View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    That could be a cost-effective way to alter the existing movie and remove most of Miller from the pic. Dub in a different actor's voice and have the Flash's face covered throughout the movie until the very end when the new timeline Flash emerges and it's Michael J. Fox or Eric Stoltz or Grant Gustin or Kyle Gallner or John Wesley Shipp.
    The problem is all the scenes where it's just Miller out of the suit. Not just one Miller, but two.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    The problem is all the scenes where it's just Miller out of the suit. Not just one Miller, but two.
    Three. Three Miller Flashes. DCEU MC, supporting Flash from Keaton's Batman's earth, and an evil future villain Flash they have to fight. They can't reshoot all of that and still expect to make their money back.

Other:

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The movie's given them the perfect out.

i would love to just do a post credit scene "My name is wally west, I'm the fastest man alive. two years ago my uncle berry dissapeared, so now I am the flash"
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Three. Three Miller Flashes. DCEU MC, supporting Flash from Keaton's Batman's earth, and an evil future villain Flash they have to fight. They can't reshoot all of that and still expect to make their money back.
    Maybe reshoot the main Flash and leave Ezra as the villain! That’ll show ‘em. But really they’re screwed. They would have to redo the whole movie. I hope the exec who championed Ezra as one of the corner stones of the next phase of DC movies gets fired.

Maybe they can re-edit so Keaton’s Batman has even more focus. Have him do a voiceover and some additional scenes.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Digitally insert Paulie Shore's face onto Ezra Miller. It's the only way.

I imagine they could have Iris mentioning her nephew but without actually setting up Wally and his relationship to the Flash, a pass over to Wally just wouldn't make any sense in a single movie.

maybe their best bet would be to try to get Ezra the mental help they clearly require. as for the movie, so many people have left over "creative differences" at this point, that I'm surprised they are even still bothering to try

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Just release the Flash movie as Flashpoint on HBOMax. Just get it out of the way.

Then recast and move on with a new actor for Flash. Either Barry or Wally would be fine.
    They likely have contracts in place that it has to be a theatre release. If not, yeah definitely make it an streaming release. There’s way less press involved and less implications for the wider universe they’re building.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    The villain… is also Ezra?!?! Oh lordt this a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The villain… is also Ezra?!?! Oh lordt this a mess.
    It's actually a pretty cool idea, I mean the Flash is like the one hero who could fight a future villain version of himself. It's just unfortunate that the actor is kinda villainous irl.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    They likely have contracts in place that it has to be a theatre release. If not, yeah definitely make it an streaming release. There’s way less press involved and less implications for the wider universe they’re building.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Just release the Flash movie as Flashpoint on HBOMax. Just get it out of the way.

Then recast and move on with a new actor for Flash. Either Barry or Wally would be fine.
    In addition to contractual stuff, way too much money has likely been spent already for this to be sent direct to streaming. Just judging by all the characters and SFX shots, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a pricey movie. From what we know it's basically a stealth Justice League flick in the same way Captain America: Civil War was a stealth Avengers movie.

There is a reason why when Disney finally bit the bullet and did Black Widow as a home release, it was was that bullshit premium fare you had to pay an extra 30 bucks to rent.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    maybe their best bet would be to try to get Ezra the mental help they clearly require. as for the movie, so many people have left over "creative differences" at this point, that I'm surprised they are even still bothering to try
    Whose to say they haven't?

You can offer all the help you want but someone has to take it.

They likely have contracts in place that it has to be a theatre release.
    Unless there is a clause that says it has to stay in theaters for more than say 2 weeks.

Just toss it out in theaters and do a limited run.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Replacing him with Wally is the most likely outcome since they're already replacing Batman with Batgirl and Superman with Supergirl.
    That'll never work. Supergirl and Batgirl are not replacements for Superman and Batman; they are additional characters who depend on those two while offering a slightly different take in ADDITION to that of the male originals.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/