View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Depending on how Black Adam sticks the landing and how the JSA parts are received; maybe go with the OG Flash or one of the Ancillary flashes (Avery or Jesse?)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    They have to release it. A lot of the upcoming DC movies are connected to the major plot points. It resets the timeline for all the DC movieverse. Keaton's Batman will be in the Batgirl movie (and will act as a mentor to the other DC characters) and Sashe Calle will supposedly be playing a bigger role going forward. There would be no explanation as to why these characters are suddenly showing up in a bunch of different projects.
    Eh, that's not exactly a huge problem. Did The Batman include an explanation for why Pattison wasn't Ben Afflick? So Batgirl is a belated sequel to Batman (1989)/Batman Returns, I think audiences could handle that. And anything going forward with Supergirl, they could just script as an introduction.

The big problem is that the Flash movie is a money-pit that WB aren't going to scrap unless they see releasing it as costing them even MORE money than the alternative. And recasting isn't an option (at least not for THIS movie, going forward is a different matter) - when it's the lead character, you might as well just shoot a whole 'nother movie and be done with it for the time & money it would cost.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Depending on how Black Adam sticks the landing and how the JSA parts are received; maybe go with the OG Flash or one of the Ancillary flashes (Avery or Jesse?)
    Black Adam has Emelia Harcourt in it so I think that’s an indicator that it takes place in the modern day.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    John Wesley Shipp shows up for a 3rd Jay Garrick ?

I'm all for JWS as Jay Garrick being a Multiversal constant.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member

I’m assuming the woman has some sort of contract where she can’t just outright press charges
    Anyway I hope she can keep applying pressure, to force Ezra camp and WB to talk.

WB can’t afford another FB result and because of their hasty choice to drop depp, they will have repeat with Ezra

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Beyond things others have said about it affecting films already in development (I think Batgirl is already finished filming), the financial aspect alone makes that a no-go. It can't be overstated how unprecedented it'd be for a film of this expense and scale not being released after they've already finished filming. Big movies fall apart before shooting all the time, but once they've actually been filmed they pretty much have to get out the door, even if the end result is shit, to hopefully recoup those costs. I don't know just how much was spent on Flash, but given the budget of your average superhero crossover movie it'd probably have to be in the 150 million to 200 million range at least. They're not gonna just eat that cost by letting it sit on a shelf.
    Yeah and not that this is an excuse, but a lot of actors have done worse and still had their movies come out. William Hurt, Josh Brolin, and Jeremy Renner were all in trouble for way worse and kept their jobs. Hell, they released an Armie Hammer movie this year. What Miller did is pretty awful, but relatively small potatoes compared to those guys.

I think Miller is a better actor than people give them credit for, but obviously having some psychological problems. This seems different than the behavior of somebody that's just abusive or a jerk. It seems really erratic and self destructive. Again, that isn't an excuse, but I have a bit more sympathy for somebody who's suffering and having a meltdown than just a garden variety lowlife.

Anyway, I'm not overly emotionally invested in the personal lives of celebrities. I hope they get the help they need and don't hurt themselves or anybody else. Beyond that, it's really between Miller, WB and the law.

Yeah they need to recast for future films. This is beyond ridiculous now.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I honestly didn't think this could get any worse...

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

They might actually be better off scrapping the whole movie at this point.
    Assassinate Putin!

Best thing they can do is get the dang movie out ASAP, and then move on from him.

This guy will probably never work in Hollywood again, but why did he need to take Barry Allen down with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    This guy will probably never work in Hollywood again, but why did he need to take Barry Allen down with him.
    He hasn't. Just recast and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    He hasn't. Just recast and move on.
    Or maybe they will bring in Wally...although I'm not sure how that would work conceptually.