Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I was just teasing, j.! I know you’re feeling defensive on behalf of our beautiful mutants because you perceive that they’re being dragged through the mud. I just wanted you to vent.
    No seriously that was it. I honestly don't care at this point so there is nothing to vent. That was literally all I have in way of thoughts of this. I'm not going to get it so it is what it is. Lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    No seriously that was it. I honestly don't care at this point so there is nothing to vent. That was literally all I have in way of thoughts of this. I'm not going to get it so it is what it is. Lol
    Have hope! Our mutants are primed for prime treatment!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Is Krakoa going to burn…?
    No... Krakoa may survive.
    Maybe Mars will become a dead planet!?

Astonishing Member

omg is this for real? LMAO!! Yo marvel just flat out said F)#)3 it we comparing mutants to monkeys. like wow.
    I mean the one who said it is Druig who is notoriously an ******* and is currently sided with Thanos so I don't really think it's Marvel calling the mutants monkeys but rather Druig being written in character. Besides Gillen has made it pretty clear that the Eternals are the bad guys of this event so I'm pretty sure this ends with the X-Men, Avengers, and (good), Eternals triumphing with the Ressurection Protocols being revealed on both sides and ramifications of that spiraling out of it. We do know that the Eternals make the preemptive strike against the X-men so I can imagine the mutants getting their butts kicked during ACT 1.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    No... Krakoa may survive.
    Maybe Mars will become a dead planet!?
    Doubtful. It's barely been a year since they terraformed Mars and Arrako is still very much going to be the backdrop of X-Men: RED.

BANNED

BC mentions that Odins Avengers were involved with Eternals

Astonishing Member

omg is this for real? LMAO!! Yo marvel just flat out said F)#)3 it we comparing mutants to monkeys. like wow.
    Gillen said the externals were going to be the bad guys, and this shows that they are indeed the bad guys. I’d feel bad for eternal fans because this a strange way to promote eternals after the movie. I mean I didn’t like the movie, but for anyone who did and wanted to check out some comics, only to have marvel go, lol, no they suck, look what jerks they are! At least you’re favorites on the ‘good side’,lol

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Gillen said the externals were going to be the bad guys, and this shows that they are indeed the bad guys. I’d feel bad for eternal fans because this a strange way to promote eternals after the movie. I mean I didn’t like the movie, but for anyone who did and wanted to check out some comics, only to have marvel go, lol, no they suck, look what jerks they are! At least you’re favorites on the ‘good side’,lol
    This is what I was thinking too.

I wonder if this a stealthy way to sunset them because their film didn't reach the expected critical acclaim (similar to Inhumans TV show) ?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    This is what I was thinking too.

I wonder if this a stealthy way to sunset them because their film didn't reach the expected critical acclaim (similar to Inhumans TV show) ?
    But why give them such a push then? It's not like there were throngs of people clamoring for more Eternals content. Why not just let them fade away? If Marvel wanted to be shunt them back off into obscurity, why make them a focal point of the biggest event of the year and put them on par with their two biggest properties?

BANNED

Money!!!!! Eternals were recently escalated with popularity due to the film. Same as Inhumans during IvX. But Marvel has terminated Inhumans appearing in the MU because Marvel flopped with Inhumans show but at least they cash grabbed with the event. Pretty sure same thing will happen Eternals. They already have flopped with the film. It's sad but its true. And pls don't say that Inhumans were bunch of fodders before this. They had too much impact during the line when Hickman and Abnett were writing them.
    Last edited by Vishop; 04-24-2022 at 09:31 PM.

Ultimately, I think all three groups will be redeemed by the end of this event. This “battle” will bring them closer together.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    But why give them such a push then? It's not like there were throngs of people clamoring for more Eternals content. Why not just let them fade away? If Marvel wanted to be shunt them back off into obscurity, why make them a focal point of the biggest event of the year and put them on par with their two biggest properties?
    The push happened before the film was released, similar to the Inhumans and when Inhumans turned out to be a train wreck we got Death of The Inhumans

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Money!!!!! Eternals were recently escalated with popularity due to the film. Same as Inhumans during IvX. But Marvel has terminated Inhumans appearing in the MU because Marvel flopped with Inhumans show but at least they cash grabbed with the event. Pretty sure same thing will happen Eternals. They already have flopped with the film. It's sad but its true. And pls don't say that Inhumans were bunch of fodders before this. They had too much impact during the line when Hickman and Abnett were writing them.

100% The Inhumans were gearing up to the next big thing especially when it was rumored that Vin Diesel was going to be Black Bolt but it completely fell apart.

I think Marvel thought that the Eternals would have been the next big sci-fi part of the MCU especially since GoTG is winding down, but it landed with a thud.

Not only that but then Hickman came along and made the X-Men ultra sci-fi and cosmic with ties to every corner of the Marvel Universe.

So why have two redundant teams, especially if one is beyond more popular than anything else in the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    BC mentions that Odins Avengers were involved with Eternals
    Ah, good to know, thanks.

Ultimately, I think all three groups will be redeemed by the end of this event. This “battle” will bring them closer together.
    That's be nice, having a repeat of AvX or IvX would be obnoxious.

But since I don't trust Marvel at all, I'll expect either one and be happy if I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

It really feels like Inhumans vs. X-Men 2.0. Maybe we will get a new Avengers team after the event....

#Hobopissgate chapter2?

Sadly, I couldn't care less about the Eternals. They are so absolutely boring to me. I prefer the Inhumans...

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Sadly, I couldn't care less about the Eternals. They are so absolutely boring to me. I prefer the Inhumans...
    Inhumans drive me mad.

Eternals put me to sleep.

So I guess E > I for me as sleep is better for one's mental state than constant rage.