Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Haven't read Weapon X since chapter 13.

Lost interest in Hack's direction since he writes Creed as a bumbling, completely incompetent, moron. Given me Ed Brisson's Creed again, and I'd be happy. Or give him back to Bunn, who I think some good stories could've come from.

I enjoyed AXIS since it was something new that could've taken him in a more interesting direction. He hasn't gotten any respect as a villain. Modern writers can't do villainous and still make him interesting. He just becomes a Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain. Like exactly what Pak is doing. Except even those villains manage to be a threat. lol

In recent years, Creed's just the villain to get his ass kicked & build-up Logan. He's a D-Lister. And if he's not, they fooled me the constant jobbing, bumbling, and heroes treating him like an annoyance instead of a threat. I'd rather have him graduate to anti-hero territory and get some decent treatment as a character -like he was getting before Pak.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-16-2018 at 01:32 AM.

Read this one.

And if you haven’t already, read Iron Fist. He appeared there with a very interesting Bushido code of honor.

I read Iron Fist. Ed Brisson wrote a terrific Sabretooth there. And he's the only one who has since last April. Someone make him the definitive writer of Creed, and get him away from Hack.

Gotta pass on reading WX 15. Been burned too many time. I stick to spoiler summaries / reviews to stay updated. There's liable to be another lame comedy attempt where there's a joke about how Creed can't use a spoon. There's already been a poor joke that he can't use a keyboard. And lets not forget him not being able to hunt in chapter 12.

I'm also not engaged in the plot. Logan & Creed have fought numerous times before. Plus Creed has done nothing but get his ass kicked, so his fights are the last thing I wanna see. Laura clobbered him in 10 sec.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-16-2018 at 01:37 AM.

So, I flipped through the last released issue of Weapon X, Creed vs Old Man Logan. For what I saw, there isn’t any consistency with Sabretooth’s current role as a good guy, he attacked OML because it was his birthday, so he behaves exactly as he did before the inversion. I doubt there’s a reason in-comic, as it could have been that the effects have been slowly disappearing since issue 1 par example. The writers could have played with the birthday thing, but by giving something that isn’t the nth fight between Creed and Logan (even if he’s NML), took the opportunity to innovate
    Last edited by Chubistian; 03-21-2018 at 12:08 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Basically once ResurrXion hit. Writers & Editorial either don't know what to do with Creed. Or they are out & out ignoring AXIS.

He's being refereed to as a villain in Hunt for Wolverine. He's been a villain throughout Weapon X, he's just so pathetic & incompetent people don't notice. lol

Rosenberg & Taylor also wrote him evil in Phoenix Resurrection & All-New Wolverine.

But the confusion comes because they keep pairing him up with heroes. If he's evil, he didn't need to be at the X-Summit in Phoenix Resurrection. Lady Deathstrike wasn't there. Aside from Brisson, everyone this year has written him as a villain, but he's still accepted around the good guys on occasion & wearing his X-Costume on all the covers, plus ANW & PR.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-10-2018 at 12:48 PM.

Cinar's art for the upcoming Weapon X arc. Chapters 17 - 19

He draws the best Creed we've had in a while -though Matteo Lolli is still the best, imo.

Lol at the last pic. Apparently he becomes reluctant pals with Domino's puppy.

I doubt the writing has improved, but Cinar's art is what makes me wanna flip through these chapters. Damn him. If only this book had terrible art to match the writing.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-11-2018 at 05:34 PM.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Cinar's art for the upcoming Weapon X arc. Chapters 17 - 19

He draws the best Creed we've had in a while -though Matteo Lolli is still the best, imo.
    Don't know if you managed to catch chapter 17, but I was surprised at how decent it was. It wasn't great, but Pak and Van Lenta definitely made Creed have a "Wait, I'm smarter than this..." moment. It looks like they're actually taking advantage of having Creed as the leader of the team, and I hope they carry through with the momentum they started here.

