View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Honest question: Does anyone actually plan to still watch this movie after everything that's come out? I don't. Smallville was one of my favorite shows and I still can't re-watch it after the whole Allison Mack thing. I'm not terribly attached to the DCEU to begin with and am not happy they are replacing Superman. But this is just unacceptable. Now they are doing reshoots WHILE Miller was on the run from the cops? Seriously, where's the line? I don't know that I want anything to do with anything that comes after this either.
    I can separate art from the artist. Regardless of how awful Miller is, their behavior isn't enough to dissuade me from watching the film because I know it has absolutely no bearing on their performance. What will dissaude me from watching is that it looks and sounds bad, like an absolute trainwreck of a movie which could make it a fun hatewatch but I somehow doubt it.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Honest question: Does anyone actually plan to still watch this movie after everything that's come out? I don't. Smallville was one of my favorite shows and I still can't re-watch it after the whole Allison Mack thing. I'm not terribly attached to the DCEU to begin with and am not happy they are replacing Superman. But this is just unacceptable. Now they are doing reshoots WHILE Miller was on the run from the cops? Seriously, where's the line? I don't know that I want anything to do with anything that comes after this either.
    I probably wasn’t going to go see it in theaters and this was before all this news broke. But I’d still watch it if it dropped on a streaming service I have or a movie channel. And the way YouTube and Twitter are these days the whole film will be spoiled in the first week.

I was never that big on Smallville. I wouldn’t watch it because I don’t think it’s aged well. Still, I could watch it if I wanted too. I’d honestly forgotten about Allison Mack until you brought it up. I’m sure Seeing her again it would have reminded me. But the media coverage around Ezra Miller is much greater. I promise you there are casual Smallville fans out there who are unaware of Allison’s dealing with the cult and sex trafficking.

I wasn’t even following the Ezra Miller news the last few months, but thanks to social media it’s all been shoved right in my face.

That said DC is still assessing the situation because big moneys on the line. The movie tested well and the new Warner executive is a money guy. If this situation can be salvaged and the film can turn a big profit he will go for it
    The J-man

I will. Probably even see it 2-3 times in the theater if it's good. What Ezra did/is doing, has no bearing on me seeing the movie. IF WBD sanctioned it then I may have issues but this is not an Ezra movie, it's just a movie he was in.

I wasn't interested in a Flash movie to begin with since Flash (both Wally and Barry) have never been all that interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that's a major disservice to Grant Gustin and the good points of the show and I say this as someone who doesn't need to see him as the movie Flash. But I'd still call him a better Flash than Miller's.
    I think Miller, despite their awful behavior, is a vastly better actor. I feel people generally blame the actor for the way the writers and directors choose to portray them. Even during the best seasons of that show, Gustin is the least interesting part. I also never understand people wanting to see more of the exact same performance we've been seeing for countless hours already. There's nothing new to do with that character. It's completely stale at this point.

Even when it's somebody like Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and people keep wanting more and more, I feel like, "Yeah, he was good, but he's done all he can do with that part. It's been 20 years of him doing that role."

A huge movie franchise can absolutely pick somebody more interesting and talented than Gustin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    I can separate art from the artist. Regardless of how awful Miller is, their behavior isn't enough to dissuade me from watching the film because I know it has absolutely no bearing on their performance. What will dissaude me from watching is that it looks and sounds bad, like an absolute trainwreck of a movie which could make it a fun hatewatch but I somehow doubt it.
    All the reports have said its pretty good and emotional. I don't doubt the movie is at least decent. It's just Ezra turning everything into a shitshow.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I think Miller, despite their awful behavior, is a vastly better actor. I feel people generally blame the actor for the way the writers and directors choose to portray them. Even during the best seasons of that show, Gustin is the least interesting part. I also never understand people wanting to see more of the exact same performance we've been seeing for countless hours already. There's nothing new to do with that character. It's completely stale at this point.

Even when it's somebody like Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and people keep wanting more and more, I feel like, "Yeah, he was good, but he's done all he can do with that part. It's been 20 years of him doing that role."

A huge movie franchise can absolutely pick somebody more interesting and talented than Gustin.
    It can, but if they need to CGI someone in right now, Grant is the best choice...

All the reports have said its pretty good and emotional. I don't doubt the movie is at least decent. It's just Ezra turning everything into a shitshow.
    All the reports I've seen indicate that it is not my cup of tea. It sounded like a shitshow from the very beginning. Hope you enjoy it though.
    They/Them

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    It can, but if they need to CGI someone in right now, Grant is the best choice...
    How, though? He plays an entirely different version of the character. It wouldn't make any sense.

Twitter account @UndercoverCine has a lot of test screening information and other various inside Hollywood news. The account has been talking about WBD and what they’re planning on doing with Ezra Miller over the last few hours.

How, though? He plays an entirely different version of the character. It wouldn't make any sense.
    He gets the character.

Grant Gustin is not replacing him in the film. Don’t play yourself. No one at Warner is even considering it. They’d offer the role to Dylan O’Brien or some other A-lister
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Grant Gustin is not replacing him in the film. Don’t play yourself. No one at Warner is even considering it. They’d offer the role to Dylan O’Brien or some other A-lister
    It's also probably not feasible given what occurs in the film.

spoilers:
    There are multiple Barry Allens all played by Ezra.
    end of spoilers
    They/Them

Twitter account @UndercoverCine says Aquaman 2 is in trouble. Zaslav doesn’t have confidence in Aquaman 2 and is worried about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Twitter account @UndercoverCine says Aquaman 2 is in trouble. Zaslav doesn’t have confidence in Aquaman 2 and is worried about it.
    Rando on the Twitter has something to say about some goings on...

News at eleven.