Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Happy Birthday Denys Cowan!!!

LOVED this issue
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 02-09-2017 at 03:37 PM.

BANNED

Default Happy Birthday, Mary Jo Duffy!

Thanks you for the GREAT use of Sabretooth during your run of Power Man & Iron Fist. http://www.ladiesmakingcomics.com/po...-mary-jo-duffy

BANNED

Happy Birthday Marc Silvestri!!!

I was disappointed that the first fight between Sabretooth and Wolverine drawn by you was so short. Luckily when you did your Wolverine run you made up for it! http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....arc_silvestri/

Spectacular Member Emilio Garra's Avatar

145937909173479.jpg

Evil bastard... as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    Yes, mine too. I hope his 'inversion' sticks.
    Same. The more I read Uncanny the more Sabes sticks out as my favorite. We're down one Wolverine (two wrongs don't make a right) so, to me, Sabes is the closest thing we have. I was thinking, while doing laundry, that keeping him as a hero brings with it some interesting stories. There's a quote on his Marvel Comics Database entry I thought was interesting: "Now it's my turn to see if I can find that spirit to overcome my past. The heart to push through the glaring eyes that only see the beast I was. You'll see Logan. I'll do it. I'll find it. Spirit of a Wolverine.". "The heart to push through the glaring eyes that only see the beast I was." is what stood out to me. When Wolverine joined the X-Men, way back when, we got the idea that he wasn't such a nice guy. Later on we see more of that, in various flashbacks and origin stories, but we never really experienced him being a stone-cold killer. That's not the case with Sabretooth. We've actually seen what he's done in the past, even seen him play the hero for a time, only to go back to the beast that was. I think this one thing makes his story, his (possible) permanent hero turn, something more. It's one thing for other characters, heroes and villains alike, to tell us through the stories how bad Victor was, once upon a time, but it's something else altogether for us to have witnessed it with our own two eyes. "The heart to push through the glaring eyes that only see the beast I was.". That's true not only for the X-Men but for us, the readers, as well. OUR eyes are the ones Victor Creed really needs to convince, and I sincerely hope Bunn and any other writers who use him keep him a hero and endevor to "push through the glaring eyes" and convince us that he has, indeed, left his terrible past behind...

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Same. The more I read Uncanny the more Sabes sticks out as my favorite. We're down one Wolverine (two wrongs don't make a right) so, to me, Sabes is the closest thing we have. I was thinking, while doing laundry, that keeping him as a hero brings with it some interesting stories. There's a quote on his Marvel Comics Database entry I thought was interesting: "Now it's my turn to see if I can find that spirit to overcome my past. The heart to push through the glaring eyes that only see the beast I was. You'll see Logan. I'll do it. I'll find it. Spirit of a Wolverine.". "The heart to push through the glaring eyes that only see the beast I was." is what stood out to me. When Wolverine joined the X-Men, way back when, we got the idea that he wasn't such a nice guy. Later on we see more of that, in various flashbacks and origin stories, but we never really experienced him being a stone-cold killer. That's not the case with Sabretooth. We've actually seen what he's done in the past, even seen him play the hero for a time, only to go back to the beast that was. I think this one thing makes his story, his (possible) permanent hero turn, something more. It's one thing for other characters, heroes and villains alike, to tell us through the stories how bad Victor was, once upon a time, but it's something else altogether for us to have witnessed it with our own two eyes. "The heart to push through the glaring eyes that only see the beast I was.". That's true not only for the X-Men but for us, the readers, as well. OUR eyes are the ones Victor Creed really needs to convince, and I sincerely hope Bunn and any other writers who use him keep him a hero and endevor to "push through the glaring eyes" and convince us that he has, indeed, left his terrible past behind...
    I'm sorry, but I completely disagree with Sabes being turned into a "hero" or having any moments of redemption. To wipe out his true self with magic or whatever just to turn him into another Wolverine is an injustice to the character. He's a monster through and through. There may be villains who do things on a bigger scale, but I always felt Sabretooth was the most evil and scariest one in the Marvel universe.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I prefer this new Sabretooth he should stick around.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I doubt the new Sabretooth will last, he's already starting to fade back it looks like and scaring Monet

Plus look at the overwhelmingly negative fan reaction just on this forum to Sabretooth being included in an X-team.

People on this forum still discuss whether Rogue has properly redeemed herself for crying out loud lol, you think they'll ever be ok with Sabretooth?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I prefer this new Sabretooth he should stick around.
    Yep. I hope they don't waste a good opportunity and turn him heel again...

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio Garra View Post
    To wipe out his true self with magic or whatever just to turn him into another Wolverine is an injustice to the character.
    Sabertooth is something Wolverine never really was: an actual villian. Also, weren't there times Creed tried to turn things around only to have it blow up in his face? Now he gets another chance...

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    People on this forum still discuss whether Rogue has properly redeemed herself for crying out loud lol, you think they'll ever be ok with Sabretooth?
    People on this forum are never okay with anything. I'm not really basing character worthiness on what I read on the X-boards...

Sabretooth was beyond boring as a villain. Killing people just because the plot needed a villain is cliche and reminds me of the Joker at DC. I lost track of the amount of times Victor and Logan would kill each other?

When Marvel turned Victor into a hero it made him a complex and interesting character. He has remorse for all the slaughter that he’s done in the past and trying to make up for that makes him human and relatable.

Victor was my favorite in Uncanny Avengers and he’s awesome in Uncanny X-men!
    Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    Sabretooth was beyond boring as a villain. Killing people just because the plot needed a villain is cliche and reminds me of the Joker at DC. I lost track of the amount of times Victor and Logan would kill each other?

When Marvel turned Victor into a hero it made him a complex and interesting character. He has remorse for all the slaughter that he’s done in the past and trying to make up for that makes him human and relatable.

I wanted to see more scenes between pre-Inversion Creed and X-23. Those couple moments in the Logan Legacy were perfectly skeevy and uncomfortable. That would have made for a pretty disturbingly sresh spin on the Sabretooth/Wolverine conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post

That's all a matter of opinion as I find him more interesting than most villains. I really find it ridiculous that he and Psylocke are teammates now after everything he did to her, but hey he's a "good guy" now and all is forgiven. One of my favorite moments of Sabretooth was when he played the X-Men for saps and laughing in Xavier's face after his supposed lobotomy. At that moment, Xavier knew there was nothing redeemable about Victor and he was a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio Garra View Post
    That's all a matter of opinion as I find him more interesting than most villains. I really find it ridiculous that he and Psylocke are teammates now after everything he did to her, but hey he's a "good guy" now and all is forgiven. One of my favorite moments of Sabretooth was when he played the X-Men for saps and laughing in Xavier's face after his supposed lobotomy. At that moment, Xavier knew there was nothing redeemable about Victor and he was a lost cause.
    Great times