View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10505657585960616263 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Ezra back to work filming more reshoots for flash. Also had a "positive meeting" about the flash future with wb says the wrap.

https://www.thewrap.com/ezra-miller-the-flash-reshoots/
    Huh! I didn't expect to hear that but I guess Warner/DC really wants him in this movie.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Why are they so focused on Miller? It's not like they're that big an actor.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're the only Flash they got at the moment. After the movie comes out, I'm certain WB will kick him to the curb at speeds that would impress his character, but until then...

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They're the only Flash they got at the moment. After the movie comes out, I'm certain WB will kick him to the curb at speeds that would impress his character, but until then...
    Yeah....and maybe for some reason they are insistent on keeping the same actor that was in JL?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

I was confused at them pushing so hard for this movie and Miller just because they're not a big actor like you say, and because they're version of Barry isn't particularly popular. I guess some reviews for JL back in 2017 focused on Miller as a positive and I personally think they're a talented actor (obviously an astoundinly problematic person), but it's not like a Downey Jr as Iron Man level of positive receptions, so it is odd.

I think at this point, they pretty much are stuck with Miller until the movie is out. It's been too late for a while to recast and reshoot. By the time all the controversy really blew up, the movie was in the can. The movie is so expensive (and apparently good) that they pretty much have to use Miller for any post-production and make nice with them until the movie is released.

I would be shocked if Miller isn't immediately kicked to the curb after its out, though. They need Miller for post and probably won't fire them before the movie comes out, but they would be insane to work with them again after this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Ya know...it absolutely boggles my mind what WB is thinking these days. Johnny Depp was booted fast and hard for allegations of abuse (no facts presented). Armie Hammer booted for allegations of abuse (no facts presented at that time.) So many more instances of actors booted for allegations where no facts were presented at the time yet Ezra Miller has all kinds of facts stacked against him and WB execs are having "positive meetings" with him and pushing his movie forward.
    They need to be done with this degenerate, they keep saying they are dropping movies and shows for tax write offs, this seems like it would be a grand opportunity for just such a thing.
    The only one they dropped for a tax write-off was Batgirl and, as shitty a choice as that was, I do believe them when they say it was a business decision. That option also expired for anything else after the fact. Flash has a much bigger budget and is a massive theatrical release and a lot of times, there are legally-binding contracts with actors, producers, directors that guarantees a theatrical release. There's a good chance that shelving the movie wouldn't just mean eating the loss of the massive budget but also opening themselves up to multiple lawsuits.

There's been a lot of reports that, behind closed doors, they are absolutely done with Miller. They're just kind of stuck with the movie now and trying to make the most of the situation. The positive meeting in August was, as I recall, just Miller apologizing to the suits for the trouble they caused and vowing to get help and lay low. It didn't sound like they has any plans with Miller beyond just typical post-production reshoots.

I'm not defending Miller at all, but the movie is pretty much finished so there's not a whole lot to be done about it at this point. Even with the Armie Hammer thing, studios still released movies he had already filmed. They just stopped hiring him for anything new. I suspect the same thing will happen to Miller.

Then again, there have been allegations surrounding people like Jared Leto for years and studios keep hiring him, so maybe I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Huh! I didn't expect to hear that but I guess Warner/DC really wants him in this movie.
    one or multiple executives must like him or something. That's my read on it. More info will leak sooner or later the way things are at Warner
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

I'd say most executives are more focused on the money they put into the movie where he plays an integral role. It could easily be someone else. They just don't want to lose that money.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'd say most executives are more focused on the money they put into the movie where he plays an integral role. It could easily be someone else. They just don't want to lose that money.
    Yup. The Flash movie is integral to the future of the DC movies (Superman/Supergirl new status quo, Keaton Batman coming back, the DC multiverse, etc.) so there could potentially be billions on the line with how many giant franchises this flick will effect. The movie was already complete and Ezra plays 3 versions of Barry so WB desperately needs this movie to happen. The PR team will continue to do damage control but after the movie is out and the hype dies down I can definitely see WB dumping Ezra.
    Last edited by Robotman; 10-14-2022 at 09:51 PM.

Astonishing Member

Just to check, all the missing persons are now accounted for right?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Just to check, all the missing persons are now accounted for right?
    I hope so.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

WB have to realise that this movie is going to bomb right?
    Every headline, every review is going to make mention of the shitstorm that has followed Miller wherever he goes.
    Sure, they've been keeping their nose clean the last couple of months, but I don't see it amounting to much upon release.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    WB have to realise that this movie is going to bomb right?
    Every headline, every review is going to make mention of the shitstorm that has followed Miller wherever he goes.
    Sure, they've been keeping their nose clean the last couple of months, but I don't see it amounting to much upon release.
    Apparently test audiences really enjoyed it, but that's probably the most they've got going for it other than Keaton is in the film.

Incredible Member