View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 32 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    They need to come out and speak for the defense. Running isn't what innocent people do.
    Would a "Run, Barry, Run" joke be inappropriate here?

But anyway, at this point I think recasting might be their only option - I don't think this story is going to get better. Bite the bullet on reshooting most of his scenes, cut the ones you can and as others have said, lean on BatKeaton and Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    no one seems to be concerned about Ezra Miller HIMSELF
    Yeah, i'm awfully concerned about that dude i don't know and who has commited all types of really shitty things.

I can barely sleep.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

But anyway, at this point I think recasting might be their only option - I don't think this story is going to get better. Bite the bullet on reshooting most of his scenes, cut the ones you can and as others have said, lean on BatKeaton and Supergirl.
    That's basically reshooting the whole movie. Potentially worse than not releasing it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    That's basically reshooting the whole movie. Potentially worse than not releasing it at all.
    You'd just be replacing the actor though, not having to reshoot everything or rebuild all the sets, etc. I don't know if the technology is quite up to it yet, but if he's surrounded by lightning or a blurred effect for a lot of it...

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

You'd just be replacing the actor though, not having to reshoot everything or rebuild all the sets, etc. I don't know if the technology is quite up to it yet, but if he's surrounded by lightning or a blurred effect for a lot of it...
    The lead is going to be in at least 80% of the shots, in and out of costume. Not to mention the fact there are multiple versions of him in the story. It's not feasible.

I think the only practical thing would be reshooting the ending with a new actor after they've redone Flashpoint.

I posted this in another thread but want to remind people that misgendering someone just because you don't agree with their actions is still transphobic
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The wife being caught between two shitty scenarios is also a possibility.

Like...husband can be abusive and she needs to escape, but going to a place with assault rifles allegedly lying around is hardly ideal either.
    It's not uncommon for shitty people to find people in shitty situations to take advantage of their desperation

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If the money has been spent and products made-nothing can be done.

We don't know how far in advance some stuff has been made.

Like action figures. What do you do with them? Toss them in other toy lines?

Same with posters. Especially those that have been purchased for bus lines and billboards. You can scrap them but those spots have been paid for something from DC or WB to be there.

As for tv ads.... a lot of times those ads are purchased around this time of year for the new tv season. So you could get away with not spending money and just do ads for WB related networks.

So while Fox could not bother with ads. Cartoon Network being owned by WB-would slip those ads in.
    This is at least half the sunk cost fallacy. The amount of money they've already spent should not influence their decision making, only the amount that they need to spend to make any correction.

That being said, to scrap this film still requires there to be some reason it benefits them not to release the film. For all of Ezra's erratic behavior and even taking the worst possible interpretation of everything they've done, WB still makes more money releasing this film vs shelving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    The kidnapping claim extends from the fact that Ezra's friends helped her leave the school. Additionally Ezra also helped the mother break her custody law by transporting her kids over State lines.

Add to this Ezra was having sex with Tokata before she became 18, as her aunt found them in the act.

Additionally Ezra made an 11 year old child feel uncomfortable and touched hips with them against their desire. Too many people want yo close their eyes to all of this. And no the latter parts with the added info are not directed at your post.
    Still seems like not kidnapping in the Tokata case, while the mother thing feels more like a technicality.
    The other stuff is again what I've been most concerned about. This is the first I'm hearing that he was caught having sex with Tokata while she was underaged, but it's sadly not surprising considering that he had tried to sleep in her bed before. I also already heard about touching the hips of the 11 year-old, which is just so, so wrong.
    He may have mental health problems, but he's also clearly a predator. The kidnapping charge I don't take seriously, but the pedophilia I sadly do take very seriously. He needs to be registered as a sex offender and sent to prison for a long time if that charge is true, and I very much expect it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Who was a child when he started. That does make it a child case. Plus he is accused of culting and from the reports growing and smoking cannabis unlicensed. If he is culting girls of course they will talk nice about him. Also don't forget chock slamming a woman, hitting two woman with chairs breaking ones head open, stealing cards and things and threating to kill them and burn their house down, pulling a gun on people over a board game.

If he's innocent then great but running from police and mocking them online saying "you can't catch me I'm in another universe" is not helping his case.

I'm worried he and others around him are going to get hurt or worse yet. He needs to be caught and got help.
    Like I said, the grooming charge is the one that I'm worried about in the Tokata case. I still don't think it counts as kidnapping as she's an adult who left with him willingly, that's just where I'm at. But grooming her when she was a minor is something that I can't overlook. That's just evil to an unconscionable degree.
    I've also never argued that he's not a violent sociopath, but outside of illustrating what we already know, it doesn't have much weight to the legal aspect - didn't charges get dropped or whatever? They don't have a warrant out for that. I'm not defending Ezra by any stretch, he's a violent nutter and most likely a child sex offender. It's just the charge of kidnapping that colors me skeptical.

They literally can't do that - they need to try to recoup some money as is, reshooting not only makes it certain that they'll lose any chance at making a profit, but it'll ensure heavy financial losses on this film. They'd sooner scrap the movie than reshoot it, they'd lose far less money scrapping it than reshooting it, and that's a fact. And as others explained, they can't scrap it either because they've sunk too much money into it and have already filmed at least one other movie spinning out of it. For better or worse they have to release the film, and they can't reshoot Miller out.

He is the main character. He is also a supporting character. He's also the villain. There's probably less than 10 minutes that doesn't have him in it, and many scenes with two or three of him in it. They just can't afford to reshoot the whole movie, and that's what they would need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the only practical thing would be reshooting the ending with a new actor after they've redone Flashpoint.
    While I agree that it is the only practical reshoot that could be done, it's still not needed. No one who is going to sit this movie out solely because of Ezra is going to show up because they replace him in a groan worthy scene right before credits. They'd literally just be wasting more money to appease a minority of fans. There's no profit motive in such a stunt, it would most likely come off as a stupid scene we'd roll our eyes at (at least me). Like, we don't need it, just recast afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    I posted this in another thread but want to remind people that misgendering someone just because you don't agree with their actions is still transphobic
    I honestly think most of us just forget rather than out of any transphobia.
    Of course in my case the forgetting is especially worse because I just explained that in another thread and then still forgot again posting here.