View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

How much damage is this guy doing to the Barry Allen character?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Barely any.

His Barry Allen doesn't have a fanbase. Grant Gustin is way more popular and more associated with Barry.

Barry would be fine. Ezra is unlikely to work in Hollywood and will likely be in jail for their antics.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

At this point, I don't care about Barry Allen. I just hope Ezra Miller can either be helped or someone helps him before it's too late.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    At this point, I don't care about Barry Allen. I just hope Ezra Miller can either be helped or someone helps him before it's too late.
    Well, the way he's going, I don't foresee a good ending to all of this. But it won't necessarily happen soon either. One of these days though...

I still say bring in Wally at the rate things are going.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    How much damage is this guy doing to the Barry Allen character?
    Miller himself probably not doing much damage to Barry.

DC will probably kill Barry off again of the film flips badly, but odds are they already plan on that anyway

I think they're more likely to recast at this point.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    The studio offered Miller help. And was turned down. At this point, it's entirely on Miller.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

God I feel sorry for everyone else involved in this film

WBD should just reshoot all of Miller’s scenes. I know it’s going to cost a fortune but if you truly want to protect the DC brand this is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    WBD should just reshoot all of Miller’s scenes. I know it’s going to cost a fortune but if you truly want to protect the DC brand this is the only way.
    Just get the guy that removed Cavill's Moustache. He did a great job with that!

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

If they are in fact pulling a "Flashpoint" with this Flash movie, then all of their problems are solved.

Barry wakes up played by a new actor and meets Superman, Batman, and Cyborg, all of whom are played by different actors as well. Gal and Jason can continue to be WW and Aquaman.

Just like in the comic, no one remembers things being any different.

They can then do JL 2 where they fight Darkseid. Since ZSJL isn't canon they haven't fought him yet.

And for added measure, they can make the movie more "woke" by having Darkseid use "they" as their pronoun.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    God I feel sorry for everyone else involved in this film
    Especially Sasha Calle. She didn't sign up for any of this. This was supposed to be her big break.
    Assassinate Putin!

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The studio offered Miller help. And was turned down. At this point, it's entirely on Miller.
    Pro wrestling star Kurt Angle was the same way. WWE offered him help (but also wanted him to stay full-time) and he declined it. His wife had an affair with his boss (they're married), and he eventually became sober. WWE tried many times with Jeff Hardy, he declined and went to AEW. Not too long after... DUI arrest (third time since 2019). Substance abuse (abuse of any kind) is very hard to break, if you refuse you have a problem (and many do admit it, but they can't stop). I don't know where Ezra Miller is mentally, but he's clearly not at the stage where he wants help, or he's struggling with the life of fame. Then we have cases like Elvis Presley whose addiction was so terrible he was too far gone to get any help.

The phrase "it's entirely on Miller" is very loaded. Some are able to get clean. Others swap out one addiction for another (Jeff Hardy comes to mind, he went from pills to alcohol). Substance abuse isn't one-size-fits-all. Nevertheless, I get it. You can only do so much before you can't help them anymore, you need a devoted and strong-willed person to actually stay by their side.

It doesn’t seem like it’s just addiction. Ezra also has some serious mental health issues that are not being addressed. They seem paranoid and have bouts of rage outbursts. not to mention the cult like atmosphere that they try to create. Im no doctor but it sounds like schizophrenia mixed with narcissistic personality disorder.

If it is that situation, they aren’t likely to trust anyone to provide help.

If it’s just going to continue this downward spiral, WBD needs to just release this movie as soon as possible, recast the role, and wash their hands of the situation.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-09-2022 at 03:57 PM.