View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default WB's Ezra Miller problem...

What do you think WB should do about Ezra Miller?

Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU.

Seeing as how the Flash movie is supposedly throwing out Superman anyway, I don't have a problem with this. Even if you want Snyder to come back, he would still have to deal with Miller.

Recast quietly.

I'm pretty sure everyone would understand if they did this. "Oh, look, someone else is playing Flash now. Good, we can move on."

Replace Barry with Wally/someone else.

This would be more tricky given that you would still have to account for what happened to Miller's Barry.

Other.

I don't see Miller getting better without being forced by a court or something. The studio could intervene but even then, it's entirely up to Miller to get help. Having movies coming out doesn't seem to make any difference.
    Assassinate Putin!

I'd say recast the role. I never found him to be a good choice for Barry and the character should not pay the price for the actions of the person who plays him. Miller being a trainwreck is his problem, the Barry Allen character should not suffer for it.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-20-2022 at 09:26 AM.

Replacing him with Wally is the most likely outcome since they're already replacing Batman with Batgirl and Superman with Supergirl.

The movie's given them the perfect out.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

This was my thought as well. Barry runs into the speed force and never returns.

At this point, with Heard and Miller's troubles in their private and public life. Giving Cavil what he wanted (Iron Man type roll to spring launch other up and coming heroes in their movies) doesn't seem like such a bad idea. There's still time!

People want a Flash though. Snyder's Knightmare armor Flash does give them a route to recast. The suit is a closed helmet. Barry runs into the speed force, a figure returns wearing the same armor and it's either Wally or Bart.

Last edited by Doctor Know; 04-20-2022 at 11:17 AM.

It doesn't really matter to me, but I think the very least is recast him if WB decides to use Barry as the primary Flash. I always thought his Flash character was terrible. And it also seems like he's a terrible person as well. In fact, I think he's the worst one, compared to the other DCEU Leaguers.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    This was my thought as well. Barry runs into the speed force and never returns.

At this point, with Heard and Miller's troubles in their private and public life. Giving Cavil what he wanted (Iron Man type roll to spring launch other up and coming heroes in their movies) doesn't seem like such a bad idea. There's still time!

People want a Flash though. Snyder's Knightmare armor Flash does give them a route to recast. The suit is a closed helmet. Barry runs into the speed force, a figure returns wearing the same armor and it's either Wally or Bart.

I could see them doing that actually.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

That could be a cost-effective way to alter the existing movie and remove most of Miller from the pic. Dub in a different actor's voice and have the Flash's face covered throughout the movie until the very end when the new timeline Flash emerges and it's Michael J. Fox or Eric Stoltz or Grant Gustin or Kyle Gallner or John Wesley Shipp.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

i would love to just do a post credit scene "My name is wally west, I'm the fastest man alive. two years ago my uncle berry dissapeared, so now I am the flash"
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Replace with Wally or use TV Barry/the tv cast

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Replacing him with Wally is the most likely outcome since they're already replacing Batman with Batgirl and Superman with Supergirl.
    That'll never work. Supergirl and Batgirl are not replacements for Superman and Batman; they are additional characters who depend on those two while offering a slightly different take in ADDITION to that of the male originals.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

That is… really bad. I hope they get the help they need, but also deal with some repercussions. They seem to be a risk to anyone around them.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think Warner's best bet at this point is to just throw it into theaters to fulfill whatever legal obligation they have and just not promote it. Ignore it and move forward. Sit down with Sasha Calle and work out how to introduce her into whatever comes next.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I would let the current DCEU fade out. Let WW, Shazam/Black Adam and Aquaman wrap up, then go again in a few years. I want a more comic-accurate Barry in terms of background, personality, and looks. And I'd love for (OG) Wally to be included as well.

Recasting seems to serve no purpose if the same universe's Batman and Superman aren't in the mix.

Wally wouldn't make sense to introduce without any shared screen time with Barry and it would probably be Wallace. No thank you.