View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I heard his parents are pretty well off so I don’t think Ezra will ever be suffering for money.
    Oh ok, good so by giving him money to help sort out his crap, they turn into enabling parents instead of letting him figure out how to get himself out of his own hole. Great parenting.

I'm surprised the haven't just forced him into a rehab facility till the movie premiers. Hollwy==ywood use to do that all the time with problem assets.

Talk to his agent and parents get him to sign some papers and there you go
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'm surprised the haven't just forced him into a rehab facility till the movie premiers. Hollwy==ywood use to do that all the time with problem assets.

Talk to his agent and parents get him to sign some papers and there you go
    Miller isn't a contract star. Studios don't have that kind of control anymore.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Miller isn't a contract star. Studios don't have that kind of control anymore.
    Yeah, that died with the studio system.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Oh ok, good so by giving him money to help sort out his crap, they turn into enabling parents instead of letting him figure out how to get himself out of his own hole. Great parenting.
    You're not wrong, but kinda spitting in the wind there...

That parenting is most likely the reason they are the way they are
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Niffleheim

I'm actually surprised the parents have enough influence to step in and shield their adult son.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I'm actually surprised the parents have enough influence to step in and shield their adult son.
    I'm not sure how much influence they have now. Though apparently his mom accompanied him to the Flash reshoots. So maybe she's helping keep him in line.

Their bio says that they started singing opera at the age of 6 and later joined the children's choir at the Metropolitan Opera for two seasons. As we've seen with other troubled celebs, being raised in wealthy family mixed with being a child performer often doesn't end well.

Mighty Member

I'm not sure how much influence they have now. Though apparently his mom accompanied him to the Flash reshoots. So maybe she's helping keep him in line.

Their bio says that they started singing opera at the age of 6 and later joined the children's choir at the Metropolitan Opera for two seasons. As we've seen with other troubled celebs, being raised in wealthy family mixed with being a child performer often doesn't end well.
    It's baffling to me how one could be born into wealth and not only that have a gift/talent that not many other people have and what do they do? make a cult groom minors walk around in a bullet proof vest and sabatoge the release of their own film.

Yeah well the entertainment industry is a dangerous environment for a kid to grow up in. It’s not hard to imagine what sort of things Ezra may have experienced that led them down this dark path.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Yeah well the entertainment industry is a dangerous environment for a kid to grow up in. It’s not hard to imagine what sort of things Ezra may have experienced that led them down this dark path.
    Corey Feldman told us long ago. The frightening part is how many of these kids' parents are complicit.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Corey Feldman told us long ago. The frightening part is how many of these kids' parents are complicit.
    A lot of parents are complicit when it comes to their children. A lot of parents think their baby can do no wrong and are perfect angels and don't have addictions or any sort of issues. Of course some also let their kids leave with the guy/gal and the backpack of drugs, while they count their royalty checks and feign ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    A lot of parents are complicit when it comes to their children. A lot of parents think their baby can do no wrong and are perfect angels and don't have addictions or any sort of issues. Of course some also let their kids leave with the guy/gal and the backpack of drugs, while they count their royalty checks and feign ignorance.
    What I mean by complicit is as Feldman put it, which is that these parents put money before their children's well-being such that when, for example, a child actor tells their parents that they are being sexually assaulted by these studio execs and other adults in the industry, many of the parents say, like Feldman said his own parents told him, "Suck it up. You're going to be a millionaire."

And then we these kids go off the rail with drugs and bad behavior and all of that, the public looks askance at these former child stars without knowing the underlying reasons for it.

I don't know if this applies to Ezra Miller, who, in their case, seems to be the abuser.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

I heard his parents are pretty well off so I don’t think Ezra will ever be suffering for money.
    If they actually pay for his stuff.

Ezra Miller has put out a statement apologizing for their actions and explaining that they are seeking treatment for mental health issues.