View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 30 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    At this point WB has two options: 1-HBO Max it. Quietly put it on streaming and start over. 2-release it to no publicity and just let it do what it's going to do...die quickly. WB has a habit of throwing it's money behind problematic actors of late. So I would expect and it seems that they are going with the latter and just let it have whatever life it's going to have. Warner bros (and hopefully Discovery has realized this) needs to figure out what has made it's characters so popular over the decades and make that work for them now.
    This movie is supposed to be the start of a rebooted DC universe with multiple spinoff films possible like batgirl(which is in post production), a supergirl film and other spinoffs. They can't just put in on hbo max.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 06-23-2022 at 10:21 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    This movie is supposed to be the star of a rebooted DC universe with multiple spinoff films possible like batgirl(which is in post production), a supergirl film and other spinoffs. They can't just put in on hbo max.
    Yeah and a lot of actors and members of production have it in their contracts that they get paid from box office so it could be a Black Widow type of thing where WB could get sued if it doesn't go to theaters.

I think it's going to go to theaters as long as Ezra Miller doesn't commit an act of domestic terror or something. And it really isn't fair for the rest of the cast and crew to be punished because Miller is a crazy person.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I try to avoid things that have problematic leads. That having been said, I bought the complete Smallville series a while back and still haven't made my way all the way through it and not sure I ever will now. So many people keep getting busted doing horrible things that I feel like I have to lower my standards anymore just to enjoy things.
    I personally find it easier to justify separate the art from the artist if it's a singular bad actor in a collaborative project (like a TV show or movie) than if it's a more singular vision of one person (e.g. J.K. Rowling). The artist no longer living or having made the art before their fall from grace helps, too.

I don't think there's a right or wrong answer, just doing what you feel is right.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Yeah and a lot of actors and members of production have it in their contracts that they get paid from box office so it could be a Black Widow type of thing where WB could get sued if it doesn't go to theaters.

I think it's going to go to theaters as long as Ezra Miller doesn't commit an act of domestic terror or something. And it really isn't fair for the rest of the cast and crew to be punished because Miller is a crazy person.
    It has to go to theaters now how long it stays there is another issue.

Get Out was suppose to leave theaters that Monday after opening (at least theater I live by) yet it was a hit and SOMEHOW found showings for that entire week.

While Birds of Prey left most of the theaters towards the South but stayed in the North part of my city.

Ezra miller may have just been found! On a farm with a mom and three kids and tons of loaded guns laying everywhere, unsafe for kids and a unlicensed Cannabis farm.

Two sources with knowledge of the situation expressed concern to Rolling Stone that it is an unsafe environment for children, alleging there are unattended guns strewn around the home on Miller’s 96-acre property. One source, who, like the other, requested anonymity for fear of retribution, recalled an instance where one of the children — a one-year-old — allegedly picked up a loose bullet and put it in her mouth.

The mother and children, aged one to five, have, at least as recently as June according to local sources, been living at Miller’s Stamford, Vermont, farm since mid-April. The actor met the woman in Hilo, Hawaii, which Miller had been visiting in March. The embattled actor, who is set to star in Warner Bros.’ anticipated The Flash, racked up a string of arrests while in Hawaii, causing an emergency meeting with studio executives about their future with the franchise. (Miller is nonbinary and uses they/them pronouns.)

In the midst of that unfolding crisis, the children’s father claims to Rolling Stone that Miller secured a flight out of Hawaii for the woman and her children, allegedly without the father’s knowledge. He claims he has not been able to see or speak with his children since their departure. (Rolling Stone is withholding the names of the mother and father.)

“I am going through hell and back,” the father says. “I got a bad feeling in my stomach … I do want to go get my kids, they mean the ---- world to me.”

Representatives for Miller did not reply to request for comment.

The mother appears to still be living at Miller’s farm, according to pictures posted to her Instagram account as recently as Monday. The mother did not reply to Rolling Stone‘s request for clarification.

The two sources confirmed seeing children there with their mother, describing a chaotic environment that is unsafe for children.

Video footage from April reviewed by Rolling Stone shows at least eight assault weapons, rifles, and handguns lying around the living room, with some weapons propped up next to a pile of stuffed animals.

