View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 34 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    So some things are turning out to be false.

https://cabanadoleitor.com.br/ezra-m...-vida-diz-mae/

Why won’t the police find him so everything can he set straight
    Is there an English version of this?
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Is there an English version of this?
    Translations here

https://twitter.com/flashmovieleaks/...5eceWizUT9LFxw

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    He didn't look like traditional Barry but as you said, I think Barry's character traits were there. He was a socially awkward comic book nerd interested in science and forensics. I just think Ezra's performance sometimes went too far with the adorkable comedy, but that was probably more on the director.
    Conceptually it fits...execution-wise I think their Barry comes off more like Bart.

Why won’t the police find him so everything can he set straight
    They can't find him. He is in another universe remember.

But for real yes he needs to give himself up and get help but from what we heard wb tried to get him help and he refused before!
    Last edited by Gaastra; 06-26-2022 at 07:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

He didn't look like traditional Barry but as you said, I think Barry's character traits were there. He was a socially awkward comic book nerd interested in science and forensics. I just think Ezra's performance sometimes went too far with the adorkable comedy, but that was probably more on the director.
    Totally agree.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Conceptually it fits...execution-wise I think their Barry comes off more like Bart.
    I think there's Bart ish aspects, but movie Barry is still awkward and dweeby, whereas Bart was a lot more brash and hyperactive. I still feel like he's more Barry than anyone else.

Showcase Barry’s crew cut, bow tie, and pile of comic books was 1950s nerdy. Ezra’s Barry was modern day “nerdy” but that’s considered cute and even cool nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I think there's Bart ish aspects, but movie Barry is still awkward and dweeby, whereas Bart was a lot more brash and hyperactive. I still feel like he's more Barry than anyone else.
    I think he's a little manic and hyper in that vein, just with the awkwardness dialed up. But he also felt like a kid playing The Flash.

Time to get back on topic, Ezra Miller seems like a troubled individual who needs help and whether things escalate any further or not, seems clearly unfit to keep playing this role both from a personal and marketing perspective. As I stated before, WB should just bite the bullet, release the film in theaters with some form of limited press tour and hope it ends up making at least some money, and after this whole ordeal is over simply recast the role.

Retired

I think they wanted to have a young actor to balance out the ages of those in the Justice League--never mind that they already had a young actor playing Victor Stone. But that was in 2016 when Ezra Miller was 24--they're now 29 going on 30.

If they want a Wally type, they should cast a new younger actor. And if they want a Barry type, they should cast an A list leading man--Chris Evans, Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, Ryan Gosling, Brad Pitt, Charlie Hunnam, Alexander Skarsgård.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think they wanted to have a young actor to balance out the ages of those in the Justice League--never mind that they already had a young actor playing Victor Stone. But that was in 2016 when Ezra Miller was 24--they're now 29 going on 30.

If they want a Wally type, they should cast a new younger actor. And if they want a Barry type, they should cast an A list leading man--Chris Evans, Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, Ryan Gosling, Brad Pitt, Charlie Hunnam, Alexander Skarsgård.
    Just have Shazam join the movie Justice League.

Astonishing Member

Showcase Barry’s crew cut, bow tie, and pile of comic books was 1950s nerdy. Ezra’s Barry was modern day “nerdy” but that’s considered cute and even cool nowadays.
    I guess in a sense it's considered cute, but he definitely didn't come across as "cool" and nobody in the movie treated him as such. Obviously, characters evolve and adapt with the times and a dorky guy that loves superheroes is going to manifest somewhat differently in the modern day.

Okay, listen up as there have been a lot of deleted posts.

1. Discussion of pronounds is not appropriate in this thread/forum

2. Respect of pronouns, however, is part of civil discourse which *is* required in these forums.

3. That includes the pronouns of forum members as well as of people who are not a part of these boards who have specified their personal pronouns. This is about respect for a community and not just an individual.

Gaelforce
    Supermoderator
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Time to get back on topic, Ezra Miller seems like a troubled individual who needs help and whether things escalate any further or not, seems clearly unfit to keep playing this role both from a personal and marketing perspective. As I stated before, WB should just bite the bullet, release the film in theaters with some form of limited press tour and hope it ends up making at least some money, and after this whole ordeal is over simply recast the role.
    I dunno. Seems like the last three accusations against Ezra a kind of falling apart given that a couple of them have been dispelled by actual family members and another was said to have been paid to make accusations against Miller. This doesn't mean Miller isn't problematic, but I'm thinking WB has remained silent because they know more than what's being revealed.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I dunno. Seems like the last three accusations against Ezra a kind of falling apart given that a couple of them have been dispelled by actual family members and another was said to have been paid to make accusations against Miller. This doesn't mean Miller isn't problematic, but I'm thinking WB has remained silent because they know more than what's being revealed.
    I think WB's just playing it smart by staying silent while the situation is still unfolding.