View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 31 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The wife being caught between two shitty scenarios is also a possibility.

Like...husband can be abusive and she needs to escape, but going to a place with assault rifles allegedly lying around is hardly ideal either.

They have to literally make Supergirl and BatKeaton the stars and not let Ezra do ANY PUBLIC SIGHTINGS. That is unless this escalates to deadly results.

This is probably gonna end in a shootout isn’t it?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    People just see red when it comes to Miller, I mean they already discarded the testimony of the person they supposedly kidnapped, why not do it again? Nothing wrong with growing weed (morally, not legally), nothing wrong with owning guns (again, if they were purchased legally), nothing wrong with providing shelter to an abuse victim and her children. You know, after all this crazy stuff coming out from Miller, I'm kind of actually liking them more. If they stopped assaulting people, they'd be kind of based actually.

Also, just gonna throw this out here; Stockholm syndrome doesn't actually exist. It's a media term, not something psychologists use. I know this because I read the Wikipedia article.
    Yeah, maybe read this article before stating that Ezra is a totally cool guy.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/12-yea...st-ezra-miller

Tensions began brewing when the mother says she mentioned doing some traveling recently with “her tribe” of people, leading Miller to snap at her and accuse her of cultural appropriation. Then, a conversation about board games allegedly went sideways when, after Miller claimed that the board game Parcheesi had Rastafarian roots, the visiting neighbor—who is half-Black—questioned Miller as to which sect of the Rastafari movement it originated from.

“At this point, Ezra explodes and started screaming directly into my face,” the visiting neighbor tells me. “They said, ‘You don’t even know what the **** you’re talking about. What did you say to me? What did you just say to me?!’”

“I was very caught off-guard,” the visiting neighbor continues. “Then they opened up their jacket—they had this, like, big Sherpa jacket—and they opened up one side of their jacket, you could see a gun, and they said, ‘Talking like that could get you into a really serious situation.’”

Next, according to the visiting neighbor, the mother, and the child, Miller focused their attention on the then-11-year-old, saying, “I’ve talked extensively with your child, and they have a lot of power to them. At one point, you’re going to realize that you don’t have any control over them anymore. They’re an elevated being, and they would be lucky to have someone like me guide them.”

They say Miller proceeded to turn to the mother, who dresses Goth, and accused her of being a witch and a vampire, repeatedly yelling at her, “Do you want to drink my blood? Do you!?”

I know the money has been spent but they can't possibly be backing a movie with them. It's just one thing after the other and even if it settles in the next year they've still platformed someone who's widely irresponsible.

Like it'd be a good thing if they were taking in an abuse victim but if there are guns and other bullets around children that's extremely reckless.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I know the money has been spent but they can't possibly be backing a movie with them. It's just one thing after the other and even if it settles in the next year they've still platformed someone who's widely irresponsible.

Like it'd be a good thing if they were taking in an abuse victim but if there are guns and other bullets around children that's extremely reckless.
    If the money has been spent and products made-nothing can be done.

We don't know how far in advance some stuff has been made.

Like action figures. What do you do with them? Toss them in other toy lines?

Same with posters. Especially those that have been purchased for bus lines and billboards. You can scrap them but those spots have been paid for something from DC or WB to be there.

As for tv ads.... a lot of times those ads are purchased around this time of year for the new tv season. So you could get away with not spending money and just do ads for WB related networks.

So while Fox could not bother with ads. Cartoon Network being owned by WB-would slip those ads in.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I'm trying not to follow this to closely (Easy to follow into a rabbit hole), but it just entered surrealism territory.

The fact that neither Miller themselves, nor the studio have made official statements (that I know of) is even worse.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah, maybe read this article before stating that Ezra is a totally cool guy.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/12-yea...st-ezra-miller

Tensions began brewing when the mother says she mentioned doing some traveling recently with “her tribe” of people, leading Miller to snap at her and accuse her of cultural appropriation. Then, a conversation about board games allegedly went sideways when, after Miller claimed that the board game Parcheesi had Rastafarian roots, the visiting neighbor—who is half-Black—questioned Miller as to which sect of the Rastafari movement it originated from.

“At this point, Ezra explodes and started screaming directly into my face,” the visiting neighbor tells me. “They said, ‘You don’t even know what the **** you’re talking about. What did you say to me? What did you just say to me?!’”

“I was very caught off-guard,” the visiting neighbor continues. “Then they opened up their jacket—they had this, like, big Sherpa jacket—and they opened up one side of their jacket, you could see a gun, and they said, ‘Talking like that could get you into a really serious situation.’”