Asked why he hasn’t gone to the farm with police or confronted Miller directly, the father says, “I don’t want [the children] to see anything like that. I just want them to see that, ‘Hey [Dad] showed up, let’s get in the car and go.’ It’s been traumatic enough.”

The two sources also alleged that there has been frequent and heavy marijuana use in front of the children, with little concern about proper ventilation. Rolling Stone has also learned that there is a sizable cannabis farm on Miller’s property, with Miller’s close friend and purported “handyman” Whitney Suters claiming on social media that the two were running a cannabis company called Rebel Alliance Cannabis.

Numerous photos posted to Suters’ social media pages indicate there is a far greater number of marijuana plants than Vermont’s permitted two mature plants or four immature plants that private citizens can own. Suters told one Facebook friend there were at least 28 different strains growing for a fall 2021 harvest.

Miller’s farm is not among the state’s 25 licensed cultivators that are allowed to grow more than six plants and sell to wholesalers, Rolling Stone confirmed with Vermont’s Cannabis Control Board.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...-farm-1372295/

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Ezra miller may have just been found! On a farm with a mom and three kids and tons of loaded guns laying everywhere, unsafe for kids and a unlicensed Cannabis farm.

You know, I fully believe now that if he had been born with any social skills Ezra would be a cult leader...

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm seeing a prison sentence in the near future.
    Assassinate Putin!

Sooo...Does this mean no more Flash movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Hallow View Post
    Sooo...Does this mean no more Flash movie?
    Unless he kills someone, this movie is still going to be released.

Sadly him killing someone is no longer some impossible thing we just say, it could actually happen. So yeah...let's hope that this movie does get released, because we really don't want the alternative...

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

You omitted this on purpose, right?

But the mother who, like the father, Rolling Stone is not naming, claims that Miller had helped her escape from a “violent and abusive ex,” and Miller “helped me finally … have a safe environment for my three very young children.”

“[Ezra’s] home ranch has been a healing haven for us,” she tells Rolling Stone. “They may have firearms for self-defense purposes and they are stored in a part of the house that the children never go in… My kids are able to relax more into their healing because of the safety and nurturing Ezra has been providing for them.”
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-23-2022 at 02:30 PM.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

I'm pretty sure Whedon caused all this bullshit to happen. I remember when Miller was just a normal guy who liked Blackpink. NOW HE'S AN IRL JOKER!!
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Whedon caused all this bullshit to happen. I remember when Miller was just a normal guy who liked Blackpink. NOW HE'S AN IRL JOKER!!
    An irl Joker who still likes Blackpink.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    People just see red when it comes to Miller, I mean they already discarded the testimony of the person they supposedly kidnapped, why not do it again? Nothing wrong with growing weed (morally, not legally), nothing wrong with owning guns (again, if they were purchased legally), nothing wrong with providing shelter to an abuse victim and her children. You know, after all this crazy stuff coming out from Miller, I'm kind of actually liking them more. If they stopped assaulting people, they'd be kind of based actually.

Also, just gonna throw this out here; Stockholm syndrome doesn't actually exist. It's a media term, not something psychologists use. I know this because I read the Wikipedia article.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Sounds like the children's father is a scumbag. Guess that's why the mother went with Ezra so easily if they were the only one offering help.
    "Cable was right!"

I had a few seconds to copy and paste and story behind a paywall giving a fast "sneak peek" you are lucky i got that. No i didn't leave that out to make ezra look bad he can do that on his own just fine!

“[Ezra’s] home ranch has been a healing haven for us,” she tells Rolling Stone. “They may have firearms for self-defense purposes and they are stored in a part of the house that the children never go in… My kids are able to relax more into their healing because of the safety and nurturing Ezra has been providing for them.”

Video footage from April reviewed by Rolling Stone shows at least eight assault weapons, rifles, and handguns lying around the living room, with some weapons propped up next to a pile of stuffed animals.

a one-year-old — allegedly picked up a loose bullet and put it in her mouth.

The two sources also alleged that there has been frequent and heavy marijuana use in front of the children, with little concern about proper ventilation.

he two sources confirmed seeing children there with their mother, describing a chaotic environment that is unsafe for children.
    Right. "safe."

Keep in mind this story has not been reported by big sites like deadline and hr yet so keep that in mind.