Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Too bad about Bone. Personally, I hope this doesn't mean we won't be getting that Ultraman animated movie that was announced.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/u...le-1234972658/

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Never touched Far Cry, but very interested to see what their Assassins Creed stuff looks like.
    FC doesn't really have any major mythology, it's mainly nice landscapes/lots of animals/crazy hallucinations/OTT villains mixed together.

As for AC there's still plenty of history they can mess around with, they don't really need to adapt the games. I'd actually like to see them animate some of the stuff the games don't show, like Edward Kenway's later years and how his son wound up being a Templar. Also since they overlap each other what would be really cool would be a Conner Vs. Shay story. Or Kassandra practically meeting everyone.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-23-2022 at 05:19 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Too bad about Bone. Personally, I hope this doesn't mean we won't be getting that Ultraman animated movie that was announced.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/u...le-1234972658/
    They're ending their Ultraman anime so I wonder if they're planning to cut their losses with Ultraman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're ending their Ultraman anime so I wonder if they're planning to cut their losses with Ultraman.
    Has Ultraman been a loss for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't know about a "loss," but I've seen theories that the anime wasn't as popular as they wanted it to be (hence the truncated 6-episode season 2).

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    so bridgerton, you, arcane and inventing anna are the only things keeping netflix afloat?
    The Witcher, The Crown, Ozark, Stranger Things too. People also watch a lot of trash reality tv that the platform offers, and the documentaries as well. Then there's foreign content like Elite, previously Money Heist and Korean content like Squid Game and K-Drama of course.

I don't think it's content. It's a combo of the price rise and them hitting the ceiling in terms of subscribers much sooner than Wall Street (who are crap at estimating everything) thought they would.

I'd prefer ads over less content or crackdown on shared passwords as the solution.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 04-25-2022 at 10:57 AM.

I don't know about a "loss," but I've seen theories that the anime wasn't as popular as they wanted it to be (hence the truncated 6-episode season 2).
    The pandemic really delayed the release of season two as well.

They are teasing "The End" on the anime website and a broken Shinjiro Ultraman.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

(And Zetton. Because of course the final boss has to be Zetton...)

I still hope that animated Ultraman movie happens. It sounded kind of quirky and fun.

(And Zetton. Because of course the final boss has to be Zetton...)
    I still hope that animated Ultraman movie happens. It sounded kind of quirky and fun.
    The one with the baseball player turned Ultraman?

Sounds like it is in limbo, not cancelled. Netflix is trying to get Shin onboard as well as Toho and one other Japanese studio.

So it's not dead yet!

I am hopeful Shin Ultraman does well and gets some eyeballs on the anime.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-25-2022 at 02:11 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The one with the baseball player turned Ultraman?

Sounds like it is in limbo, not cancelled. Netflix is trying to get Shin onboard as well as Toho and one other Japanese studio.

So it's not dead yet!

I am hopeful Shin Ultraman does well and gets some eyeballs on the anime.
    I don't remember the baseball bit, just the part where he's taking care of a baby kaiju.

Astonishing Member

I don't remember the baseball bit, just the part where he's taking care of a baby kaiju.
    I believe the story is that a Japanese-American baseball player moves to Japan to play in the Japanese League only to become an Ultraman host. He then finds himself in the position of taking care of a baby kaiju and protecting it from the Earth Defense Force (or whatever they're called in this) who've either gone corrupt or just think the only good kaiju is a dead kaiju.

It sounds to me like they're playing up the cross-cultural stuff and the idea of finding understanding between very different peoples. Hence the Japanese/American and Human/Kaiju dualities as well as including something that transcends culture for Americans and Japanese like baseball.

Fantastic Member

Yeah this makes sense...Netflix needs to stick with stuff that was working for it (Black Mirror, Midnight Mass, Mindhunters) and not expensive animated stuff that seemed to be sometimes for adults...other times for kids

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I believe the story is that a Japanese-American baseball player moves to Japan to play in the Japanese League only to become an Ultraman host. He then finds himself in the position of taking care of a baby kaiju and protecting it from the Earth Defense Force (or whatever they're called in this) who've either gone corrupt or just think the only good kaiju is a dead kaiju.

It sounds to me like they're playing up the cross-cultural stuff and the idea of finding understanding between very different peoples. Hence the Japanese/American and Human/Kaiju dualities as well as including something that transcends culture for Americans and Japanese like baseball.
    From what I recalled the Host was succeeding their father as Ultraman only to kind of buck what people expect by protecting a baby Kaiju.

So Ultraman Season 3 comes out in 2023. S3 is being billed as the final season.

‘Ultraman’ Season 3: Renewed for Final Season and Coming in 2023

As for the movie...

Netflix's Ultraman Movie Looks Ultra-Stylish

They're going the Spiderverse route.

Teaser is coming in October.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-12-2022 at 09:15 PM.