View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Some of the juiciest parts (from reddit):

Miller's presence was poorly received by some Icelanders, who said the actor was aggressive and emitted a putrid stench. The actor, who rarely changed out of the same loosely fitting bohemian clothing, strolled the frigid streets of Reykjavík barefoot, revealing long, pointy toenails and what looked like an infected gash on one foot, three people said. One person recalled seeing Miller walking around mumbling.
    For most of their time in Iceland, Miller rented a sprawling, modern Airbnb in Reykjavík's suburb of Kópavogur. They filled the home with a menagerie of Icelandic artists, expats, and spiritual confidants whom they encouraged to stay there, even though many had their own homes in Reykjavík.

One woman who visited the house for a day in March 2020 recalled several mattresses spread out on the floor and compared the house to a "commune." She was struck by how enamored guests seemed to be of Miller, hanging on their every word and seeming unfazed by Miller's mood swings. "I felt like everyone was hypnotized," she said.

Between Miller's makeshift commune, their monologues on spirituality, and their emotional outbursts, rumors began to circulate in Reykjavík that the star was running a cult.

Miller held court daily at the Airbnb. They often alluded to possessing supernatural powers, two people said, and instructed guests to participate in group meditations led by Young Bear. They spoke at length about fate and the importance of social justice for marginalized groups. Many of the people who became involved with Miller said they believed in the issues Miller cared about but Miller often took things too far.

Two people said Miller's celebrity status and power made them hesitant to go against the actor, in part because of Miller's generosity. Miller insisted on paying for the friends' food, lodging, and weed. A musician who recorded with Miller in Iceland said the actor handed him 200,000 króna, roughly equivalent to $1,500, for his birthday. The musician said the more time he spent with Miller, the more he behaved like them and believed in their spiritual powers.

"Nobody ever was kind of allowed to disagree with them," recalled a young woman who said she had a brief sexual relationship with Miller in Iceland when she was 18. "Their reality painted everybody else's reality. There was no room for anybody else's opinion or feelings."

Some guests said they felt frightened during Miller's mood swings.

A 23-year-old woman who visited the house twice said she witnessed Miller fly into a rage when a group of friends tried to pick which song to play over the sound system.

She said Miller swore and screamed at them to leave the house, which the actor referred to as a "sanctuary." "They snapped from being a friendly host to this really angry person," she said. The 23-year-old said Miller wouldn't allow the offending parties to speak or explain themselves.

The woman who visited the house in March said that when she tried to use her phone in Miller's presence, Miller got angry. They "would be like, 'Hey, I'm talking to you! Why are you on your phone?'" she said.

At another point, Miller ushered the woman and her friend into a room and confronted them about wanting to leave the house. "You don't like my hospitality," Miller told them, adding that they could read the pair's minds, the woman said. She remembers feeling intimidated and trapped.

The woman eventually sneaked a text to a family member asking them to pick her up. She said that leaving the house felt like making an escape. "I was a bit traumatized for a while," she said. "It was one of the weirdest days I've ever experienced."
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I swear to God someone at DC wished on a monkeys paw at some point in the last 25 years.
    You know what Zaslav should do? Throw the Flash movie into the bin and create a whole new series for Discovery+, "Around the world with that crazy Ezra Miller dude".
    He would repay the WBD debt in a couple of months.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Some of the juiciest parts (from reddit):
    Yet they cancel Leslie Grace’s movie instead. Wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yet they cancel Leslie Grace’s movie instead. Wtf
    They cancelled Leslie Grace's movie for various reasons, but not because she's a nut case.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    They cancelled Leslie Grace's movie for various reasons, but not because she's a nut case.
    She still deserved better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She still deserved better.
    But you can't compare what happened to the Batgirl movie with what's happening to Ezra Miller because the two situations really have nothing in common.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    You know what Zaslav should do? Throw the Flash movie into the bin and create a whole new series for Discovery+, "Around the world with that crazy Ezra Miller dude".
    He would repay the WBD debt in a couple of months.
    He could travel with a boat named Tugger and they could call it "Fightin' Round the World!"
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So,which was the bigger mistake by DC/WB: the Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern movie or the Jonah Hex movie with Josh Brolin?
    Both are examples of good actors in bad movies. At least Brolin is a good casting choice for Jonah Hex. Reynolds was not a good fit for Hal Jordan.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    He could travel with a boat named Tugger and they could call it "Fightin' Round the World!"
    You got the reference right

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Both are examples of good actors in bad movies. At least Brolin is a good casting choice for Jonah Hex. Reynolds was not a good fit for Hal Jordan.
    I was gonna say: but he was a GREAT Green Lantern!

But then I thought again and realized.. no he wasn't a great Hal Jordan. Maybe as Guy or Kyle, but not Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Thought Reynolds was considered to be one of the only good things in the movie?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I don't think people actively disliked him and he tried his best. But usually I see more people talk about enjoying Mark Strong's Sinestro.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I think he played the part of a Green lantern well, but just didn't feel like he was right for Hal Jordan.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    No, what makes you think there will be a loss?
    People live in a bubble and think that what they hear in their echo chamber is representative of the real world.

I guarantee that at least 90% of the people who go see this movie when it comes out wont know anything about Millar, and those that do, most of them wont care in the slightest.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    People live in a bubble and think that what they hear in their echo chamber is representative of the real world.

I guarantee that at least 90% of the people who go see this movie when it comes out wont know anything about Millar, and those that do, most of them wont care in the slightest.
    I think with social media being the force it is, the movie will definitely take a hit from Miller's behavior. I agree with you that Miller isn't a big enough name for most people to even be aware of the controversy. I bet I could bring up Ezra Miller to anyone in my massive extended family and hardly anybody would even know who I was talking about.

Barry Allen is possibly my favorite superhero of all time and I actually think Miller is a talented actor. The movie is also supposedly quite good and I love Keaton as Batman. On the other hand, I'm really disturbed by all of the creepy and violent behavior, so it's definitely put a damper on my excitement. I'm a pretty forgiving person and I can usually separate the art from the artist, but Miller's **** is pretty extreme and awful, so I'm feeling deeply conflicted about the movie.

It'll be interesting to see how it's received. I can't even imagine.