View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Facts. If someone like Kanye went on a crime spree no one would hesitate to throw him under the jail.
    Kanye is the absolute worst example of someone’s mental illness not getting them a free pass.

If you google search “Kayne assault” you’ll see reports of multiple incidents dating back to 2014. No jail time served.

As far as Ezra’s cult-like lifestyle, I don't think you’ll find another performer around that has a bigger god complex. Kanye literally compares himself to Jesus has actually said “I am god” and holds Christian services where he is the star of the show.

There’s massive amount of racism in this country goes without saying and white/rich people are given far more leeway in these situations than POCs. I see the point you were trying to make, but Kanye is not a good example.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-16-2022 at 01:23 PM.

Glad Ezra Miller made a public comment and is seeking help. Pretty based of them not gonna lie. Before this whole thing blew up I had a pretty low opinion of Miller, but now, got to admit I'm kind of a fan now. Looking forward to the Flash movie!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Eh, just seems like another boilerplate apology for a quick PR fix.

They clearly have some very serious mental health issues, but considering how Hollywood works, I will believe they are actually putting in the work towards getting help once we see some consistent end results. As in, no more crazy news outbreaks of their latest antics.

Even then, it could mean they are better at hiding it/getting it covered up.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Whites get treatment Blacks Prison.
    Working class white folks are also suffering increased incarceration rates thanks to the opioid crisis. Miller being a wealthy superstar carries more weight even as racial disparities exist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Jared Leto? What did he do?
    Pretty much been an open secret for a long time that he goes after underage fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Friend, in theory you're correct: Everyone should be treated with the same understanding, sympathy, grace, and forgiveness that white people are afforded when it comes to situations like this. But the reality is everyone isn't afforded that and never will be. And one of the very dastardly tactics of white supremacy is to urge us to continue regarding white people in this graceful manner on the promise that one day, Black people will be regarded similarly, knowing damn well that that is lie. So I operate from the position that until Black people and others are afforded this right-masquerading-as-a-privilege, I will reserve my mercies for those who will never get it from American society. Any other position would make me a chump and white supremacy winning at yet another scam.
    If it's wrong to treat people that way, it's wrong. You deciding it's okay to do it to white people because other white people to do it to non-white people isn't exactly enlightened or helping anything. If it's wrong to do, it's wrong to do, period.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Look at Crack vs Opioids with the Language used.

Crack it was a War on Drugs. War involves destroying and winning and if there are casualties oh well.

Opioids it's a epidemic or crisis which means something to helped or fixed.

Whites get treatment Blacks Prison.

If Ezra was African American they'd be in jail. I mean seriously the media is more concerned about using the wrong pronouns then Ezra's alleged crimes.
    Using the wrong pronouns is just a matter or accuracy and treating trans and nonbinary people (all of them, not just Miller) with common respect. I really wish people would stop trying to frame that in a negative light.

As for Miller seeing jail time, the reality is that no major charges have been filed against them. Nobody has been seriously injured. They were arrested for disorderly conduct and petty theft so far. That's it. Nobody they put hands on pressed charges. The Tokata/Gibson thing is complicated because they're 18 now and denying anything inappropriate happened and claiming the parents were abusive. I'm not sure exactly what can be done legally there if the alleged victim is claiming there's no crime. I think there's a decent chance they're guilty, but evidence and testimony is needed to actually make anything stick.

I'm not convinced they won't do jail time eventually depending on what parts of this are true and to what degree, but look how long it took them to get R. Kelly on this kind of **** and that was on tape.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    But it is hard to forgive him for The Mummy.
    That's on Kurtzman. Cruise did what he could. The movie was bad it could have been far worse if not for Cruise.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    If it's wrong to treat people that way, it's wrong. You deciding it's okay to do it to white people because other white people to do it to non-white people isn't exactly enlightened or helping anything. If it's wrong to do, it's wrong to do, period.
    In a perfect world, you’re right. But this ain’t a perfect world. And I’m responding to that intentional imperfection in ways that are safest for me. You have every right not to like it. And I have every right not to care how you feel about it.

Hit me up when things are equitable.
    Last edited by SonOfBaldwin; 08-17-2022 at 05:36 AM.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Pretty much been an open secret for a long time that he goes after underage fans.
    Yo what? Got any stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    That's on Kurtzman. Cruise did what he could. The movie was bad it could have been far worse if not for Cruise.

Oh. Neil Kurtzman? eww.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So, with him saying sorry his three grooming accuses, theft warrant against him and running from a Restraining order WITH the person the order says to stay away from and child services trying to take kids from you over danger just goes away?

Man, Hollywood stars has it made, don't they?

Knew nothing would come from the cult stuff as Jared Leto has had one for years and no one in Hollywood cares.

If ezra is really sick and needs help than glad he is getting it, but WB should have done something 2 years ago when he slammed the girl live on camera.
    Like I'm glad they're attempting to stop but if a normal person like us did any one of the **** they did, we would be in jail or dead. Especially the child stuff.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 08-17-2022 at 06:10 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yo what? Got any stories?

Oh. Neil Kurtzman? eww.

Like I'm glad they're attempting to stop but if a normal person like us did any one of the **** they did, we would be in jail or dead. Especially the child stuff.
    Why do so many believe jail is somehow a good solution??? Are you American? I always assume people who push prison are Americans... or maybe north Korean or something.

Canadas incarceration rate 104 people per 100,000 thousand... one of the safest countries in the world...

Usa incarceration rate has been 4 to 7 times higher.

In September 2013, the incarceration rate of the United States of America was the highest in the world at 716 per 100,000 of the national population; by 2019 it had fallen to 419 in state and federal prisons per 100,000.

There are examples of European countries with even better results as far as rehabilitation and just tossing people in jail is not the solution...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Why do so many believe jail is somehow a good solution??? Are you American? I always assume people who push prison are Americans... or maybe north Korean or something.

Canadas incarceration rate 104 people per 100,000 thousand... one of the safest countries in the world...

In September 2013, the incarceration rate of the United States of America was the highest in the world at 716 per 100,000 of the national population; by 2019 it had fallen to 419 in state and federal prisons per 100,000.

There are examples of European countries with even better results as far as rehabilitation and just tossing people in jail is not the solution...
    The crimes Miller did doesn't warrant apology. It needs consequences.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The crimes Miller did doesn't warrant apology. It needs consequences.
    Multiple child grooming accusations.
    A theft with actual charges filed.
    Two recorded assault incidents.

C'mon.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Multiple child grooming accusations.
    A theft with actual charges filed.
    Two recorded assault incidents.

C'mon.
    Many folks don't care. The apology was the crumb they needed to put their own selfish desires for entertainment above ethical considerations.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    In a perfect world, you’re right. But this ain’t a perfect world. And I’m responding to that intentional imperfection in ways that are safest for me. You have every right not to like it. And I have every right not to care how you feel about it.

Hit me up when things are equitable.
    So I guess being shitty to people is ok because racism exists? Nice rationalizing.