View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Miller's PR team: Just use mental illness to garner sympathy and avoid accountability. It'll work, especially for people who still want to see the movie despite whatever you've done and need something to deflect criticism. Try to stay out of trouble until after the movie does numbers at the box office. After that, we don't give a bleep what you do.

Me: That sounds like America.
    Look at Crack vs Opioids with the Language used.

Crack it was a War on Drugs. War involves destroying and winning and if there are casualties oh well.

Opioids it's a epidemic or crisis which means something to helped or fixed.

Whites get treatment Blacks Prison.

If Ezra was African American they'd be in jail. I mean seriously the media is more concerned about using the wrong pronouns then Ezra's alleged crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This a PR move pure and simple. It's a accountability dodge. Erza can't promote the movie or be around for reshoots if their locked up
    It wouldn't surprise me if the day comes (and soon) where we will actually see someone promote their movie from jail.

And why compare Miller to Kanye - isn't R. Kelly perhaps a more appropriate comparison?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree with you that white people are definitely afforded a bit more mercy from law enforcement and the public at large when it comes to mental health issues. However, that's not how it should be, and I don't think the answer is to pretend those issues don't exist and aren't a factor. There are people out there like Kevin Spacey or Jared Leto who I think are just calculated predators that probably belong in jail. Then you have people like Miller or Ye who very clearly have something wrong upstairs and are out of control and I have at least a level of sympathy for people like that. I feel bad for broken people, regardless of race.
    Jared Leto? What did he do?

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Yeah, but Kanye never took on a 14-year old as personal cult member either, while being physically violent towards other people at the same time. Apples? Meet Oranges. Attempting to use comparisons is a way to absolve or ignore personal responsibility, simply because of a personal bias. But I am glad that Ezra Miller is finally getting the help he needs, no matter how this whole thing turns out.
    Is any of that 14 year old girl cult stuff proven? Or just rumors...

My understanding is that isn't substantiated yet...

Are links to evidence? Or are you just repeating a shitty rumor?

Again if he did those things I'm in support of legal system doing the right stuff and charging him and jail time.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if the day comes (and soon) where we will actually see someone promote their movie from jail.

And why compare Miller to Kanye - isn't R. Kelly perhaps a more appropriate comparison?
    I used Kanye because he is someone we know for a fact as a mental illness. He's been open about being bi-polar. If Kanye has engaged in the same type of crimes that Erza did I have no doubt in my mind he would have seen the inside of a jail ceil. Armchair therapists wouldn't come to his defense crying mental illness

So, with him saying sorry his three grooming accuses, theft warrant against him and running from a Restraining order WITH the person the order says to stay away from and child services trying to take kids from you over danger just goes away?

Man, Hollywood stars has it made, don't they?

Knew nothing would come from the cult stuff as Jared Leto has had one for years and no one in Hollywood cares.

If ezra is really sick and needs help than glad he is getting it, but WB should have done something 2 years ago when he slammed the girl live on camera.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 08-16-2022 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/e...es-1235341888/

Looks like WB went with option 1 lol. Told you guys they weren’t dropping Ezra. Redemption tour incoming, Ezra will be part of the marketing tour now I’d bet. Also you guys really need to start linking the articles when you come here with news.
    About time.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree with you that white people are definitely afforded a bit more mercy from law enforcement and the public at large when it comes to mental health issues. However, that's not how it should be, and I don't think the answer is to pretend those issues don't exist and aren't a factor. There are people out there like Kevin Spacey or Jared Leto who I think are just calculated predators that probably belong in jail. Then you have people like Miller or Ye who very clearly have something wrong upstairs and are out of control and I have at least a level of sympathy for people like that. I feel bad for broken people, regardless of race.
    Friend, in theory you're correct: Everyone should be treated with the same understanding, sympathy, grace, and forgiveness that white people are afforded when it comes to situations like this. But the reality is everyone isn't afforded that and never will be. And one of the very dastardly tactics of white supremacy is to urge us to continue regarding white people in this graceful manner on the promise that one day, Black people will be regarded similarly, knowing damn well that that is lie. So I operate from the position that until Black people and others are afforded this right-masquerading-as-a-privilege, I will reserve my mercies for those who will never get it from American society. Any other position would make me a chump and white supremacy winning at yet another scam.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Is any of that 14 year old girl cult stuff proven? Or just rumors...

My understanding is that isn't substantiated yet...

Are links to evidence? Or are you just repeating a shitty rumor?

Again if he did those things I'm in support of legal system doing the right stuff and charging him and jail time.
    Here's the full story:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...leading-a-cult
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Look at Crack vs Opioids with the Language used.

Crack it was a War on Drugs. War involves destroying and winning and if there are casualties oh well.

Opioids it's a epidemic or crisis which means something to helped or fixed.

Whites get treatment Blacks Prison.

If Ezra was African American they'd be in jail. I mean seriously the media is more concerned about using the wrong pronouns then Ezra's alleged crimes.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    About time.
    About time?

Nah, this isn't something you plaster over with a PR aprooved non-apology.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    About time?

Nah, this isn't something you plaster over with a PR aprooved non-apology.
    Well, at least something is happening other than continual reports of how nuts Miller is.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I had seen most of this info. Still comes off he said she said type stuff.

Reminds me of the smear articles against Johnny Depp...

Frankly miller probably is guilty of something... but what it is and to what degree I can't really tell

Personnelly happy to let the legal and health care system address it rather then condem someone who hasn't got any major charges against them and may be suffering from extreme mental health problems

I'm actually diagnosed bipolar.
    Was Diagnosed at 21. Am 37 now.

From 21 to about 30 I was picked up by the police about 15 times and placed In a mental hospital each time. I've spent about 8 months over 10 years in mental wards.

Wasn't until my 30s, quiting partying and drugs, taking up fitness, being in a serious relationship and taking my meds and dialing those meds in. I'm now a successful person.

Own 2 Condos worth over 1 million dollars. My spouse owns a business. We are healthy and successful.

But I came from a very dark and mentally unwell place in my 20s.

So I tend to give people like kanye or miller more grace then maybe they deserve because I know first hand how hard mental illness can be.
    Last edited by Menacer; 08-16-2022 at 04:40 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, at least something is happening other than continual reports of how nuts Miller is.
    It's still nothing happening.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's still nothing happening.
    If he is really in therapy and really trying to deal with it, then something is happening.