View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I don't remember Tom Cruise going on a crime spree but okay.
    That's fair game.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

The statement reads like something you'd say at gunpoint. Welp, looks like the movie is back on. Make of that what you will.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Facts. If someone like Kanye went on a crime spree no one would hesitate to throw him under the jail.
    Kanye has a long history of being pretty crazy
    Never went to jail.

Threatened Kim and Pete Davidson and never went to jail.

Ezras long history is not made up of combative behavior.

I'd say it's only the last year or two these recent stories have come up.

And besides all that no matter who the person is. JAIL as the the answer seems to be a very American narrow minded solution.

Most of the civilized world believes in helping people. Not throwing them under the bus.

There are a lot of blood thirsty posters here.

We don't even know what Ezra has officially done yet. A lot of unsubstantiated rumors.

Seems like he broke into someone's place and verbally threatened people...

What do we 100% know he actually did?

Let's figure that out first then let's have the legal system determine a punishment. Rehab, probation, or if the crimes justified. Jail.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The statement reads like something you'd say at gunpoint. Welp, looks like the movie is back on. Make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Never went to jail.

And besides all that no matter who the person is. JAIL as the the answer seems to be a very American narrow minded solution.

Most of the civilized world believes in helping people. Not throwing them under the bus.

We don't even know what Ezra has officially done yet. A lot of unsubstantiated rumors.

Let's figure that out first then let's have the legal system determine a punishment. Rehab, probation, or if the crimes justified. Jail.
    West threatening Davidson is also fairly recent and doesn't make up the majority of his history either. Miller had video evidence of them assaulting someone back in 2020, was arrested again for assaulting someone this year, and is now accused of grooming a minor since 2016. These are much more severe than anything West has done, and West's crap shouldn't be excused either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Mental health issues as an excuse for bad behavior only works for a particular racial demographic in this country. Therefore, I find it suspect. And I’m highly skeptical.
    I don't view it as an excuse, merely an explanation. And an indication that he might need some intervention. Probably won't work, but it's nice to try.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I don't remember Tom Cruise going on a crime spree but okay.
    But it is hard to forgive him for The Mummy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Never went to jail.

Yeah, but Kanye never took on a 14-year old as personal cult member either, while being physically violent towards other people at the same time. Apples? Meet Oranges. Attempting to use comparisons is a way to absolve or ignore personal responsibility, simply because of a personal bias. But I am glad that Ezra Miller is finally getting the help he needs, no matter how this whole thing turns out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Facts. If someone like Kanye went on a crime spree no one would hesitate to throw him under the jail.
    Maybe some people wouldn't, but Kanye very clearly has mental health problems, too. It doesn't excuse them for being a douche, but I feel sympathy for Kanye, too.

I don't say Ezra Miller has mental health issues as an excuse, but it seems to be pretty obviously unhinged, bizarre behavior. It's abusive and creepy, but it's also just frigging weird.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    "Remember when you groomed a teenager and started an Icelandic cult? That was me, Barry! That was me!"
    Assassinate Putin!

When all else fails, lean on “mental health issues” for sympathy and to avoid accountability. And also to keep the studio from having to tank a $300 million dollar movie. PR 101.
    Miller: The reason for my unhinged actions was that I was unhinged
    You: I find that HIGHLY suspect

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I don't view it as an excuse, merely an explanation. And an indication that he might need some intervention. Probably won't work, but it's nice to try.
    My point here was that whether as an excuse or as an "explanation," it's generally only afforded to a certain racial demographic in this country. Others would have just been shot in the back by now.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Miller's PR team: Just use mental illness to garner sympathy and avoid accountability. It'll work, especially for people who still want to see the movie despite whatever you've done and need something to deflect criticism. Try to stay out of trouble until after the movie does numbers at the box office. After that, we don't give a bleep what you do.

Me: That sounds like America.
    Last edited by SonOfBaldwin; 08-16-2022 at 07:57 AM.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Astonishing Member

My point here was that whether as an excuse or as an "explanation," it's generally only afforded to a certain racial demographic in this country. Others would have just been shot in the back by now.
    I don't necessarily disagree with you that white people are definitely afforded a bit more mercy from law enforcement and the public at large when it comes to mental health issues. However, that's not how it should be, and I don't think the answer is to pretend those issues don't exist and aren't a factor. There are people out there like Kevin Spacey or Jared Leto who I think are just calculated predators that probably belong in jail. Then you have people like Miller or Ye who very clearly have something wrong upstairs and are out of control and I have at least a level of sympathy for people like that. I feel bad for broken people, regardless of race.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    This a PR move pure and simple. It's a accountability dodge. Erza can't promote the movie or be around for reshoots if their locked up