View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I wonder if the defenders will still cite mental illness with this new crime.
    I don't think it's necessarily defending them to state that their behavior seems like the behavior of a mentally ill person. Somebody who was wandering the streets barefoot with an infected gash on their foot, mumbling to themselves and stinking to high heaven sounds like someone that has a mental illness to me. Someone saying they're Jesus Christ and being convinced the FBI and the KKK are trying to kill them sounds like a mentally ill person.

Stating that crazy behavior is crazy isn't saying it's acceptable. Miller being cast was clearly a disaster and they're committing crimes so obviously it's bad. Its just acknowledging that some kind of mental issue is at play here.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It doesn’t seem like it’s just addiction. Ezra also has some serious mental health issues that are not being addressed. They seem paranoid and have bouts of rage outbursts. not to mention the cult like atmosphere that they try to create. Im no doctor but it sounds like schizophrenia mixed with narcissistic personality disorder.

If it is that situation, they aren’t likely to trust anyone to provide help.

If it’s just going to continue this downward spiral, WBD needs to just release this movie as soon as possible, recast the role, and wash their hands of the situation.
    Alcohol is classified as a drug (at least in the States), and we know Miller has a drinking problem.
    I think if WB cuts ties with Ezra Miller, it won't be pretty.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I don't think it's necessarily defending them to state that their behavior seems like the behavior of a mentally ill person. Somebody who was wandering the streets barefoot with an infected gash on their foot, mumbling to themselves and stinking to high heaven sounds like someone that has a mental illness to me. Someone saying they're Jesus Christ and being convinced the FBI and the KKK are trying to kill them sounds like a mentally ill person.

Stating that crazy behavior is crazy isn't saying it's acceptable. Miller being cast was clearly a disaster and they're committing crimes so obviously it's bad. Its just acknowledging that some kind of mental issue is at play here.
    I'm not convinced Miller has mental illness. The crimes they have committed and things they're accused of are deliberate actions. I think they are deprived not in need of help.

Why is no one talking about the Cult story?

Litterally, everyones just glossing over that. If true, it should be the lead story!

also this interview has aged very well

Last edited by Jabare; 08-09-2022 at 09:36 PM.
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm not convinced Miller has mental illness. The crimes they have committed and things they're accused of are deliberate actions. I think they are deprived not in need of help.
    If you don't see paranoid delusions and wandering around with an infected wound talking to yourself as signs of mental illness, it pretty much just sounds like you want to ignore whatever might make you not hate the person, which you clearly want to so. People like Kevin Spacey, Bryan Singer, Cosby, Harvey Weinstein were calculating and rational. They knew how to hide their bad behavior and lay low. Ezra Miller is self destructing in public and not even trying to save their image or career. Their behavior isn't just horrible, it's fucking weird as hell. I don't get how people DON'T see that.

Extraordinary Member

If you don't see paranoid delusions and wandering around with an infected wound talking to yourself as signs of mental illness, it pretty much just sounds like you want to ignore whatever might make you not hate the person, which you clearly want to so. People like Kevin Spacey, Bryan Singer, Cosby, Harvey Weinstein were calculating and rational. They knew how to hide their bad behavior and lay low. Ezra Miller is self destructing in public and not even trying to save their image or career. Their behavior isn't just horrible, it's fucking weird as hell. I don't get how people DON'T see that.
    When he's in the States, he can be 51-50ed, put on a 72 hour mental evaluation hold if someone is deemed to be a danger to themselves or others, or if they are unable to take care of themselves due to mental illness. While it's not a panacea, it's certainly better than doing nothing. And it's possible that if someone is in the throes of a mental break, they might be held further. I wonder if someone's even attempted that, (it generally is either a medical professional or law enforcement who make that call)?

Incredible Member

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    When he's in the States, he can be 51-50ed, put on a 72 hour mental evaluation hold if someone is deemed to be a danger to themselves or others, or if they are unable to take care of themselves due to mental illness. While it's not a panacea, it's certainly better than doing nothing. And it's possible that if someone is in the throes of a mental break, they might be held further. I wonder if someone's even attempted that, (it generally is either a medical professional or law enforcement who make that call)?
    It's hard to know who in their life has tried what. A lot of what's going on there is vague. Maybe there'll be some true crime show about it later and we'll learn more.

It's hard to know who in their life has tried what. A lot of what's going on there is vague. Maybe there'll be some true crime show about it later and we'll learn more.
    Eitehr way, sounds like there's a lot to learn.

Astonishing Member

Lot of mentally ill people never get the help they needed and sometimes it too late.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Especially Sasha Calle. She didn't sign up for any of this. This was supposed to be her big break.
    Yeah, most of the others (bar Miller obviously) will have their careers move on; but since Calle’s not getting even a perpetually in limbo spin off like Smolett has is grossly unfair to her

Incredible Member

Authorities are trying to locate a mother and her 3 children who had been living at Ezra Miller’s Vermont farm.

They are trying to serve the mother an emergency care order demanding the children’s removal from her care over safety concerns.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...tment-1392572/

This is all just sad. It really is.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Authorities are trying to locate a mother and her 3 children who had been living at Ezra Miller’s Vermont farm.

They are trying to serve the mother an emergency care order demanding the children’s removal from her care over safety concerns.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...tment-1392572/
    Dude...this needs to end before it gets any worse. And it doesn't seem to be going in the opposite direction any time soon.

I can't speak for anyone else, but this movie is toxic for me now. I'd in all likelihood catch it on HBO+ since I'm already paying for that, but there's no force on the planet that can make me pay for this in the theater. I can't help but feel it would send the message to WB that I'd literally be willing to watch any movie they release no matter how the lead behaves IRL or how problematic they are.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Zaslov has to be pulling his hair out right now.
    Assassinate Putin!