View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    They kind of are rebooting things already with the Flash film, aren’t they? It would be a page one hard reboot that restarts the movies from scratch because things from the Snyder-Verse will remain like some elements and movies but Flash is kind of a restart of the universe.
    I thought discovery had a year but with Aquaman also imploding. The clock shortened.

I definitely don’t think they should recast Barry or set up Wally at the end of the Flash. With that comes the promise of a new Flash in the same universe that they may want to scrap. Best way forward is to release the movie, see what works, and actually take some time to figure out next steps before green lighting a bunch of projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I definitely don’t think they should recast Barry or set up Wally at the end of the Flash. With that comes the promise of a new Flash in the same universe that they may want to scrap. Best way forward is to release the movie, see what works, and actually take some time to figure out next steps before green lighting a bunch of projects.
    I very, very rarely wish this site had a like button. But I would like this post.

Not sure they’ve established Barry well enough to do Wally correctly. Wally without the legacy aspect isn’t Wally, and Barry has had so little screen time, the idea that he’d leave behind a sizable legacy doesn’t really work. I’d lean toward just re-casting Barry and, ahem, running with it.
    Cheers - CL

“You know why your movie keeps getting delayed? It was me Barry. I was the one who kept impersonating you in Hawaii and threw that chair so that WB will finally get fed up and recast you!”
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That's being called into question now. Before Ezra legal troubles became an issue the film was getting overhauled to stop that reboot from happening. Rumor was it planned on doing that by eliminating Cavil's Superman and Afflick's Batman. With the recent announcement of Discovery wanting to revitalize Superman having him get erased is a big no no.
    Them “prioritizing Superman” doesn’t preclude them from doing the rumored continuity wipe of Superman away from the main DC universe. Prioritizing Superman shouldn’t be specifically as pertaining to the character’s status a film franchise. It could just as easily mean they want more videogames and cartoons or something. And by the way, The Flash movie was already done shooting before the Discovery merger finished. So unless they want to reshoot the ending to maintain Supes existence post the timeline reset I expect the character to be erased as rumored, or at least knowledge of his existence. Also even if you were to interpret that report as referring to Supes status on the big screen who’s to say Discovery wouldn’t be opposed to doing a standalone Superman reboot with no ties to the DCEU like Reeves is doing with Batman.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 04-21-2022 at 04:44 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I don’t see how you would be opposed to recasting when it’s clear Erza Miller is very unstable and in clear need of mental help, and is so obviously a liability for the film. I’m not entirely opposed to not recasting, but only after we have indication of Ezra making strides to rehabilitate himself and his image which we’ve seen no indication of and it doesn’t seem all this news is majorly concerning to WB, which that in on itself is very telling on how disturbingly non-chalalet they are about this who fiasco.

That being said, all this talk of whether to recast or not might be prove moot as I’m not confident the Flash film will perform well enough for them to do anything with the Flash character afterwards. I know Micheal Keaton returning as Batman after thirty years seems like a slam dunk box office idea but I’m not sure Keaton is as big a draw as some are making him out to be as I really feel the younger MCU-living generation are mostly ambivalent about his return.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 04-21-2022 at 05:29 PM.

- Charles Schultz.

Retired

Even if they lose a lot of money by not releasing the movie isn't that better than suffering damage to their brand if they release it?

The whole point of the movie is to reset things for the next phase. But if it is actually going to tank their franchises, then it might not be worth the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Even if they lose a lot of money by not releasing the movie isn't that better than suffering damage to their brand if they release it?

The whole point of the movie is to reset things for the next phase. But if it is actually going to tank their franchises, then it might not be worth the risk.
    Right now they’re gambling on people not caring because Ezra hasn’t done anything too serious just yet. It’s a gamble that keeping Ezra won’t damage their brand. Obviously if Ezra worsens then they’re going to be left with egg on their face, but that’s seems to be a risk they’re prepared to take.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

They have to release it. A lot of the upcoming DC movies are connected to the major plot points. It resets the timeline for all the DC movieverse. Keaton's Batman will be in the Batgirl movie (and will act as a mentor to the other DC characters) and Sashe Calle will supposedly be playing a bigger role going forward. There would be no explanation as to why these characters are suddenly showing up in a bunch of different projects.

Here's hoping that Ezra accepts the fact that they need help and they're not a Kanye West type person who has a massive narcissistic personality disorder and refuses to accept treatment.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-21-2022 at 05:32 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Right now they’re gambling on people not caring because Ezra hasn’t done anything too serious just yet. It’s a gamble that keeping Ezra won’t damage their brand. Obviously if Ezra worsens then they’re going to be left with egg on their face, but that’s seems to be a risk they’re prepared to take.
    His latest arrest had him throw a chair at a woman and giving her a half itch cut. If he worked for Disney he would have been shown the door. They fired people for less.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    “You know why your movie keeps getting delayed? It was me Barry. I was the one who kept impersonating you in Hawaii and threw that chair so that WB will finally get fed up and recast you!”
    Honestly, as insane as it would make them see, I want Ezra to claim they're being framed by the Reverse-Flash using their face .

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I wonder if they're clearing out a broom closet to keep Miller in until the movie comes out.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    His latest arrest had him throw a chair at a woman and giving her a half itch cut. If he worked for Disney he would have been shown the door. They fired people for less.
    Yep, just ask this guy.

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I'm actually having flashbacks to being in high school and thinking that a Flash movie was in production. First it was Goyer, then Shawn Levy, then David Dobkin, then Dan Mazeau. I even remember the fake trailer.

https://www.firstshowing.net/2009/sc...oving-forward/

https://collider.com/shawn-levy-the-flash/

https://www.slashfilm.com/497348/dav...ect-the-flash/

https://www.firstshowing.net/2009/sc...oving-forward/

I remember at the time that it was always presumed that Barry would come first and Wally would be in the background ready for an eventual transition into the Flash. It was just understood. Sharp contrast to today's limbo. I wonder if any of those scripts are floating around.