View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Voted for "junk the DCEU."

But I don't want a whole movie about rebooting. That's just stupid, to me. Movies can just stop what they're doing and start over without having to explain anything in-universe.

With Millar, I say just drop him. Now, personally, I don't care what celebrities get up to in their personal lives. They're not role models, I don't hold them to a higher standard than anyone else. And I don't want him dropped because he's being offensive or "letting down Hollywood" or anything, I want him dropped because his legal issues could be problematic for filming schedules, he belongs in jail if he's guilty of all this crap, and he's not such a big audience draw that the pro's of keeping him outweigh the con's. Just let his contract time out, or break it, whatever, he's not worth the expense of keeping.

I say let the successful actors, Gadot, Mamoa, Robbie, Levi, who the hell ever, wrap up their contracts with stand-alone films. Forget about course correcting anything. No new Flash movie (after Flashpoint, of course), no new Superman. Just finish the trilogies that're worth finishing and let the others rest.

Then hire somebody who knows what the f*ck they're doing and let them start from scratch with the characters you need to start from scratch with, primarily Superman.

And I don't need a big shared movie-verse. Just give me quality DC films that're worth watching for a change.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Haha, we all know that DC's solution is going to be to make more Batman movies.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The movie's given them the perfect out.

This was my thought as well. Barry runs into the speed force and never returns.

At this point, with Heard and Miller's troubles in their private and public life. Giving Cavil what he wanted (Iron Man type roll to spring launch other up and coming heroes in their movies) doesn't seem like such a bad idea. There's still time!

People want a Flash though. Snyder's Knightmare armor Flash does give them a route to recast. The suit is a closed helmet. Barry runs into the speed force, a figure returns wearing the same armor and it's either Wally or Bart.

Last edited by Doctor Know; 04-20-2022 at 11:17 AM.

It doesn't really matter to me, but I think the very least is recast him if WB decides to use Barry as the primary Flash. I always thought his Flash character was terrible. And it also seems like he's a terrible person as well. In fact, I think he's the worst one, compared to the other DCEU Leaguers.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly the film can just warp in a new actor over him at the very end and no one needs to treat him different.
    It’s an easy fix, Ezra obviously can promote the films but it’s for the best.

At this point, I wonder if it would almost be worth it to CG Grant Gustin or someone into the Flash movie in place of Ezra.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    This is where I'm at. I've never been a big DCEU fan. Batman was too old, they never got Superman right and they forced the JL way too early. Just start over. Or ditch the shared universe model and do stand alone movies. I have no interest in a Superman-less DCEU.
    Ironically I'm a solid fan of the DCEU, the Snyder trilogy and Wonder Woman mainly, but I was ready for a new chapter with the same cast - most of all a solid Superman movie. It's just clear that with individual cast members falling off left and right, it isn't really feasible. I too am not interested in a Superman-less DCEU that they were rumored to be planning with Flashpoint.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    This was my thought as well. Barry runs into the speed force and never returns.

At this point, with Heard and Miller's troubles in their private and public life. Giving Cavil what he wanted (Iron Man type roll to spring launch other up and coming heroes in their movies) doesn't seem like such a bad idea. There's still time!

People want a Flash though. Snyder's Knightmare armor Flash does give them a route to recast. The suit is a closed helmet. Barry runs into the speed force, a figure returns wearing the same armor and it's either Wally or Bart.

I could see them doing that actually.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Junk the universe after the successful trilogies wrap up, and start afresh.

It's amusing that WB thought the Flashpoint mess was a better investment than just doing a straightforward stand alone Flash movie or doing another Superman movie with Cavill and a new director. Now this thing sounds like a total mess and the star is behaving like a lunatic

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Just cast a new Barry. Film a scene where after Flashpoint, Flash shifts into a new person due to the new merged universe

Just release the Flash movie as Flashpoint on HBOMax. Just get it out of the way.

Then recast and move on with a new actor for Flash. Either Barry or Wally would be fine.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Just recast, as silently as they can. Don't replace Barry with Wally, don't have a little tease in the movie to explain the recast, and no Grant Gustin, he's fine for the CW but he shouldn't be made the film Flash.

Just have Ezra go on an apology tour, release the Flash movie as is, and then a few months later announce that a new actor has been cast as Barry going forward. It's simple because it's what Hollywood has done for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Just recast, as silently as they can. Don't replace Barry with Wally, don't have a little tease in the movie to explain the recast, and no Grant Gustin, he's fine for the CW but he shouldn't be made the film Flash.

Just have Ezra go on an apology tour, release the Flash movie as is, and then a few months later announce that a new actor has been cast as Barry going forward. It's simple because it's what Hollywood has done for years.
    If reshoots are impossible than this is their best bet. I hope Ezra is willing to seek treatment and apologize.

Maybe the studio can edit out some of Ezra’s scenes. I wonder if they could have Michael Keaton do a voiceover and shift the focus even more to his character. Keaton is the biggest drawing point to this movie after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    If reshoots are impossible than this is their best bet. I hope Ezra is willing to seek treatment and apologize.
    I assume the cost of reshooting the whole movie makes it impossible. Remember, not only is he the main character, but he's playing three different versions of the Flash to boot. Trying to reshoot three roles including the main would double the cost more or less, and people tend to not go in droves to see movies with this much controversy surrounding it. Basically we already might be looking at a flop as is, so reshooting it would be wasting money. Don't dig the hole deeper.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

That could be a cost-effective way to alter the existing movie and remove most of Miller from the pic. Dub in a different actor's voice and have the Flash's face covered throughout the movie until the very end when the new timeline Flash emerges and it's Michael J. Fox or Eric Stoltz or Grant Gustin or Kyle Gallner or John Wesley Shipp.