View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yo what? Got any stories?

Oh. Neil Kurtzman? eww.

Like I'm glad they're attempting to stop but if a normal person like us did any one of the **** they did, we would be in jail or dead. Especially the child stuff.
    The Jared Leto stuff you can Google. I don't remember all the details, but there are a LOT of stories out there. I have a friend that used to work for a big radio station that had to deal with Leto's stupid band when they came to town and they said he was immensely creepy and a huge ******* in general. This friend said those rumors and stories are true and it's pretty much known in the industry. They also said losing that job had the single plus side of never having to deal with Leto again.

So make of that what you will. But I've been hearing those stories for years and when I brought it up, this friend went on a tirade about how much they hated Leto and what a scumbag he is.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Many folks don't care. The apology was the crumb they needed to put their own selfish desires for entertainment above ethical considerations.
    Or some know what mental illness is and want him to get the help he needs. Not saying what he did wasn't wrong, but IF it is due to mental illness then he needs to get the help he needs with that, before he deals with the consequences of his actions. If there will be any because, rich...

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Or some know what mental illness is and want him to get the help he needs. Not saying what he did wasn't wrong, but IF it is due to mental illness then he needs to get the help he needs with that, before he deals with the consequences of his actions. If there will be any because, rich...
    The issue here is that some of us know how Hollywood works. We can't be entirely certain that that mental illness in this situation isn't being used as a contrivance or a PR/marketing ploy designed to salvage a big-budget movie, absolve a criminal of bad behavior, and garner sympathy for a person who is being harmful by turning them into the victim while ignoring or turning a skeptical eye toward the people they victimized.

If some can be skeptical of Miller's victims, I'm turning my skepticism toward Miller and the Hollywood machine backing them.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

The U.S. prison system is heavily flawed and corrupt, yes, but Miller is a fairly wealthy celebrity. Don't those privileged people get sent to special jail that's practically daycare compared to the real thing? I wouldn't be worried for them.
    Last edited by Dipter; 08-17-2022 at 09:04 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The U.S. prison system is heavily flawed and corrupt, yes, but Miller is a fairly wealthy celebrity. Don't those privileged people get sent to special jail that's practically daycare compared to the real thing? I wouldn't be worried for them.
    That's a fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The U.S. prison system is heavily flawed and corrupt, yes, but Miller is a fairly wealthy celebrity. Don't those privileged people get sent to special jail that's practically daycare compared to the real thing?
    When they are actually convicted and serve time, most of the rich and famous get sent to a day at the spa. Bill Cosby called his prison stint "an amazing experience" and compared it to a resort.

The horrible prisons are for poor people. Or innocent ones.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Multiple child grooming accusations.
    A theft with actual charges filed.
    Two recorded assault incidents.

C'mon.
    Firstly these are accusations.

In general news about celebrities I take a bit like tabloid news until you got real charges and a court case.

But if miller is child grooming. Or if people in general are child grooming or a pedophile I don't really think these people should be put in jail. Same way I see drugs as a health crisis not a criminal situation.

Historically speaking humans have married and had sex at very young ages.

I Am Not Condoning this behavior. What I'm saying is groomers and pedophiles should be treated not criminalized.
    ------

Historically men often had sex with very young women. So this behavior is in our genes and is the reason it's so common and it's so hard to create a prohibition on this behavior. A 30 year old male trying to have sex with a 12 year old was pretty common place in history. **** there are some cultures in modern day who still Condone sex with very young people.

dowry.

Marriage in the Medieval period occurred at a young age. The age at which a man could first marry was fourteen. Women married as early as twelve. Usually marriages occurred around fifteen to eighteen years of age. Parents or guardians commonly arranged marriages. Occasionally elders arranged the marriages as early as three but that trend disappeared later in the Middle Ages. Although already arranged, legally a marriage did not exist until the couple consented to the union. Often couples consented under threats from their elders. It was not uncommon for a man to wait until his early thirties, and then marry a woman sixteen to eighteen years his junior. Women commonly married at such a young age.

------

Again I'm not saying a early 20s miller should have been trying to have sex with a 12 year old.

But what I am saying is genetically speaking this behavior is apparently according to history a part of what humans did naturally.

So I want a solution that isn't just JAIL

I want a solution that us more practical. Exactly what that is, is a huge social problem.

50 percent of catholic priest's have been said to be pedophiles.

I've seen studies that say teachers have a high percentage of pedophiles in the school system.higher than society at large.

All I'm saying is this is a much bigger problem then Miller and tossing hordes of people in jail isn't really any better then trying to toss people who use drugs in jail

This is more complicated then a crime. It's some kind of genetic health issue...

I'm open to intelligent responses but grooming and pedophilia are more complicated than just, let's toss people in jail.

Or am I off base here?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Listen. I'm just saying if someone is accused of being inappropriate with teenage girls then at least the people who are supposed to prevent those things get off their asses and investigate what's what. Don't just come back the next day and be like "The guy was a little loony. Tee hee." and **** off like nothing happened.

And what was bringing up all this dowry and child marriage stuff supposed to convince me of? I'm not from another planet so I know how things used to be but Miller is an American citizen in the 2020s that stuff doesn't excuse their behaviour.

I agree some pedophiles need help cuz some of them don't even know why they go after kids but grooming requires premeditation, subterfuge and manipulation so of course those guys are going to get criminalized.
    "Cable was right!"

Multiple child grooming accusations.
    A theft with actual charges filed.
    Two recorded assault incidents.

C'mon.
    Doesn’t “grooming” mean they are setting up a minor in a sexual way? He was telling trans kids that he was the only person who could keep them safe and they should live with him. Have there ever been accusations that he sexually assaulted minors or is now dating/has a sexual relationship with someone he knew before they were 18? Post links to the articles verifying that if he was indeed doing so.

