View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm not so sure this will make all that much money now. Especially if the situation gets worse. Miller is already on the run from the cops. This could very well end with an armed stand off since apparently Miller is also partial to guns. I don't see a happy ending here no matter how it ends.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-18-2022 at 10:18 AM.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think this makes Barry's character toxic.
    If it ends up happening that would mean the DCEU took out Barry, Cyborg, and Mera. Quite a hit list.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm not so sure this will make all that much money now. Especially if the situation gets worse. Miller is already on the run from the cops. This could very well end with an armed stand off since apparently Miller is also partial to guns. I don't see a happy ending here no matter how it ends.
    The cops aren’t trying to hard to find him honestly, they know who he’s traveling with, what areas he’s been seen in. WB has contractual obligations to release the film better to make some money rather then none, just reshoot the ending warping his appearance into a new actor.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I already posted the Deadline article on the last page, lol, and yeah it’s clear Miller is finished in the role, but WB’s supposed strategy of just playing wait and see might backfire on them if the severity of the next allegations escalates even more. The more worse the allegations, the worse WB continues to look by remaining silence especially when their star is facing very serious allegations of grooming. This is a PR nightmare, and it’s only a matter of time before we hear of yet another troubling Ezra Miller incident.
    Yeah, but what are their options?
    • Spike the movie, it never sees release (or, at least, not for a long time - it would probably emerge as an historical curio someday). This is The Expensive Option. It would be a hard line in the sand, and show proper leadership on WB/D's part, but it would mean writing off the entire cost of the movie PLUS paying off Keaton et al for what they would probably have made if it had seen release.
      • Options like "send it to HBO Max" or "do a limited/no-promotion release" are basically watered down versions of that - I'm sure Keaton & co's contracts specify minimum numbers of screens, for promotion, etc. (Look at Scarlet J suing Disney over releasing Black Widow on Disney+). Most of the downsides, few of the upsides.
    • Cut Miller out and recast in reshoots. Not really an option, since it would require basically reshooting virtually the whole movie by most accounts - by that point, you're just shooting a whole new movie. This isn't replacing Kevin Spacey, a supporting actor, in All the Money in the World (which was expensive enough). The Flash is an Ezra Miller vehicle through'n'through. Even if Miller's crashed the car, it's still Miller's car.
    • Try and reedit the movie, with some reshoots, to try and emphasise characters other than Miller a bit more. I mean, they could do this, but it's questionable how much actual difference it would make, since Miller's in so much of the movie. The only major change they could probably make would be to the ending - regenerate Barry Doctor Who style, have Barry go missing, have Barry turn into a lightning bolt to hit Iris' nephew Wallace... - but it would still be An Ezra Miller Movie, with all that entails.

Their best option, PR-wise, is probably to spike it; but unless they have insurance for "star turns out to be psychotic, making the movie unreleasable", I doubt they want to write that much money off yet (it could still go further...). Everything else is really just tinkering around the edges. (I don't buy that they have to release it to explain Keaton-Bats, or Supergirl, or whatever. I'm sure audiences could handle them turning up later just fine. Hell, isn't Batgirl currently scheduled to come out BEFORE The Flash?)
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 06-18-2022 at 09:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    If it ends up happening that would mean the DCEU took out Barry, Cyborg, and Mera. Quite a hit list.
    Thankfully, no one remembers Allison Mack voiced Power Girl once...

Ultimate Member

To be fair, Ray Fisher was just being a loud jerk about an issue on which outrage was due.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I do, actually .

Ultimate Member

Eh, replacing voice actors is no big thing

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I do, actually .
    I do too and I haven't watched that movie since. Even though she only gets like five minutes of screen time.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

I do too and I haven't watched that movie since. Even though she only gets like five minutes of screen time.
    I'll lay odds Mack is out of prison before Power Girl gets more comic book appearances, let alone a live action or even animated appearance though.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I don't think this makes Barry's character toxic.
    Won't stop the Barry-haters from fantasizing. Probably rubbing their hands in glee now at the prospect of this getting even worse.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    To be fair, Ray Fisher was just being a loud jerk about an issue on which outrage was due.
    I’m not saying Fisher did anything like Miller or Heard it’s just that Cyborg is now totally demoted after the DCEU debacle.

I'll lay odds Mack is out of prison before Power Girl gets more comic book appearances, let alone a live action or even animated appearance though.
    Wasn't she just in the recent One-Star Squadron six-issue series?

Is that the reason why you won't rewatch it? Or did you just not enjoy it?

Astonishing Member

I’m not saying Fisher did anything like Miller or Heard it’s just that Cyborg is now totally demoted after the DCEU debacle.
    That and the writer who pushed Cyborg into higher gigs for incredibly cynical reasons is now out of power