View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    People who know the woman have reported that her accusations are false. Also, remember that Miller was accused of kidnapping a child, who turned out to be 18 and came forward and said she had not been kidnapped; that she and Ezra were working through the loss of a friend.
    Now, a guy who allegedly beat his wife is saying Ezra is keeping his children in a dangerous situation, just as he, himself, did before the woman fled with her kids.

All these accusations are coming from people who are a bit suspect themselves.
    I think the kidnap victim being 18 was known since the beginning, the issue is that they were not 18 when Miller allegedly began their relationship. It doesn't stop being grooming when the victim turns 18.

The accusations can have merit while also being from people who are themselves sketchy. If Miller is guilty, it just means they know how to pick their targets, people with bad situations and lack of support who are vulnerable. If Miller really has a cult like persona, that's generally how cult leaders operate.

Extraordinary Member

They just need to dump this thing onto HBOMax and eat the cost. Not all the nerds in the world can make this movie a success at this point.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

They never cared about the nerds, they care about everyone else and their hope is to turn some kind of profit in spite of it all. No way is Zaslav dumping this onto HBO Max.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    They never cared about the nerds, they care about everyone else and their hope is to turn some kind of profit in spite of it all. No way is Zaslav dumping this onto HBO Max.
    I honestly don't see them being able to turn a profit at all from this after everything that's happened, quite frankly. There's no way the controversy of Ezra isn't going to be the focal point of everything anyone says about this movie. Critics, nerds, normies...Everyone's thoughts about this movie is going to be "isn't that that movie about that trainwreck of an actor?" The fact that it's also a DC movie is going to be absolutely incidental.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I honestly don't see them being able to turn a profit at all from this after everything that's happened, quite frankly. There's no way the controversy of Ezra isn't going to be the focal point of everything anyone says about this movie. Critics, nerds, normies...Everyone's thoughts about this movie is going to be "isn't that that movie about that trainwreck of an actor?" The fact that it's also a DC movie is going to be absolutely incidental.
    What are you talking about, people LOVE trainwrecks. And people love redemption, there is more than enough time for redemption to happen.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    What are you talking about, people LOVE trainwrecks. And people love redemption, there is more than enough time for redemption to happen.
    So is that why Amber Heard was taken out of Aquaman?

So is that why Amber Heard was taken out of Aquaman?
    No, she was taken out because her character sucks.

They just need to dump this thing onto HBOMax and eat the cost. Not all the nerds in the world can make this movie a success at this point.
    Nerds are the only ones even paying attention to the Ezra debacle. Most people likely to watch this have no clue what is going on yet.

Extraordinary Member

No, she was taken out because her character sucks.
    Okay, let's pretend that it was a coincidence that she was taken out of the movie right after the verdict in her case was called.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Nerds are the only ones even paying attention to the Ezra debacle. Most people likely to watch this have no clue what is going on yet.
    You think? It's even been covered in Rolling Stone, a decidedly non-nerdy publication.

You think? It's even been covered in Rolling Stone, a decidedly non-nerdy publication.
    It''s 2022, not 1982....

Okay, let's pretend that it was a coincidence that she was taken out of the movie right after the verdict in her case was called.

Yeah I still think. Rolling Stone is mainstream for a rag, but it's still largely print media with some internet space. Like, it shows that people are becoming more aware, but most are still unaware. Like it's not blowing up like Heard vs Depp did. It might, but it's still fringe of mainstream instead of mainstream. Like it's a thing, not the thing. And people have short attention spans and memories, so unless it explodes like the Heard and Depp court stuff, people will forget, those who ever knew at all.

Mind you that with Ezra being batshit crazy it could still explode. ****, they're so crazy that it could actually explode, like a literal explosion - he's got enough gun powder to make a big boom.

Extraordinary Member

It''s 2022, not 1982....
    Someone was saying only nerds have been keeping up with this. Rolling Stone isn't exactly CBR.

Someone was saying only nerds have been keeping up with this. Rolling Stone isn't exactly CBR.
    CBR might actually be bigger...

Extraordinary Member

Mind you that with Ezra being batshit crazy it could still explode. ****, they're so crazy that it could actually explode, like a literal explosion - he's got enough gun powder to make a big boom.
    I mean, I don't see it getting better. But then again, if we've learned anything throughout the years, DC does not know how to cut their losses. They will stubbornly walk off a cliff before they realized the edge of it was 20 feet behind them.

Extraordinary Member

CBR might actually be bigger...
    Yeah, I don't see it. Most of my friends aren't nerds and they have no idea what CBR is.