View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’d just wrap Maoma and Gadot’s trilogies up and reboot, but they’ll probably keep Ezra and hope this all blows over by the time the Flash comes out
    This is what is most likely going to happen, but there’s only so much they can take before Ezra Miller does something worse, and there’s no telling what he’ll do next. He’s threaten to kill people so what if he actually does? It’s kind of hard to predict how low this guy will sink next. I think WB should at least have some contingency plans in the scenario Ezra Miller does something so heinous that he’s essentially PR poison.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 04-21-2022 at 09:54 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It seems aquaman is in a similar situation. My hope is she gets pregnant and dies in child birth. Introduce the other xbelian family of royalty who have the exclusive ability to command water
    Killing Mera in unnecessary. They can just edit her to have a minor role in the film then recast for the next movie. Dammit man it’s always something that’s going wrong with DC.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Retired

Do they take out insurance for this kind of thing?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Naw, they're just going to give her more fight scenes
    Oop then we get another Harry Potter situation
    Discovery is in charge now so let’s see what they do

They just need put a new actor into the ending he he’s Barry but not the Barry we knew yet is the Barry we knew. Very minimal
    Eh, I hope not. Feels less like a solution and more like a really lame, tacky in-joke in possibly poor taste. Nothing wrong with just recasting after the movie and not needing to explain why Flash looks different now. Worked for the Hulk.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Killing Mera in unnecessary. They can just edit her to have a minor role in the film then recast for the next movie. Dammit man it’s always something that’s going wrong with DC.
    Nah I think killing her is the best option
    Lol if aquaman 2 was still after the flash they could just blame it on the speed force warp and switch actresses in the middle

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, I hope not. Feels less like a solution and more like a really lame, tacky in-joke in possibly poor taste. Nothing wrong with just recasting after the movie and not needing to explain why Flash looks different now. Worked for the Hulk.
    I’m 2005 before Twitter before fan spent every second anylyzing every scrap of footage

The Hulk recast was in 2012. War Machine was in 2010. Imma be honest. As much as I think they should just kill him and use Wally, I really don't think anyone is gonna be freaking out if they just recast Barry and Mera and don't provide an in-universe explanation. Certain terminally online fans who spend way too much time obsessing over **** that doesn't matter, sure, but I really doubt your average person would boycott the next Flash movie because WB doesn't explain why the Flash's face looks different now.

Nah I think killing her is the best option
    Lol if aquaman 2 was still after the flash they could just blame it on the speed force warp and switch actresses in the middle
    Nah, no reason to kill the character. Just recast.
    I’m 2005 before Twitter before fan spent every second anylyzing every scrap of footage
    Like Hollywood or anyone else cares about what fans do on Twitter. Unless one of their stars post something racist or sexist or homophobic, they don't care. Let the crazies over analyze everything.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Another MCU example of recasting you could point was when they recast Rhodey after Iron Man 1. No one blinked when Terrence Howard was recast with Don Cheadle. He was just a darker(if you know what I mean).

- Charles Schultz.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Killed off Barry and bring in Wally.

Amazing Member

The DCEU is really cursed at this point. I was gonna say just reboot everything but there's so much stuff already in development.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Urge View Post
    The DCEU is really cursed at this point. I was gonna say just reboot everything but there's so much stuff already in development.
    They kind of are rebooting things already with the Flash film, aren’t they? It would be a page one hard reboot that restarts the movies from scratch because things from the Snyder-Verse will remain like some elements and movies but Flash is kind of a restart of the universe.

- Charles Schultz.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    They kind of are rebooting things already with the Flash film, aren’t they? It would be a page one hard reboot that restarts the movies from scratch because things from the Snyder-Verse will remain like some elements and movies but Flash is kind of a restart of the universe.
    That's being called into question now. Before Ezra legal troubles became an issue the film was getting overhauled to stop that reboot from happening. Rumor was it planned on doing that by eliminating Cavil's Superman and Afflick's Batman. With the recent announcement of Discovery wanting to revitalize Superman having him get erased is a big no no.

Isn't that how they reacted to him choking a woman?
    It seems aquaman is in a similar situation. My hope is she gets pregnant and dies in child birth. Introduce the other xbelian family of royalty who have the exclusive ability to command water
    Wow, that's really dark. And I say this knowing Mera actually has a twin sister.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The Hulk recast was in 2012. War Machine was in 2010. Imma be honest. As much as I think they should just kill him and use Wally, I really don't think anyone is gonna be freaking out if they just recast Barry and Mera and don't provide an in-universe explanation. Certain terminally online fans who spend way too much time obsessing over **** that doesn't matter, sure, but I really doubt your average person would boycott the next Flash movie because WB doesn't explain why the Flash's face looks different now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Killed off Barry and bring in Wally.
    Like I said before, I think they would have to drastically re-structure (or re-shoot I guess) this movie to make setting up Wally work and make sense in the context of the movie's narrative.

Now I guess they could immediately do that with a sequel but it would still probably be really clunky.