book which is also strange
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

They dont need to be jumping at each other's jugular. Aside from the inversion they have a common goal Weapon X. Thier issues are secondaru
    X-Men Forever

Well nothing says the inverted version either has to be too good of a character or simply a psycho, sociopath with a anti-X-men obsession. They could do what they did with Magneto in his solo. Not really a villain yet not one to just stand back and do nothing to his enemies. At this point who knows. The inverted version is here to stay. Go the way of the dodo depending on the writer. Or they make him a anti-hero. If they make him a villain again then so be it. I REALLY don't want to see what usually happens where the character turns evil. Yet no one expects it. At this point they should expect Sabertooth to stab them in the back. Written any other way the characters will look like idiots imo.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.