View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

That is… really bad. I hope they get the help they need, but also deal with some repercussions. They seem to be a risk to anyone around them.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think Warner's best bet at this point is to just throw it into theaters to fulfill whatever legal obligation they have and just not promote it. Ignore it and move forward. Sit down with Sasha Calle and work out how to introduce her into whatever comes next.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Whose to say they haven't?

You can offer all the help you want but someone has to take it.
    perhaps... but one would think, if this were the case, that they'd mention it publicly, in the interest of mitigating all the negative press around the whole thing

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I think Warner's best bet at this point is to just throw it into theaters to fulfill whatever legal obligation they have and just not promote it. Ignore it and move forward. Sit down with Sasha Calle and work out how to introduce her into whatever comes next.
    Unless Ezra commits a serious offense (as in murder) or screws up during the press tour for Flash I don’t think WB will deviate from their current plans. Zaslov has gotta be pissed however, and I don’t know if Ezra will get another movie after all this. They may end up Cavilling him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Personally I think the whole DCEU is a mess, but quietly recasting is probably the easiest way to go about things, just as they have done in the Batman and Superman Franchises. I personally thought WW:1984 was a terrible movie, though I loved Snyder's Justice League.

The DCEU is far from the MCU in terms of quality and consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    That is… really bad. I hope they get the help they need, but also deal with some repercussions. They seem to be a risk to anyone around them.
    There's not much they can realistically do. A bunch of people keep proposing another Kevin Spacey situation where they cast a new actor and digitally insert him into scenes, but that's not really viable here. All in all they shot about 30 minutes of new footage with Christopher Plummer in the role and were also able to use trickery to insert him into partially filmed scenes where Spacey's face wasn't visible. But that was possible since it was a small film and Spacey had only shot for 10 days anyway.

Here, Ezra's part is likely much more extensive and would require way more time and money to redo the film, even with CGI and special effects to try and hide the switch. This is already likely a very expensive movie, so I don't think the studio is gonna wanna spend a bunch more to essentially redo the entire flick with a new actor. Especially since the new head of the company, David Zaslav, has a reputation for being very strict about budgets and has already vowed to cut costs at WB to help bring down the debt they're in. I think the scenario put forth where they do the movie and just either recast or write out Ezra for future installments is very likely, but right now I'm not sure what else they could do when principle photography is already finished.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    There's not much they can realistically do. A bunch of people keep proposing another Kevin Spacey situation where they cast a new actor and digitally insert him into scenes, but that's not really viable here. All in all they shot about 30 minutes of new footage with Christopher Plummer in the role and were also able to use trickery to insert him into partially filmed scenes where Spacey's face wasn't visible. But that was possible since it was a small film and Spacey had only shot for 10 days anyway.

Here, Ezra's part is likely much more extensive and would require way more time and money to redo the film, even with CGI and special effects to try and hide the switch. This is already likely a very expensive movie, so I don't think the studio is gonna wanna spend a bunch more to essentially redo the entire flick with a new actor. Especially since the new head of the company, David Zaslav, has a reputation for being very strict about budgets and has already vowed to cut costs at WB to help bring down the debt they're in. I think the scenario put forth where they do the movie and just either recast or write out Ezra for future installments is very likely, but right now I'm not sure what else they could do when principle photography is already finished.
    They just need put a new actor into the ending he he’s Barry but not the Barry we knew yet is the Barry we knew. Very minimal

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Haha, we all know that DC's solution is going to be to make more Batman movies.
    How dare the business company make the films that make the most money.

The only feasible action for the Flash movie is to beef up Sasha Calle and Michael Keaton's roles in it and make it a Batman/Supergirl movie then re title it as 'Flashpoint'. Replacing Ezra Miller whether digitally or otherwise is way too expensive but they can probably cut down costs but cutting his parts and beefing up everyone else's roles. I bet somebody's career is riding on this flick and that's why it's been delayed so much.

Anyway, I hope Ezra gets the help they need. From the sound of things, I think it might be drugs mixed with a troubled personality.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

They just need to recast. Ezra Miller is too much of a liability now. Though bringing in Wally isn’t a bad idea since he’s my favorite flash anyway.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member

It seems aquaman is in a similar situation. My hope is she gets pregnant and dies in child birth. Introduce the other xbelian family of royalty who have the exclusive ability to command water

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It seems aquaman is in a similar situation. My hope is she gets pregnant and dies in child birth. Introduce the other xbelian family of royalty who have the exclusive ability to command water
    Naw, they're just going to give her more fight scenes

Astonishing Member

Default The Ezra Miller Flash Situation Thread

As of now, Miller has now been arrested two times, and it seems that Flash is gonna be a PR nightmare for WB. I wonder what are your thoughts on how WB should handle this situation?
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

There's already a thread about this on the DC forum:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Miller-problem

Astonishing Member

Ah, okay and it’s a much better made thread than my terrible attempt. Can a mod please close or delete the thread then? Thank you.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.