Did they ever release the full roster of the upcoming Weapon X-Force? I know Sabretooth, Omega Red and Domino are in there but I hadn't heard anything since.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Don't know if you managed to catch chapter 17, but I was surprised at how decent it was. It wasn't great, but Pak and Van Lenta definitely made Creed have a "Wait, I'm smarter than this..." moment. It looks like they're actually taking advantage of having Creed as the leader of the team, and I hope they carry through with the momentum they started here.

Did they ever release the full roster of the upcoming Weapon X-Force? I know Sabretooth, Omega Red and Domino are in there but I hadn't heard anything since.
    Chapter 18 was great. I did appreciate them acknowledging that Creed is supposed to be smart.

I am still not a huge fan, given I miss Bunn wriring him
    But a right step. Just lose the frat boy meme talk.

So, i think that i pretty much read all the good fights between Sabretooth and Wolverine on Logan's solo, so... what other stuff would you recomend me to read about the "King of the freaking jungle"

If you haven't, I recommend Mary Shelley Overdrive. One of Creed's best.

If you haven't, I recommend Mary Shelley Overdrive. One of Creed's best.
    I read the first issue, thought that it was interesting, but does he have any other good mini.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I read the first issue, thought that it was interesting, but does he have any other good mini.
    Back to Nature was a good one-shot.

Death Hunt was decent

The First X-Men eas ok, but Creed was sanatuzed a bit much.

Then there was his 90's mini. And Sabretooth in the Red Zone - a one-shot

Back to Nature was a good one-shot.

Death Hunt was decent

The First X-Men eas ok, but Creed was sanatuzed a bit much.

Then there was his 90's mini. And Sabretooth in the Red Zone - a one-shot
    Thanks i would check then too.

I didn't know about this Sabretooth's appreciation thread that's great !

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    So, i think that i pretty much read all the good fights between Sabretooth and Wolverine on Logan's solo, so... what other stuff would you recomend me to read about the "King of the freaking jungle"
    Silver Fang gave you the best for Creed, but you can also try :

- X-Men Vol.2 #4-7 : The origins of the Team X team

- X-Men Unlimited vol.1 #13 : Creed is tracked by the X-Men because he's losing it. After this issue Xavier will try to reform Creed.

- X-Men Unlimited vol.1 #17 : Creed and Logan swap bodies, it's a really fun story

- The Phalanx Covenant crossover : You can see Creed fighting alongside the X-Men against the Phalanx

- Uncanny X-Men vol.1 #328 : Sabretooth vs Psylocke, this issue shows why you should never underestimate Creed (Sabretooth in The red Zone is a direct follow-up to this issue and also serves as a prelude to the Howard Mackie's run on X-Factor)

- X-Factor vol.1 #120-138 by Howard Mackie : Not the best run ever, but a decent showing for Sabretooth

- Weapon X The Draft Wild Child #1, Deadpool Vol.1 #57-60 & Weapon X vol.2 #1-29 : One of the best portrayal of Creed (it's a direct follow-up to Tieri's Wolverine's run)

- The Identity Disc vol.1 #1-5 : An underrated story, think The Usual Suspects but with Marvel villains. Creed is really great in this mini.

- X-Men Origins Sabretooth : Sabretooth's origins told by Kieron Gillen (much better than what he did with Origin II), it's worth a look.

- X-Men vol.2 #188-199 : Creed joins Rogue's team during Mike Carey's run after House of M. Not bad at all.

- Deadpool Vol.3 #34 & vol.4 #8-11 : Nice story about Creed and Deadpool

Alternate version :

- Age Of Apocalypse : Creed fighting against Apocalypse's army, I really like this portrayal of Creed and his relationship with Blink

- Exiles vol.1 #1-89 : The AOA version of Creed appears during the serie and officialy joins the team with issue 60, but the serie as a whole is worth reading (since you're a fan of Wolverine check issues 85-86 for some good laughs)
    Last edited by Hush; 06-17-2018 at 06:49 AM.