Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Ah Marvel's Continuity.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    S3 Gale-2.jpg

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk.

Maybe a new editor will fix some of Marvel's problems.

Though I liked Bunn's Sabretooh, I just couldn't care less for the stories he was telling. It's been a while since I read a Sabretooth story that I genuinely enjoyed. Mind you I didn't read his last battle against Deadpool. Funny how Creed is having an important presence in the X-books but doesn't seem to have memorable moments. I still think they wasted the whole set up Aaron did before living the main Wolverine title. Sabretooth, lord of the japanese mob was too good to last
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I agree that in general, Sabretooth isn't allowed to really shine. He's only around to get beat up. Now, he's not much of a threat to anyone that isn't a regular human. Sad he went from Cleremont's superior Wolverine to Marvel's bitch in the last 15 years.

Bunn didn't really get to tell his story. The book ended when things were still getting set up. I think Creed would've had some great moments if Bunn was allowed to keep him.

I wanted to see all Bunn had planned. Iron Fist is the only thing i'm enjoying Creed in. He's supposed to appear in ANW later. But I know good & well to avoid that. because if he's in a book with Logan AND Laura, you know they're gonna get all the good moments and Creed will be treated even more like crap than he already is to hype those two.

I can enjoy decent stuff with Creed like when he guest-starred in Deadpool last year. He did nothing groundbreaking, but I loved his characterization. UXM was the same. He didn't get many big moments, but I enjoyed his characterization. Weapon X has been the huge letdown. Creed has nothing good going for him there. Except the artwork. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 11-28-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Fantastic Member TheForbiddenOne's Avatar

I agree that in general, Sabretooth isn't allowed to really shine. He's only around to get beat up. Now, he's not much of a threat to anyone that isn't a regular human. Sad he went from Cleremont's superior Wolverine to Marvel's bitch in the last 15 years.

Bunn didn't really get to tell his story. The book ended when things were still getting set up. I think Creed would've had some great moments if Bunn was allowed to keep him.

I wanted to see all Bunn had planned. Iron Fist is the only thing i'm enjoying Creed in. He's supposed to appear in ANW later. But I know good & well to avoid that. because if he's in a book with Logan AND Laura, you know they're gonna get all the good moments and Creed will be treated even more like crap than he already is to hype those two.

I can enjoy decent stuff with Creed like when he guest-starred in Deadpool last year. He did nothing groundbreaking, but I loved his characterization. UXM was the same. He didn't get many big moments, but I enjoyed his characterization. Weapon X has been the huge letdown. Creed has nothing good going for him there. Except the artwork. lol
    Creed was still very funny in Weapon X before Laura came along. First book I found genuinely funny in a while.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenOne View Post
    Creed was still very funny in Weapon X before Laura came along. First book I found genuinely funny in a while.
    Because when I think "Sabretooth," the first thing that comes to mind is "comedy."

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Because when I think "Sabretooth," the first thing that comes to mind is "comedy."
    Especially if the comedy makes him look like a total moron or a complete bitch.

If we bring up comedy with Creed, I like him having a smartass or ball busting comment. In this book, he has no wit at all, and is the one getting his balls busted (literally by fanfickerine).

If the jokes have Creed as the butt of them, and he just looks pathetic (like all of Weapon X), then it sucks. Unless you don't like him, and love seeing him punk'd lol Understandable
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 11-28-2017 at 03:43 PM.

I don’t have a problem with Sabretooth having his ass handed to him once in a while, but I think they have cross a line with the character. At least writers like Claremont or Remender have had Creed being defeated but also have given him some of his greatest moments
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Agreed. Everyone loses a fight. But when it's constantly happening, then the character looks like a joke. I love Creed when it's like Wolverine's Return of the Native. The Native got many good shots on him. She defeated him quickly when he first encountered her. Then she stabs him in the groin, and gouges his eyes out later. But, he was still a threat in that story. At the climax, he made easy work out of both of them in a few hours.

Now, we got a Creed who's punk'd by X-23. Then only tied with her at best when they fought again. Sad that was an improvment. The Phoenix Resurrection previews already look bad. OML & Domino are standing around looking at something and Creed is lying on his face in the background. So he's gonna be bitching out in that too.

Remember treats Creed well. I just hate him pushing the Sabretooth being in love with Mystique agenda. So because of his love of that pairing, he loses points wtih me.. lol Cleremont was naturally the best, since he created Sabretooth to be the superior version of Logan, and he showed it. Creed was always a threat when CM was at the helm.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 11-30-2017 at 08:33 PM.

Personally, I don’t have anything against Creed+Mystique, so I was pretty happy with how Remender used Sabretooth. Nicieza also did some good one shots with Creed back in the 90s. I’m really disappointed that OML and Sabretooth aren’t sharing a good book, such a waste

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Personally, I don’t have anything against Creed+Mystique, so I was pretty happy with how Remender used Sabretooth. Nicieza also did some good one shots with Creed back in the 90s. I’m really disappointed that OML and Sabretooth aren’t sharing a good book, such a waste
    I basically like most of how Creed was written in the 90's and early 2000s. I think it was around 2004 where more writers started to turn him into a joke. And it's once every blue moon good a writer gets him that actually tries to do him some justice. But it doesn't last long because soon after writers like Pak come along and reset everything to mediocre.

I have said it's sad the best artist on Creed is apart of the worst book. Creed looks badass in chapter 12 of Weapon X. (except for the band-aids)
    (Creed-3).jpg
    But sadly, that's probably gonna be all that can be said. And I agree a better book, with a better writer would've done Creed & Logan more justice. Pak has made me hate their interactions. I am preferring Sabretooth & Danny over in Iron Fist better. At least Creed holds his own with him, rather than being a wayward pet to Logan.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 11-30-2017 at 09:08 PM.

I still remember the Sabretooth Special from back in 1996. That was an awesome issue and a crazy dangerous Sabretooth.

Agreed. A Sabretooth that required all the X-Men to go after.

Plus, you see how psychologically dangerous he is, given how he talked down everyone who came to him, and even managed to break Boomer & Xavier (somewhat) with some of his comments.

He was a bit creepier / more threatening in general back. Like when he guest-starred in Deadpool for a few chapters.
    https://imgur.com/a/j5yuR
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-01-2017 at 10:13 AM.

Astonishing Member

Another appearance of Victor Creed, via these Preview Pages for IRON FIST #75.
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 12-01-2017 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Another appearance of Victor Creed, via these Preview Pages for IRON FIST #75.
    The link is messed up. But I found it again.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-fist-75/

Looking forward to the chapter.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-01-2017 at 10:38 AM.