View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Maybe I'm not explaining myself well enough.

You can read about one of the world's best programs here though

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...re-they-offend

Of course I think if someone is racist they need re-education and treatment. Not to be jailed...

I think culturally people need to change how they view this stuff.

Make it about helping people who suffer from a real condition that has existed both in the past as I've shown and today.
    Trying to sleep with a young girl isn't okay just because it used to be a social norm. That's non-negotiable.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Trying to sleep with a young girl isn't okay just because it used to be a social norm. That's non-negotiable.
    No one is saying sleeping with young girls is okay. You clearly didn't read what I posted.

I'm discussing the right response/punishment/treatment etc

Historically bipolar or schizophrenia people were considered demon possessed.

When I was diagnosed bipolar, my parents and church tried prayer and casting out demons. This was 2005...

Socially and culturally alcoholics for example have specific genes that make them prone to becoming drunks.

Someone who is born attracted to minors needs a real path to treatment.

Germany is on the forefront of this treatment.

No one is saying men should sleep with little girls.

Where are you getting this idea that it's okay to sleep with little girls? It's not.

Maybe I'm not explaining myself well enough.

You can read about one of the world's best programs here though

Okay.

Of course I think if someone is racist they need re-education and treatment. Not to be jailed...
    That's got nothing to do with the subject at hand; being a racist isn't illegal, assaulting people is.

I think culturally people need to change how they view this stuff.

Make it about helping people who suffer from a real condition that has existed both in the past as I've shown and today.
    Which is not mutually contradictory with holding lawbreakers legally accountable and/or giving justice to their victims. Miller's alleged troubles aren't just self-destructive behavior only harming themself; other people are getting hurt by them. No one should be above the law (as often as that sadly happens); there's no contradiction between agreeing that they need to get actual help and also insisting that they take responsibility for what they do.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

No one is saying sleeping with young girls is okay. You clearly didn't read what I posted.

I'm discussing the right response/punishment/treatment etc

Historically bipolar or schizophrenia people were considered demon possessed.

When I was diagnosed bipolar, my parents and church tried prayer and casting out demons. This was 2005...

Socially and culturally alcoholics for example have specific genes that make them prone to becoming drunks.

Someone who is born attracted to minors needs a real path to treatment.

Germany is on the forefront of this treatment.

No one is saying men should sleep with little girls.

Where are you getting this idea that it's okay to sleep with little girls? It's not.
    If it's not okay then stop trying to normalize and excuse the behavior with comments like, "It's a natural instinct" and "It was done in the past".

What you are saying is that we should be understanding of rapists, because that's all pedophilia is: rape. Children cannot consent to sex, so any sexual activity with children is rape and there's no reason to sympathize with that.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 08-19-2022 at 05:15 AM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Sigh. Just release this film already and get it over with wb.

https://www.cbr.com/ezra-miller-mult...ex-flash-dceu/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Sigh. Just release this film already and get it over with wb.

https://www.cbr.com/ezra-miller-mult...ex-flash-dceu/
    Seriously. Seemed by CBR ran like a million damn articles about this

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    If it's not okay then stop trying to normalize and excuse the behavior with comments like, "It's a natural instinct" and "It was done in the past".

What you are saying is that we should be understanding of rapists, because that's all pedophilia is: rape. Children cannot consent to sex, so any sexual activity with children is rape and there's no reason to sympathize with that.
    Many pedophiles and rapists or abusers experienced childhood abuse, rape, etc.

This Is why we need to look at breaking the cycle of abuse.

This is why punishment should include treatment and we should look at pre-treating individuals who have these conditions. Like pedophiles.

Anyway this isn't complicated and many forward thinking countries are now offering this sort of treatment.

Lots of abused kids are gonna turn into rapists and pedophiles if we don't offer trauma treatment.

It's not about normalizing pedophiles.

But it is about identifying that these men exist and need treatment for there childhood suffering and trauma.

Most forward thinking countries aren't just suggesting punishment. But real change for the people of there nations.

This is why punishment should include treatment and we should look at pre-treating individuals who have these conditions. Like pedophiles.

Anyway this isn't complicated and many forward thinking countries are now offering this sort of treatment.

Lots of abused kids are gonna turn into rapists and pedophiles if we don't offer trauma treatment.

But it is about identifying that these men exist and need treatment for there childhood suffering and trauma.

Most forward thinking countries aren't just suggesting punishment. But real change for the people of there nations.
    I'm pretty liberal and not part of the usual "Think of the Children" crowd. But the simple answer to pedophilia to me is lock em up life with no parole they can get therapy while in prison.

Sorry everyone has pain and yours (The person in this hypocritical not you just wanted to make that clear) doesn't trump their victims or potential victims especially with children who can't defend themselves.

By all accounts, Miller is getting treatment, so that's covered. The only question remains is whether or not their victims will get justice.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

omg that Vanity Fair article. This is the story that keeps on giving.

There's like zero chance I'm watching this in theaters
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I'm pretty liberal and not part of the usual "Think of the Children" crowd. But the simple answer to pedophilia to me is lock em up life with no parole they can get therapy while in prison.

Sorry everyone has pain and yours (The person in this hypocritical not you just wanted to make that clear) doesn't trump their victims or potential victims especially with children who can't defend themselves.
    You don't understand.

being a pedophilia does not mean you've acted on your sexual urge. It doesn't mean you've raped anyone or abused anyone.

Being a pedophilia is not the same as being a rapist.

Pedophilia's can be totally innocent as far as laws are concerned.

Pedophilias need access to treatment.

On the other hand. Those that do act on the urges...
    Pedophilia rapists need punishment and treatment.

The treatment part is especially important because for many. At some point they could be released.

Astonishing Member

Pedophilla rapists need to be in jail for life.

You don't understand.

being a pedophilia does not mean you've acted on your sexual urge. It doesn't mean you've raped anyone or abused anyone.

Being a pedophilia is not the same as being a rapist.

Pedophilia's can be totally innocent as far as laws are concerned.

Pedophilias need access to treatment.

On the other hand. Those that do act on the urges...
    Pedophilia rapists need punishment and treatment.

The treatment part is especially important because for many. At some point they could be released.
    What treatment, how do you change one's sexuality? I know it's draconian, but lock em up pedophiles need to be removed from society period IMO and end of story and that's my final word on the subject.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    omg that Vanity Fair article. This is the story that keeps on giving.

There's like zero chance I'm watching this in theaters
    Did something else happen after The God Complex piece?

Also my video game backlog is pretty huge so I might skip the movie too.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    What treatment, how do you change one's sexuality? I know it's draconian, but lock em up pedophiles need to be removed from society period IMO and end of story and that's my final word on the subject.
    Like I already posted. Germany is making headway in rehabilitation