Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Don't have it anymore. Ended up watching Korean stuff (pretty good) and some documentaries. Not worth the money for just the Witcher. I get HboMax with my cable, internet package - so there's enough junk to watch.

Hope this doesn't impact their anime division, that's the bulk of what I watch on Netflix.

Also, Boss Baby has always looked terrible to me. I don't want that to be what any streamer aims for.

Netflix, once every major studio decided to take their shows back and start their own streaming service, became the place for more quirky, creative, original programming because they kind of had to. But if their plan is to now become like everyone else and rely on popular "franchises" when they basically don't own any...seems like something doomed to fail.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

so bridgerton, you, arcane and inventing anna are the only things keeping netflix afloat?
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

At the end of the day I’ll get rid of the other streaming services I have before I drop Netflix, ik there’s always going to be something up there to watch. Disney+ would def be the first to go, them marvel shows have not touched me and I can tell the budget is just not there, but that’s also becoming evident in the films as well I must say. I liked bad batch but that’s not enough to keep it. Hbomax would be next, RBW is the only thing I watch from them.

Netflix needs a killer ip like GoT, something that will get people talking and to anticipate. Witcher is good but not good enough. I was thinking about a live action DOTA but they would have to drop that bag and get top tier talent. A fleshed out LA series would be amazing though imo…

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    so bridgerton, you, arcane and inventing anna are the only things keeping netflix afloat?
    Ozark, and I think that Vikings show did numbers. They also have their big budget original films…

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

good supercrooks was trash

arcane is solid though but they have Riot funding either way

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I want for the animation division to survive long enough for Sonic Prime to be released.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Hope this doesn't impact their anime division, that's the bulk of what I watch on Netflix.
    I hope it doesn't, either. I want more of Eden's Zero, Kotaro Lives Alone, Way Of The House Husband. I certainly hope this doesn't affect that anime version of Splinter Cell they are doing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I want for the animation division to survive long enough for Sonic Prime to be released.
    Honestly I'm wondering if Paramount is trying to find a way to get Sonic Prime instead because they're trying to be the new streaming home of Sonic.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Ozark, and I think that Vikings show did numbers. They also have their big budget original films…
    The last kingdom is pretty awesome as well...DOTA: Dragon's blood ..Ultraman... all winners.

Kind of curious how this might impact their deal with Ubisoft to developed properties on Far Cry and Assassin's creed.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of curious how this might impact their deal with Ubisoft to developed properties on Far Cry and Assassin's creed.
    If anything it'll speed it along - the whole thing is they want less creative original stuff and more big name franchise stuff.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Whatever happened with their plans for Narnia stuff? I remember hearing they got the rights and wondered if they'd use that to combat Lord of the Rings and Wheel of Time over on Prime and GOT with HBO, but maybe they figure Witcher has them covered.

I think Tomb Raider and Kong: Skull Island were also meant to get animated projects...

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    If anything it'll speed it along - the whole thing is they want less creative original stuff and more big name franchise stuff.
    Never touched Far Cry, but very interested to see what their Assassins Creed stuff looks like.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Never touched Far Cry, but very interested to see what their Assassins Creed stuff looks like.
    As I recall they mentioned plans for a live action series, an animated series and an anime series for Assassins Creed at the time.