View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Non-celebrities also reach plea deals all the time. I'm sure WB's money got Ezra a better plea deal than they'd likely get otherwise, but there's nothing overtly sinister about a plea deal

But we already know they're not afraid of scrapping movies they've invested money in. They're positively gleeful about that.
    They scrapped Batgirl, which had a much smaller budget, for tax reasons. They could only do that for a brief window of time. In addition to Flash being vastly more expensive, it's also supposedly very good. Batgirl was made for a streaming release, too. Movies made for theatrical release often have contracts in place with the talent and producers that guarantee a release. I don't know if that's the case here, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    WB has apparently pulled Cavill's scenes from the Flash movie, pulled Gal Gadot's scenes from the movie and James Gunn has stated that Miller may have a future in DC movies. They completely blacklisted Johnny Depp for FAR less than what Miller has been accused of and yet they want to keep him. Hollywood elite have been hung out to dry for things Miller has been accused of and far less accounts, yet WB still wants Miller. I am not a fan of the cancel culture that has arisen in the last few years, however I can say for certain I wont be watching the Flash movie. I also will not watch anything he is associated with.
    Same.

Though personally, I'm not watching for two main reasons. Half because they are a douche bag, and half because DC clearly has no idea WTF they're doing, and I hated Flashpoint

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    They scrapped Batgirl, which had a much smaller budget, for tax reasons. They could only do that for a brief window of time. In addition to Flash being vastly more expensive, it's also supposedly very good. Batgirl was made for a streaming release, too. Movies made for theatrical release often have contracts in place with the talent and producers that guarantee a release. I don't know if that's the case here, but I wouldn't be surprised.
    You can always scrap something to decrease your profits and thus your taxes. You just have to believe that the amount of taxes you'll save is greater than the amount of money you'll make.

You'll notice they kept scrapping things that were completed to save money long after that "brief window of time" had passed

BANNED

You can always scrap something to decrease your profits and thus your taxes. You just have to believe that the amount of taxes you'll save is greater than the amount of money you'll make.

You'll notice they kept scrapping things that were completed to save money long after that "brief window of time" had passed
    What completed movies were scrapped besides Batgirl?

What completed movies were scrapped besides Batgirl?
    Scoob Holiday Haunt.

Not movies but Final Space is completely gone (can't even purchase it), as well as a number of other series

Ultimate Member

Scoob Holiday Haunt.

Not movies but Final Space is completely gone (can't even purchase it), as well as a number of other series
    God I miss Final Space

BANNED

Scoob Holiday Haunt.

Cutting animated stuff is a little different than cutting megabudget theatrical releases. Batgirl was cut for a very specific tax write-off, which was widely reported at the time.

Cutting animated stuff is a little different than cutting megabudget theatrical releases. Batgirl was cut for a very specific tax write-off, which was widely reported at the time.
    A loss is a loss. A tax write off is a tax write off. What was "widely reported at the time" has been repeatedly proven false again and again.

Also Batgirl was never a "megabudget theatrical release" so that part also doesn't apply.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I still think this movie will be a clusterf***. I hope I'm wrong, but it just sounds so...... messy.
    No Cavill or Gadot cameos either seems a little harsh considering the whole movie is supposed to highlight alternate versions of characters.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

A loss is a loss. A tax write off is a tax write off. What was "widely reported at the time" has been repeatedly proven false again and again.

Also Batgirl was never a "megabudget theatrical release" so that part also doesn't apply.
    Uh, no it hasn't been proven wrong. They cancelled that movie during a brief window where they could get a tax write-off for it. They gutted the animation stuff for different reasons. None of those reasons apply to the Flash movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I still think this movie will be a clusterf***. I hope I'm wrong, but it just sounds so...... messy.
    No Cavill or Gadot cameos either seems a little harsh considering the whole movie is supposed to highlight alternate versions of characters.
    They cut one of Gadot's scenes, but she's still in it. I agree that cutting Cavill's seems pointless. As for the movie, it's supposedly very good and heartfelt.