Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wolverine 20: Two Heads review

Just going to due a quick review today.

Issue starts off from Deadpool's pov. Wade is retelling a story about how Logan stopped a semi full of C4 from blowing up the Treehouse.

Wade is trying to convince Wolverine/the reader why he should be on X-Force, it also shows a bunch of times he has snuck onto Krakoa. Wolverine says no.

Move to Logan asking Sage to hack the CIA, she is hesitant but Logan reminds her that Delores Ramirez, head of the mutant division at the CIA, was at the black market auction and has Wolverine's severed hand. He asks if she can do it, she already did it cause she's that good.

We see Delores at the white house and her assistant leaving with a briefcase handcuffed to the assistants hand. Sage tracks the cellphone the assistant was using and Logan hops a ride with Gateway to say hello.

We see a bunch of dead X-Men along a bunch of dead government agents. The X-Men are all robots, but the agents were real.

Cut to Deadpool, Blind Al helps Wade to try and get back on X-Force, she gives him a file about the Wolverine and the X-Desk at the CIA.

Deadpool is at the site with the robot X-Men and government agents. He and Logan get the briefcase, but then Delores runs up on them in a helicopter. Logan and Wade are running away and Wade is trying to tell Logan how much danger he is really in.

End on a page with Danger.

I always enjoy seeing Logan and Wade together so I was pretty excited for this issue. I thought it was fairly humorous and well paced. Kubert was on art duties so you know it was great.

I am definitely curious where the robot X-Men came from, my guess is the black market are trying to frame the X-Men as repayment for Logan's visit. Percy continues to deliver in this title.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

This was great. Art was stellar, and Percy has a good handle on not only Wolverine’s voice but also Deadpool’s. Hoping this book becomes a Logan and Wade buddy book for a bit, with Danger and Sage and Agent Bannister as supporting cast.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Danger is finally back

Danger! That's awesome.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I don't care for Percy's Deadpool. He felt too forced and childish, even for Wade. I don't blame him for not writing a good DP, since most people can't. But Deadpool brought down an otherwise solid issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Just going to due a quick review today.

Issue starts off from Deadpool's pov. Wade is retelling a story about how Logan stopped a semi full of C4 from blowing up the Treehouse.

Wade is trying to convince Wolverine/the reader why he should be on X-Force, it also shows a bunch of times he has snuck onto Krakoa. Wolverine says no.

Move to Logan asking Sage to hack the CIA, she is hesitant but Logan reminds her that Delores Ramirez, head of the mutant division at the CIA, was at the black market auction and has Wolverine's severed hand. He asks if she can do it, she already did it cause she's that good.

We see Delores at the white house and her assistant leaving with a briefcase handcuffed to the assistants hand. Sage tracks the cellphone the assistant was using and Logan hops a ride with Gateway to say hello.

We see a bunch of dead X-Men along a bunch of dead government agents. The X-Men are all robots, but the agents were real.

Cut to Deadpool, Blind Al helps Wade to try and get back on X-Force, she gives him a file about the Wolverine and the X-Desk at the CIA.

Deadpool is at the site with the robot X-Men and government agents. He and Logan get the briefcase, but then Delores runs up on them in a helicopter. Logan and Wade are running away and Wade is trying to tell Logan how much danger he is really in.

End on a page with Danger.

I always enjoy seeing Logan and Wade together so I was pretty excited for this issue. I thought it was fairly humorous and well paced. Kubert was on art duties so you know it was great.

I am definitely curious where the robot X-Men came from, my guess is the black market are trying to frame the X-Men as repayment for Logan's visit. Percy continues to deliver in this title.
    Blind AL!!!
    My flag is bacon.

Yay Danger! She's been dearly missed!

Now hopefully the next issue won't be affected by the delays, because I can't wait to find out what she's been up to.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I thought this was hilarious and continuing on the good path Ben Percy seems to be on lately. As someone who loves movie Deadpool but doesn't much care for his comics unless it's in a team setting, I'll very much welcome Wade (back) to X-Force when it happens.

Oh and I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how insanely good Adam Kubert’s art is, I don't think he gets enough props.

Yeah, Kubert’s art was top notch in this issue.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Kubert has been specially good lately. People are really missing on his phenomenal art.

I enjoyed this issue. Deadpool is a tough character to get right, and Percy did great with him. Good to know, since Wade is coming to X-Force.

It was cool. Art was ok.

Deadpool's humor always works with me. Not enough interaction with Logan for my taste but we will surely be served soon.

Danger returns, and for once with a book by Percy, curious to know what's next.

Thought this was the weakest Destiny of X launch so far by far. But Danger is intriguing.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Wow, Danger, Deadpool and ForgetMeNot all in this one issue. Hope they all stick around.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I am sorry for asking, but where does the X-Men‘s antipathy against Deadpool come from suddenly? He was good enough to be on the X-Force murder squad, saved Archangel from starving, did every dirty job the others didn’t want to do, he is practically an Avenger.

Every Tom, Dick, and Harry, mutant or not can basically visit Krakoa but he gets denied (so far).

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

So....is Danger going to join Orchis?