Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    With how often Marvel finds a way to twist what people ask for, I’m questioning just how many fingers the monkey’s paw they’re using has.
    Like those hand spider monsters from Elden Ring perhaps?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Which is sad I wanted X Men Spider-Man Crossovers, but not like this. Not like this...
    Another Onslaught parallel, maybe. People had wanted to see the X-Men be less isolated from the wider Marvel universe and fight alongside the Avengers and Fantastic Four, and they finally did... just so those teams could be killed off and removed from the main Marvel Universe for a whole year.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Like those hand spider monsters from Elden Ring perhaps?
    I don’t know what that is but it sounds horrifying.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I don’t know what that is but it sounds horrifying.
    Then perhaps it's better to not elaborate. Simply put, from what i recall, it has 12 fingers.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Ahh, I was not aware of the Jackal/Sinister rivalry. Good call.
    Thanks. In a nutshell, Jackal was raiding Sinister's labs for genetic material he could use in his own experiments and whipped up a bunch of spider-powered mutant hybrids, which Scarlet Spider (Kaine) confronted alongside the Superior Spider-Man (Otto Octavius in Peter Parker's body). Then Wolverines #5-6 came along and had Sinister with a set of Scarlet Spider clones based on Ben Reilly, which I'd interpret as Sinister jabbing at Jackal for stealing from him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think I'd be fine with it if they had built up to it or better established it (I mean, with all those Data Pages) but not just thrown in out of nowhere to set up a shock value twist. That's not even in the pages of her home book.
    Yeah they def. just skipped it to get to the bad sh*t

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I dont love the Spidey franchise. I luv more MJ than Spidey if this can work with MJ as a mutant cool. retconect her origin and stuff dont care

We lose the twins give us the redhead.

Maybe MJ power is to be a credible actress
    Well editors should care about both and this is terrible for MJ

Honestly, I'm thinking that Marvel is trying to get that Krakoa success to go over to the Spider-Man comics, while ignoring the fact that the Krakoa success is based largely in giving fans what they've wanted for over a decade.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Honestly, I'm thinking that Marvel is trying to get that Krakoa success to go over to the Spider-Man comics, while ignoring the fact that the Krakoa success is based largely in giving fans what they've wanted for over a decade.
    Well ASM has been selling better than X-books, they've been on the top of the charts even though we get like 3 a week so Idk how this is a sales thing

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Well ASM has been selling better than X-books, they've been on the top of the charts even though we get like 3 a week so Idk how this is a sales thing
    Has it? We haven't had very reliable sources for sales since Marvel left Diamond. Just sources that use a limited amount of comic shops for reference. I'm sure ASM is in the top 15, top 20 at worst, but not necessarily better than, say, Duggan's X-Men.

And also there's the whole "creative bankruptcy" thought.

Extraordinary Member

Has it? We haven't had very reliable sources for sales since Marvel left Diamond. Just sources that use a limited amount of comic shops for reference. I'm sure ASM is in the top 15, top 20 at worst, but not necessarily better than, say, Duggan's X-Men.

And also there's the whole "creative bankruptcy" thought.
    Well it's been consistently top of the charts, higher than all X book/Marvel titles w/ only competition being number 1's and Batman.And that's w/ Spencer's run and Beyond and now we're getting a new number one.

I agree it's creatively bankrupt(and the leaks are not an improvement), but it's selling very well

Also Kraven seems to be involved w/ X-force so more Spidey/x-men tie-ins
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 04-21-2022 at 09:58 PM.

I just want the original Moira back.

Krakoa success? Spider man books are doing really well, probably better than x-men ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I just want the original Moira back.
    @Percy and maybe she'll be back in 3-4 years. Maybe.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I don't think there's been a single thing about Zeb Well's run that looks even slightly interesting. The big android sinester 6 villain seems dumb, his Beyond arc ended terribly and feels like a waste of time, Romita JR on art is a bad choice regardless if people want to still pretend he's still a good artist

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Well it's been consistently top of the charts, higher than all X book/Marvel titles w/ only competition being number 1's and Batman.And that's w/ Spencer's run and Beyond and now we're getting a new number one.

I agree it's creatively bankrupt(and the leaks are not an improvement), but it's selling very well

Also Kraven seems to be involved w/ X-force so more Spidey/x-men tie-ins
    I imagine the reasons Spider-Man is outperforming X-Men is why they've decided to try and latch both franchises together, so X-Books can ride the wave off of whatever good will Spider-titles have left.

Spencer's run sold well because it promised the moon when it came to addressing OMD and resolving it. When it didn't, some readers might have stayed loyal to the Beyond arc not realizing Spencer was gone, and many began complaining about Peter and Ben's treatment, and then the book ended with a surge in outrage dollars (Ben and Chasm)