View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Oh hey one last little fucked up tidbit: apparently Miller was in a band and they held a concert for minors only, in fact mandating that anyone of legal adulthood had to bring a minor to attend their concert?

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I go away for 2 weeks, come back and learn that Ezra Miller has literally transformed from the Flash to Reverse Flash. It’s hilarious, because the Flashpoint movie was meant to remove and reset Batman and Superman. But it turns out Flash will be getting flashpointed as well.

What are the odds that this Flash movie even comes out now? It’s already been delayed to 2023. Missing it’s 2022 release date.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 06-17-2022 at 10:47 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I go away for 2 weeks, come back and learn that Ezra Miller has literally transformed from the Flash to Reverse Flash. It’s hilarious, because the Flashpoint movie was meant to remove and reset Batman and Superman. But it turns out Flash will be getting flashpointed as well.

What are the odds that this Flash movie even comes out now? It’s already been delayed to 2023. Missing it’s 2022 release date.
    Legally they pretty much have to, seeing as there's usually legally binding contracts for this stuff or they'll get sued on top of losing all chances of making any money back. The Deadline article said Miller is already history and they're basically just trying to minimize the bad publicity until the movie is out. It's looking like it's going to come out earlier than expected, too, since apparently the VFX are finished.

Honestly, I don't think the other people that made the movie should have to pay for Ezra Miller's mistakes. And they definitely shouldn't be screwed out of money they would get from the box office (as stars of Keaton's caliber often have in their contacts).

This movie is almost certainly coming out. I just hope the character of Barry Allen and the Flash franchise isn't abandoned because of this maniac.

BANNED

Putting all moral considerations aside, since I know that's where most of you begin and end... I think it's nuts to suggest refilming the role for the finished film a la Kevin Spacey, sorry. While I know it may be hard to accept outside of comic news circles, most of the general public probably couldn't care less about all this. The latest thing with the protective order is so hard to understand, with multiple people using they/them pronouns, and is really based on hearsay from the parents, that it doesn't make for a mainstream news bite in the way "Kevin Spacey assaults multiple minors." I doubt most normal people who don't read online news sources even really know who Miller is, they just kind of recognize him from Justice League.

Should he be recast moving forward in the future? Sure. Will WB refilm what's already been shot? I don't know, it's the exact kind of overreaction they have (give Superman a bad CGI lip instead of delaying the film or *forcing Cavill to just shave* since Paramount is such a non entity) so it'll probably happen if enough people give them grief. But it'll undoubtedly make the whole situation worse and draw more attention to it, lead to a terrible box office disaster, and I truly think just releasing it as is will be the path of the best outcome. I'm not trying to criticize people who really think this is a big deal that needs to be addressed on a moral level, but it's worth pointing out that the right moral decision does not and should not always translate into an outcome that's best overall for the most parties. It's WB's fault for waiting as long as they did, but I'm sorry to say I'd rather just see the completed movie than some terrible reshot mess with Grant Gustin, and it doesn't make me a monster for feeling this way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil1 View Post
    Putting all moral considerations aside, since I know that's where most of you begin and end... I think it's nuts to suggest refilming the role for the finished film a la Kevin Spacey, sorry. While I know it may be hard to accept outside of comic news circles, most of the general public probably couldn't care less about all this. The latest thing with the protective order is so hard to understand, with multiple people using they/them pronouns, and is really based on hearsay from the parents, that it doesn't make for a mainstream news bite in the way "Kevin Spacey assaults multiple minors." I doubt most normal people who don't read online news sources even really know who Miller is, they just kind of recognize him from Justice League.

Should he be recast moving forward in the future? Sure. Will WB refilm what's already been shot? I don't know, it's the exact kind of overreaction they have (give Superman a bad CGI lip instead of delaying the film or *forcing Cavill to just shave* since Paramount is such a non entity) so it'll probably happen if enough people give them grief. But it'll undoubtedly make the whole situation worse and draw more attention to it, lead to a terrible box office disaster, and I truly think just releasing it as is will be the path of the best outcome. I'm not trying to criticize people who really think this is a big deal that needs to be addressed on a moral level, but it's worth pointing out that the right moral decision does not and should not always translate into an outcome that's best overall for the most parties. It's WB's fault for waiting as long as they did, but I'm sorry to say I'd rather just see the completed movie than some terrible reshot mess with Grant Gustin, and it doesn't make me a monster for feeling this way.
    Nah, you're right. A lot of people worked on the movie and they shouldn't be screwed over because of Miller and butchering the movie with some terrible CGI insert isn't really a great solution either. Miller is horrible and word is WB has already decided to get rid of them, but they might as well release the movie as is. There's no really good solution here, you know?