Was Ezra showing signs of paranoid schizophrenia and narcissistic personality disorder? Possibly. But people added the word right wing buzzword “grooming” to Ezra pretty fast.

Btw, Dane Cook groomed his current wife. Now there’s an example of grooming. It’s a pretty gross story.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Doesn’t “grooming” mean they are setting up a minor in a sexual way? He was telling trans kids that he was the only person who could keep them safe and they should live with him. Have there ever been accusations that he sexually assaulted minors or is now dating/has a sexual relationship with someone he knew before they were 18? Post links to the articles verifying that if he was indeed doing so.

Was Ezra showing signs of paranoid schizophrenia and narcissistic personality disorder? Possibly. But people added the word right wing buzzword “grooming” to Ezra pretty fast.

Btw, Dane Cook groomed his current wife. Now there’s an example of grooming. It’s a pretty gross story.
    It's pretty easy to find on google, the allegations are from Tokata's parents. Erza met her when she was 12 and according to them Erza wanted to sleep in the same bed as her when she was 14.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...leading-a-cult
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

It's mostly due to the incident with the Native American girl who's mentioned in the protective order. The other incident with the mum and daughter around Halloween was a one-off. Should still look into them.

45 to 18? Jeez.
    "Cable was right!"

It's mostly due to the incident with the Native American girl who's mentioned in the protective order. The other incident with the mum and daughter around Halloween was a one-off. Should still look into them.

45 to 18? Jeez.
    Elvis, Jerry Lee Louis so many stories of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Firstly these are accusations.

In general news about celebrities I take a bit like tabloid news until you got real charges and a court case.

But if miller is child grooming. Or if people in general are child grooming or a pedophile I don't really think these people should be put in jail. Same way I see drugs as a health crisis not a criminal situation.

Historically speaking humans have married and had sex at very young ages.

I Am Not Condoning this behavior. What I'm saying is groomers and pedophiles should be treated not criminalized.
    I'm sure his victims (if the allegations are true), would be happy to hear that he should get a pass for hurting them and breaking the law because he has a condition.

Historically men often had sex with very young women. So this behavior is in our genes and is the reason it's so common and it's so hard to create a prohibition on this behavior. A 30 year old male trying to have sex with a 12 year old was pretty common place in history. **** there are some cultures in modern day who still Condone sex with very young people.

dowry.

Marriage in the Medieval period occurred at a young age. The age at which a man could first marry was fourteen. Women married as early as twelve. Usually marriages occurred around fifteen to eighteen years of age. Parents or guardians commonly arranged marriages. Occasionally elders arranged the marriages as early as three but that trend disappeared later in the Middle Ages. Although already arranged, legally a marriage did not exist until the couple consented to the union. Often couples consented under threats from their elders. It was not uncommon for a man to wait until his early thirties, and then marry a woman sixteen to eighteen years his junior. Women commonly married at such a young age.
    Irrelevant. Whatever was the standard of the day in times past has no bearing on the standards of now (esp. considering how most of the Western world has rightly deemed relationships between grown men and teenage girls to be wrong, standards that Miller would've been raised with). Would we be making the same argument about racism since slavery used to be legal or that since countless societies treated women as second-class citizens that we shouldn't blame people for infringing on their rights today?

Again I'm not saying a early 20s miller should have been trying to have sex with a 12 year old.

But what I am saying is genetically speaking this behavior is apparently according to history a part of what humans did naturally.
    So, basically men can't help themselves?

So I want a solution that isn't just JAIL

I want a solution that us more practical. Exactly what that is, is a huge social problem.

50 percent of catholic priest's have been said to be pedophiles.

I've seen studies that say teachers have a high percentage of pedophiles in the school system.higher than society at large.

All I'm saying is this is a much bigger problem then Miller and tossing hordes of people in jail isn't really any better then trying to toss people who use drugs in jail

This is more complicated then a crime. It's some kind of genetic health issue...

I'm open to intelligent responses but grooming and pedophilia are more complicated than just, let's toss people in jail.

Or am I off base here?
    Yeah, off-base. While the stigmas around mental illness need to go away and treatment needs to get better, it's not right to look the other way when crimes are committed just because the perpetrator has a doctor's note. If Miller did everything they was accused of, they should go to jail, period. They should also get treatment, but that has noting to do with legal accountability or justice for the people they harmed.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I'm sure his victims (if the allegations are true), would be happy to hear that he should get a pass for hurting them and breaking the law because he has a condition.
    Dude, have some sympathy. You have no idea how hard it is to be wealthy and popular!

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

Irrelevant. Whatever was the standard of the day in times past has no bearing on the standards of now (esp. considering how most of the Western world has rightly deemed relationships between grown men and teenage girls to be wrong, standards that Miller would've been raised with). Would we be making the same argument about racism since slavery used to be legal or that since countless societies treated women as second-class citizens that we shouldn't blame people for infringing on their rights today?

So, basically men can't help themselves?

Yeah, off-base. While the stigmas around mental illness need to go away and treatment needs to get better, it's not right to look the other way when crimes are committed just because the perpetrator has a doctor's note. If Miller did everything they was accused of, they should go to jail, period. They should also get treatment, but that has noting to do with legal accountability or justice for the people they harmed.
    Maybe I'm not explaining myself well enough.

You can read about one of the world's best programs here though

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...re-they-offend

Of course I think if someone is racist they need re-education and treatment. Not to be jailed...

I think culturally people need to change how they view this stuff.

Make it about helping people who suffer from a real condition that has existed both in the past as I've shown and today.
    Last edited by Menacer; 08-17-2022 at 07:47 PM.