View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Did something else happen after The God Complex piece?

Also my video game backlog is pretty huge so I might skip the movie too.
    nothing major

Demanded Susan Sarandon pay tribute to his altar

Referring to himself as Jesus and the Devil. Something something about being the messiah and leading an Indigenous revolution.

And then like he's also the Anti-Christ or the girl he groomed was the Anti-Christ and their union would usher in the Apocalypse. yada yada yada

A few years ago I'd have thought this article was fabricating things, but seeing as yesterday the FDA had to come out and tell people not to marinate their chicken in NyQuil and the lead singer from Maroon 5 wants to name his newborn child after his mistress. That story seems pretty par for the course in 2022.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    nothing major

Demanded Susan Sarandon pay tribute to his altar

Referring to himself as Jesus and the Devil. Something something about being the messiah and leading an Indigenous revolution.

And then like he's also the Anti-Christ or the girl he groomed was the Anti-Christ and their union would usher in the Apocalypse. yada yada yada

A few years ago I'd have thought this article was fabricating things, but seeing as yesterday the FDA had to come out and tell people not to marinate their chicken in NyQuil and the lead singer from Maroon 5 wants to name his newborn child after his mistress. That story seems pretty par for the course in 2022.
    Will the Flash movie still get released, and if yeah how should even the marketing look like, especially concerning interviews?

Incredible Member

''Undoubtedly beyond Chbosky’s power is the alleged misconduct of Ezra Miller, who brought eccentric high school student Patrick (alongside a post–Harry Potter Emma Watson as his soulful step sister Sam), from page to screen. In 2022, to watch Miller’s performance as an outwardly charismatic, inwardly tormented teenager is to witness a star-making turn—Zack Snyder was convinced to cast Miller in The Flash off of Perks—but it’s also unavoidably complicated given the actor’s alleged misdeeds and troubled public image in recent years.

Chbosky, who spoke about Miller ahead of VF’s latest reporting on them, hasn’t had much contact with the now 29-year-old since Perks. “I guarantee you, you personally know a lot more about Ezra Miller these days than I do,” he insists."

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...osky-interview

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Will the Flash movie still get released, and if yeah how should even the marketing look like, especially concerning interviews?
    by all indications Warner Discovery is hell bent on releasing the movie.

Marketing? Good question, just ignore all that information and hope people forget, and nothing else drops. Oh and obviously Ezra cannot be apart of any marketing
    The J-man

Rather tellingly, they released a Black Adam TV spot yesterday teasing the Justice League, and everyone else on the team was shown or at least alluded to except Flash and Cyborg.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAe6E8msc_Y

Marketing? Good question, just ignore all that information and hope people forget, and nothing else drops. Oh and obviously Ezra cannot be apart of any marketing
    This, and also build excitement for the movie by marketing all the other big characters: Keaton Batman, Batfleck, Calle's Supergirl. (Lost track if Momoa or Gadot are in it?).
    The name is going to force at least a little inclusion of Ezra-Flash but please God keep him away from any publicity events!

Mighty Member

I don't get it anymore, the Flash movie looks like a huge pr disaster, and it seems just crazy to hope everyone will just forget about the actor of the titular main character who was piling up scandals for months or truly even years.

Ezra back to work filming more reshoots for flash. Also had a "positive meeting" about the flash future with wb says the wrap.

“The Flash” is expected to reset Warner Bros.’ DC movie timeline and set a new stage for DC films going forward. According to an insider with knowledge of the project, the film has been testing positively.

Miller and their agent met with Warner Bros.’ film heads back in August in what TheWrap has learned was described as a “very positive” meeting about the future of the upcoming DC film “The Flash.”
    https://www.thewrap.com/ezra-miller-the-flash-reshoots/

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Ya know...it absolutely boggles my mind what WB is thinking these days. Johnny Depp was booted fast and hard for allegations of abuse (no facts presented). Armie Hammer booted for allegations of abuse (no facts presented at that time.) So many more instances of actors booted for allegations where no facts were presented at the time yet Ezra Miller has all kinds of facts stacked against him and WB execs are having "positive meetings" with him and pushing his movie forward.
    They need to be done with this degenerate, they keep saying they are dropping movies and shows for tax write offs, this seems like it would be a grand opportunity for just such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Ya know...it absolutely boggles my mind what WB is thinking these days. Johnny Depp was booted fast and hard for allegations of abuse (no facts presented). Armie Hammer booted for allegations of abuse (no facts presented at that time.) So many more instances of actors booted for allegations where no facts were presented at the time yet Ezra Miller has all kinds of facts stacked against him and WB execs are having "positive meetings" with him and pushing his movie forward.
    They need to be done with this degenerate, they keep saying they are dropping movies and shows for tax write offs, this seems like it would be a grand opportunity for just such a thing.
    Yeah... makes me suspect these are just excuses.

Ultimate Member

They still want to compete with Marvel and have their own shared canon machine. The Flash movie is their lynchpin in that, and they won't give it up without a fight.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They still want to compete with Marvel and have their own shared canon machine. The Flash movie is their lynchpin in that, and they won't give it up without a fight.
    For all the charges brought against Miller...the violence, the cultlike behavior and most notably the grooming (which others in Hollywood have been eviscerated over)...that would be a most pathetic and inexcusable reason to keep him and this movie.

Ultimate Member

For all the charges brought against Miller...the violence, the cultlike behavior and most notably the grooming (which others in Hollywood have been eviscerated over)...that would be a most pathetic and inexcusable reason to keep him and this movie.
    "We can have the potential for hundreds of millions of dollars, or we can toss a creep overboard."

I don't disagree with you, but I also don't think anyone should be that surprised.

There’s still a good chance they cut ties with him after the movie is released. The fact that it’s already made and has 100s of millions of dollars sunk into it, and as was just mentioned it’s the lynchpin of their potentially billion dollar superhero franchises, puts them in a serious bind.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    There’s still a good chance they cut ties with him after the movie is released. The fact that it’s already made and has 100s of millions of dollars sunk into it, and as was just mentioned it’s the lynchpin of their potentially billion dollar superhero franchises, puts them in a serious bind.
    Yeah, and I'd point out that, unless I missed something, Miller is the only cast member in this crazy trouble. It's not fair to the other members who weren't uber crazy that his insanity sinks them.