Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member

Maybe the twist is that he's not following his usual pattern of having some weird twist because it worked in one movie?

The trailer looked good, but I'll wait on word of mouth.

Drax actually looks like he's acting, so kudos there.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Did you watch the trailer?
    I finally did. Looks kind of good. But I'm a bit shell-shocked when it comes to MNS movies. So I'll be waiting for the first reviews to come in before deciding on whether to see this movie.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 09-24-2022 at 10:18 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

You didn't like the movie or just the twist? Ether way you've missed some good ones the visit Split Glass.
    Doesn't matter. I'm content with having skipped ANYTHING from him.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Retired

Having watched some but not all M. Night movies, and not always in order, seems to have spared me this great deadening of interest. It looks like THE VILLAGE is one movie I should avoid.

But any director that has put out more than a few movies is bound to come up with a poor picture--that doesn't usually destroy their reputation. It's usually other things that do that--like acts of rape, murder, torture. And even then some people will forgive them as long as their next movie is entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Doesn't matter. I'm content with having skipped ANYTHING from him.
    Lol the movie wasn't that bad.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Lol the movie wasn't that bad.
    I agree. The Village was one of the more suspenseful movies I had watched, it was the nonsensical twist at the end that pissed me off and ruined my appreciation of the film.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Retired

Twists are given too much importance. When I watched THE SIXTH SENSE back when it came out in theatres, it was pretty obvious to me what happened in the first scene and the scenes that followed supported my point of view. So there was no shock ending for me. The shock was the gasps of amazement from the rest of the audience--were they asleep? My enjoyment of the movie came from the cleverness in some scenes and the great performance by Toni Collette, who never gets the recognition she deserves.

With a title like KNOCK AT THE CABIN, I expect a stealth sequel to CABIN IN THE WOODS.