View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 63 123451151 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default WB's Ezra Miller problem...

What do you think WB should do about Ezra Miller?

Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU.

Seeing as how the Flash movie is supposedly throwing out Superman anyway, I don't have a problem with this. Even if you want Snyder to come back, he would still have to deal with Miller.

Recast quietly.

I'm pretty sure everyone would understand if they did this. "Oh, look, someone else is playing Flash now. Good, we can move on."

Replace Barry with Wally/someone else.

This would be more tricky given that you would still have to account for what happened to Miller's Barry.

Other.

I don't see Miller getting better without being forced by a court or something. The studio could intervene but even then, it's entirely up to Miller to get help. Having movies coming out doesn't seem to make any difference.
    Assassinate Putin!

I'd say recast the role. I never found him to be a good choice for Barry and the character should not pay the price for the actions of the person who plays him. Miller being a trainwreck is his problem, the Barry Allen character should not suffer for it.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-20-2022 at 09:26 AM.

Replacing him with Wally is the most likely outcome since they're already replacing Batman with Batgirl and Superman with Supergirl.

The movie's given them the perfect out.

Replace with Wally or use TV Barry/the tv cast

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I would let the current DCEU fade out. Let WW, Shazam/Black Adam and Aquaman wrap up, then go again in a few years. I want a more comic-accurate Barry in terms of background, personality, and looks. And I'd love for (OG) Wally to be included as well.

Recasting seems to serve no purpose if the same universe's Batman and Superman aren't in the mix.

Wally wouldn't make sense to introduce without any shared screen time with Barry and it would probably be Wallace. No thank you.

Just make good movies. I don't even care if they're connected into one universe anymore. I just want good DC movies.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Retired

Flashpoint was going to be a way to reboot the movies. I would say the way to reboot the movies is just to reboot the movies--we don't need this extra step. However, the idea of having many actors return from different franchises and opening up the Multiverse was a cool idea (even if the Arrowverse did it first). And the enormous success of SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME showed just how much money they could make from such an idea. But by the time any Flashpoint movie comes out, they will be very late to the party and it won't be as cool as it would have been if it had been done five years ago.

It's sad that Marvel is going to rewrite history as though they were the ones to introduce a comic book multiverse. But the principle of the thing isn't worth the cost. Just draw a line under it and move on with new projects.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Start Flashpoint or The Flash movie with Flashpoint already happened with a new actor for Flash, then through flashback and stock footage, show what happened to Ezra's Flash

Normalize recasting characters. Even main characters. If we can have 8 different Bonds who are (almost) all the same Bond we can have two Barrys

Incredible Member

Recasting after Flashpoint is easy enough, the problem is... What do you do with Flashpoint? Try to remake the movie and get all the actors (and costumes etc) again? Make like nothings happen? Replace at the end of the movie and ask the audience to jsut accept Miller one more time?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I would let the current DCEU fade out. Let WW, Shazam/Black Adam and Aquaman wrap up, then go again in a few years. .
    This is where I'm at. I've never been a big DCEU fan. Batman was too old, they never got Superman right and they forced the JL way too early. Just start over. Or ditch the shared universe model and do stand alone movies. I have no interest in a Superman-less DCEU.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Recasting after Flashpoint is easy enough, the problem is... What do you do with Flashpoint? Try to remake the movie and get all the actors (and costumes etc) again? Make like nothings happen? Replace at the end of the movie and ask the audience to jsut accept Miller one more time?
    This really is the biggest question, with that movie representing a shift in direction for the entire franchise it's hard to say how the franchise should shift again until we know exactly what happens in Flashpoint. It's easy enough to recast the Flash or have Wally pick up the role, but what about the wider universe? If it was just Shazam, WW, and Aquaman I'd say let those franchises run their course and reboot afterwards. Unfortunately, you have projects like Batgirl in the works that'll be dependent on changes from the Flashpoint movie.

Fans are becoming familiar with the idea of multiverses and they understand that movies recast and that DC hasn't been able to replicate Marvel. I would really move forward with a case by case basis. If there's a good script out there for Superman and the director wants Cavill, great - if not, recast and move on. Same with continuity. Every movie is in its own continuity unless the movie tells you it's connected to another movie, then just tell that story. It's like the comics after post-Crisis. Whatever they tell you is in continuity for that particular movie, whatever is relevant to that story is all you need to know. I'd be a lot more fine with that than them bending over backwards, wasting time in a movie to explain or build some shared continuity universe. I don't think you need to make a hard break or something either. Peacemaker can go on presumably in the DCEU and whatever Gunn wants to add, whether it's from the Snyderverse or some aspect of a newer DCEU, that should be fine too. Cast Amell as Green Arrow and let him do whatever in that show and not worry if it's the "same" Green Arrow from the CWverse, etc. Let each film or show do its own thing. I thought that was the plan already? (or has the new ownership decided on something else?)

Was D'Onofrio playing the exact same Kingpin as on "Daredevil?" it's fun to think about, but all that mattered was that he was the Kingpin on "Hawkeye" - as comic book fans we read all sorts of stories with "the same" character, knowing that some stories are in continuity and some are no longer in canon, but we can still focus on the story in front of us and enjoy it.

It's not like they ever needed to explain why the Burton Batman wasn't the same as the Nolan Batman or Snyder's Batman. I voted to recast Miller (it won't be quiet, because that's not how the world works anymore) then see who comes up with a better Flash script moving forward, whether it's the same Flash, or a rebooted Barry or Wally. Don't put the cart before the horse, just leave it open for the best script to get made either way.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-20-2022 at 11:06 AM.

I’d just wrap Maoma and Gadot’s trilogies up and reboot, but they’ll probably keep Ezra and hope this all blows over by the time the Flash comes out
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/