Next, according to the visiting neighbor, the mother, and the child, Miller focused their attention on the then-11-year-old, saying, “I’ve talked extensively with your child, and they have a lot of power to them. At one point, you’re going to realize that you don’t have any control over them anymore. They’re an elevated being, and they would be lucky to have someone like me guide them.”

They say Miller proceeded to turn to the mother, who dresses Goth, and accused her of being a witch and a vampire, repeatedly yelling at her, “Do you want to drink my blood? Do you!?”
    I've read all these articles, I know they are a weirdo, being weird isn't a crime though. Maybe/allegedly they committed these crimes; it is possible that they have an illegal grow-op, they have assaulted people and is rightfully being charged, it's possible the guns they own aren't properly stored in accordance to Hawaii regulations...This is a far cry from the initial allegations of kidnapping and grooming, we're not even talking about the same alleged victim anymore.

I hope the local authorities perform a wellness check on the family and I hope Miller complies, because that homie is al dente armed and clearly thinks someone is out for him.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I've read all these articles, I know they are a weirdo, being weird isn't a crime though. Maybe/allegedly they committed these crimes; it is possible that they have an illegal grow-op, they have assaulted people and is rightfully being charged, it's possible the guns they own aren't properly stored in accordance to Hawaii regulations...This is a far cry from the initial allegations of kidnapping and grooming, we're not even talking about the same alleged victim anymore.

I hope the local authorities perform a wellness check on the family and I hope Miller complies, because that homie is al dente armed and clearly thinks someone is out for him.
    There is quite obviously more to Miller than bei g "weird". I don't see why this should suddenly render the allegations of kidnapping and grooming null and void.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There is quite obviously more to Miller than bei g "weird". I don't see why this should suddenly render the allegations of kidnapping and grooming null and void.
    To be frank, the claim of kidnapping is kind of bull, the girl is an adult now and is with him willingly. I just can't call that kidnapping no matter how I try and stretch my mind around it.
    The allegations that he groomed her before she became an adult tho is a valid concern. His interactions with minors is still the most concerning thing I'm worried about.

BANNED

Yeah... I think some of you guys just sense blood in the water now and want to make Ezra responsible for everything wrong on the planet. This new story isn't even that bad, both this and and the last one had the 'victim' defending Ezra and the accusations were unverified. I'm sure he's not the most pleasant person to be around, but at the end of the day he doesn't affect me and there are worse things in the world than one nutty individual who clearly is mentally off. All this talk about how WB should cancel the movie on moral grounds (lol) or reshoot it with Grant Gustin or whoever are not productive. You don't have to choose to see it, but shouldn't begrudge anyone for wanting WB to release it before they cut ties/he does anything worse. It isn't like Bin Laden is playing The Flash here.

Incredible Member

Reading this thread, I am reminded of two things:

One, people will justify or excuse bad behavior when it suits their whims, and, two, no one seems to be concerned about Ezra Miller HIMSELF. The guy clearly has a mental illness, and we're talking about how his actions is going to affect a comic book movie. SMH.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    To be frank, the claim of kidnapping is kind of bull, the girl is an adult now and is with him willingly. I just can't call that kidnapping no matter how I try and stretch my mind around it.
    The allegations that he groomed her before she became an adult tho is a valid concern. His interactions with minors is still the most concerning thing I'm worried about.
    The kidnapping claim extends from the fact that Ezra's friends helped her leave the school. Additionally Ezra also helped the mother break her custody law by transporting her kids over State lines.

Add to this Ezra was having sex with Tokata before she became 18, as her aunt found them in the act.

Additionally Ezra made an 11 year old child feel uncomfortable and touched hips with them against their desire. Too many people want yo close their eyes to all of this. And no the latter parts with the added info are not directed at your post.

To be frank, the claim of kidnapping is kind of bull, the girl is an adult now and is with him willingly.
    Who was a child when he started. That does make it a child case. Plus he is accused of culting and from the reports growing and smoking cannabis unlicensed. If he is culting girls of course they will talk nice about him. Also don't forget chock slamming a woman, hitting two woman with chairs breaking ones head open, stealing cards and things and threating to kill them and burn their house down, pulling a gun on people over a board game.

If he's innocent then great but running from police and mocking them online saying "you can't catch me I'm in another universe" is not helping his case.

I'm worried he and others around him are going to get hurt or worse yet. He needs to be caught and got help.

They need to come out and speak for the defense. Running isn't what innocent people do.