View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast

“Having recently gone through a time of intense crisis, I now understand that I am suffering complex mental health issues and have begun ongoing treatment. I want to apologize to everyone that I have alarmed and upset with my past behavior. I am committed to doing the necessary work to get back to a healthy, safe and productive stage in my life.”

Ezra Miller's statement

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/e...es-1235341888/

Looks like WB went with option 1 lol. Told you guys they weren’t dropping Ezra. Redemption tour incoming, Ezra will be part of the marketing tour now I’d bet. Also you guys really need to start linking the articles when you come here with news.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Well Zaslav’s ultimatum seemingly worked. This was the best case scenario for WB and Ezra. Hopefully they can stay on the straight and narrow and not be a danger to themselves and others around them. I’m sure there are a lot of fans who will never forgive him but Hollywood loves a comeback story and has been pretty good to celebs who seek forgiveness and help. Look at Robert Downey Jr.

I really hope it’s not just BS and they can actually get their mental health problems in order.

Maybe it was a good thing that Ezra’s mom finally stepped in. She apparently accompanied him to the Flash reshoots. Maybe that was the only person that could get through to them.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-15-2022 at 11:53 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Looks like WB went with option 1 lol. Told you guys they weren’t dropping Ezra. Redemption tour incoming, Ezra will be part of the marketing tour now I’d bet. Also you guys really need to start linking the articles when you come here with news.
    What of load of garbage. Erza should be in jail.

Good for them if it works out.

When all else fails, lean on “mental health issues” for sympathy and to avoid accountability. And also to keep the studio from having to tank a $300 million dollar movie. PR 101.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    When all else fails, lean on “mental health issues” for sympathy and to avoid accountability. And also to keep the studio from having to tank a $300 million dollar movie. PR 101.
    To be fair, it does seem that Miller has serious issues. But I'm skeptical that Miller can hold it together long enough to get through the presser and the movie's first run release. We'll see.

this was always going to be the play. Get a hold of him. Just sit on him manage PR and get the movie out.

WB saw this film as to big to fail when they brought Batman in. Literally the start of their new 8-year cinematic DC cinematic universe plan.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    To be fair, it does seem that Miller has serious issues. But I'm skeptical that Miller can hold it together long enough to get through the presser and the movie's first run release. We'll see.
    Mental health issues as an excuse for bad behavior only works for a particular racial demographic in this country. Therefore, I find it suspect. And I’m highly skeptical.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    this was always going to be the play. Get a hold of him. Just sit on him manage PR and get the movie out.

WB saw this film as to big to fail when they brought Batman in. Literally the start of their new 8-year cinematic DC cinematic universe plan.
    I’m glad someone sees it for the play it is. This is PR strategy 101. Straight from the playbook. Next is to keep Ezra out of sight and out of mind and under control until they can get the movie out and then cut ties with them.

Retired

Before Miller went off the rails, they were everyone's darling. Remember the cute antics at the San Diego Con? Miller showed up for things like the Arrowverse Crisis--the PEACEMAKER season 1 finale. They were a team player--when Affleck, Cavill and Fisher were not.

If everyone can forgive Tom Cruise for his personal abuses (and for THE MUMMY), then they can forgive anyone--it's just a matter of how much money the actor makes for the studio. Now that Cruise has the top movie of the summer, he's the golden boy again. Money can buy you love.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I don't remember Tom Cruise going on a crime spree but okay.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Before Miller went off the rails, they were everyone's darling. Remember the cute antics at the San Diego Con? Miller showed up for things like the Arrowverse Crisis--the PEACEMAKER season 1 finale. They were a team player--when Affleck, Cavill and Fisher were not.

If everyone can forgive Tom Cruise for his personal abuses (and for THE MUMMY), then they can forgive anyone--it's just a matter of how much money the actor makes for the studio. Now that Cruise has the top movie of the summer, he's the golden boy again. Money can buy you love.
    And the audience doesn't care. So long as we're entertained and can live vicariously through whomever the offender is, we can "forgive" or "separate the art from the artist," or whatever excuse we need to embrace in order to get what we want without having to feel guilty or complicit.

Now Miller needs to get help for his mental health and stay out of trouble till the movie comes out

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Facts. If someone like Kanye went on a crime spree no one would hesitate to throw him under the jail.