I am more than supportive of a recast and I am thoroughly creeped out and upset by Ezra's behavior, but there's nothing that can really be done about it in regards to this film.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Andy Muschietti’s variant cover for THE FLASH: The Fastest Man Alive issue 1 ( comic tie-in)
    Attachment 121956

This is one of the worst variant covers I have ever seen and to think DC released it at a very bad time when Ezra's disturbing behavior is coming to light.
    I’ve just realized this was drawn by the movie’s director

What a clusterfuck. I sometimes wonder what DC editors have in their heads.

And deadline just posted the story.

So from this wb did try to get ezra help but it didn't work. Also ezra is already fired as flash from this story.

Deadline has heard the studio has tried getting help for Miller, but the troubling headlines continue to pile up. Could you send a potential liability on a global publicity tour and have the actor anchor a huge studio franchise play?

Zaslav has several choices and he will make one of them soon. Among them: He can pull back on heavily promoting the summer 2023 film, confining it to some P&A and no publicity tour. Or he can relegate it to streaming with HBO Max and take a write-down. Or lean in toward making the movie a hit and then drop Miller if they can’t straighten things out. Warner Bros did that when it dropped Johnny Depp from the Grindelwald character in the Fantastic Beasts franchise, after the actor’s well-publicized, unsuccessful UK lawsuit; the studio replaced Depp with Mads Mikkelsen.

“There is no winning in this for Warner Bros,” one studio source tells us. “This is an inherited problem for Zaslav. The hope is that the scandal will remain at a low level before the movie is released, and hope for the best to turn out.” In Zaslav’s plan to make DC an explosively successful division like Marvel under his newly structured studio, with its own new boss, the non-binary identifying Miller, we hear, is simply not a part of those plans going forward in the future universe regardless if there are more allegations or not.

The newest round of unflattering headlines came twice in the last two weeks for the 29-year old Miller. The Daily Beast reported that there was a temporary harassment prevention order this week from a 12-year old and a mother in Greenfield, MA against the actor after Miller allegedly menaced the family and acted inappropriately toward the nonbinary child.
    https://deadline.com/2022/06/ezra-mi...av-1235048001/

So it hit deadline.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 06-18-2022 at 04:00 AM.

Astonishing Member

I already posted the Deadline article on the last page, lol, and yeah it’s clear Miller is finished in the role, but WB’s supposed strategy of just playing wait and see might backfire on them if the severity of the next allegations escalates even more. The more worse the allegations, the worse WB continues to look by remaining silence especially when their star is facing very serious allegations of grooming. This is a PR nightmare, and it’s only a matter of time before we hear of yet another troubling Ezra Miller incident. At this point, I don’t even care about the movie I just want Ezra to get help, and everyone to be safe.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 06-18-2022 at 04:12 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Good. That’s just the very definition of bad timing.

I’m low key starting to think DC movies might be cursed.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 06-18-2022 at 04:21 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’m low key starting to think dc movies might be cursed.
    Starting to? I’ve been thinking this for a long time.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 06-18-2022 at 05:52 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Entirely tertiary or further to everything else going on; but I’m guess that even if they do get the film out, it’s almost certain to flop and with the CW show coming to an end next season anyway; DC will probably keep Barry dead after Dark Crisis to put whatever distance they can

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Entirely tertiary or further to everything else going on; but I’m guess that even if they do get the film out, it’s almost certain to flop and with the CW show coming to an end next season anyway; DC will probably keep Barry dead after Dark Crisis to put whatever distance they can
    I don't think this makes Barry's character toxic.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    And deadline just posted the story.

So from this wb did try to get ezra help but it didn't work. Also ezra is already fired as flash from this story.

https://deadline.com/2022/06/ezra-mi...av-1235048001/

So it hit deadline.
    Flash hasn't even gone through any potential reshoots yet, I wonder how that'll work if they don't recast Ezra.