Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm going to have to take your word on most of this because honestly i could be shaping my teenaged memories of the other to make a devils advocate argument here. ^_^ But you know, for me there was no Gwen. A little off topic. So as a reader to see her get all that push and all that shine made no sense to me. The spiderman cartoon came on when the x-men one did and batman so those were the first things i think most of my generation into comics got into and MJ was all up in the cartoon and the sunday strip which i actually read before i saw the cartoon so i think it was OMD and then the i will admit it lack of understanding resentment for this stanning of Gwen and all she got out of it that kept me from going back but the funny thing is i actually like gwenpool. and the gwen book, the one where MJ was her friend and in her band (the only reason i got it) was actually pretty good but while i could follow Gwen i could never get fully back in the main line. Though i've tried a few times, usually when MJ is promoted.

looking up the years my earliest twenties so yeah. lol i'm def going to have to take your word for it. lol
    Gwen getting that push happened because she's a popular name in the franchise, even if fans have no idea who she actually is.

A few years before Spider-Gwen we got Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon, which had her as a main character and someone Spidey wanted to be with, and Amazing Spider-Man movie had her as the only love interest, both of which popularized Gwen's character to the casual public (And obnoxiously enough, her personality in ASM movie is basically MJ as a scientist), combine those things with Spider-Gwen having a cool design and yeah, no wonder she became popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Bruh when we said we wanted Peter and MJ at the gala this is NOT what we meant, tf is this.And Peter and MJ seem to be on the outs so they somehow made this fridging-esque plot even worse.Rushed dementia that was never introduced, problems we could have seen but instead get a page full of exposition.MF Stark gets a name drop but no Spider-man reference so far

A pathetic and bad OOC MJ
    Welcome to Marvel, where we respect our most iconic civillian love interest as much as Jason Aaron respects Thor .

Hickman must be rolling his eyes at what they've done to gis work
    To be fair, that is something to be expected of comic books lol.

Unlikely, not just because it's an X-event but also because Marvel seems hellbent on breaking up PeterMJ
    Just wait, they'll make another OMD where they say Peter and MJ never got together to begin with .

Man if this joke becomes reality then Marvel can eat a giant pile of shit...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Always found that point to be silly, racism is arbitrary, it's unfair, people may make excuses for hating one group while liking another that does the same thing.

That's about the best thing the mutant metaphor can teach, and it's not even intentional, Marvel just never gave an answer, and this lack of answer just happens to work with how dumb racism is.

Most likely no, 'cause Moira is going back to a some point she was a fetus, if a clone was created yesterday then Moira clone's power will allow it to travel to only yesterday, Sinister would need to be aware of Moira's power before Krakoa was created to have a clone that can go that far back.

Meaning Moira's real body being dead ends the possibility of her resetting the timeline, unless Marvel comes up with some dumb excuse.

I have no idea what's up with all of those guesses, Moira's power allows her mind to travel back in time, I seriously doubt it's connected to other time traveling nonsense, much less connected with other Moiras, she herself travels back in time alone, and that's about it as far as we're told.

I really don't think Marvel will use an X-Men comic to reset Spider-Man, that kind of shit would happen in ASM lol.
    Moria can send her mind back to the past? Is that how it works, if so I cant help but notice how similar that was to Omega Red and Wolverine recently going back in the past via mind only.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Ultimately, I think all three groups will be redeemed by the end of this event. This “battle” will bring them closer together.
    Correctamundo
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Let us always cherish the scientist and mutant ally Moira McTaggert as Marvel turns Moira Kinross into pure psycho mutant villain.

Looks like they are trying to tie the X-Men back into Marvel more and more.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Gwen getting that push happened because she's a popular name in the franchise, even if fans have no idea who she actually is.

A few years before Spider-Gwen we got Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon, which had her as a main character and someone Spidey wanted to be with, and Amazing Spider-Man movie had her as the only love interest, both of which popularized Gwen's character to the casual public (And obnoxiously enough, her personality in ASM movie is basically MJ as a scientist), combine those things with Spider-Gwen having a cool design and yeah, no wonder she became popular.
    Also, the whole reason Spectacular Gwen came out of her shell in later episodes was because Mary Jane encouraged and assisted in her make-overs. Had the show continued like Wiesman wanted, MJ would have been the intended endgame somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Also, the whole reason Spectacular Gwen came out of her shell in later episodes was because Mary Jane encouraged and assisted in her make-overs. Had the show continued like Wiesman wanted, MJ would have been the intended endgame somehow
    Ditto for the Amazing films where Shailene Woodley's MJ had to edited out last minute to be saved for a third film that ended up being a casualty of the Sony/Marvel deal.

Couple that with Spectacular getting canceled when it did because Disney/Marvel wanted to make their own show and MJ becomes queen of getting f**ked over by the Mouse House once every 3-4 years. Traumatized former Disney Channel stars are shaking.

On another side note. I'm calling jobbing on Captain Marvel being able to just snap Rogue neck. I been reading Captain Marvel and she isn't even showing that level of strength in her own book. lol. I didn't even notice it the first time but did in the Mary Jane thread. lol

From the captain marvel annual that features the star jammers.

captainmarvelannual.jpg

to be fair though, the mission was kind of to get arrested. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-26-2022 at 06:08 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Thinking about it further, the kree may be next for the Eternals because Bean would literally be a deviant by their current standard.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thinking about it further, the kree may be next for the Eternals because Bean would literally be a deviant by their current standard.
    And weren't the Kree trying to force themselves to evolve because they were at a genetic dead end, otherwise?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Team Moira!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And weren't the Kree trying to force themselves to evolve because they were at a genetic dead end, otherwise?
    If i'm honest i'm not the most verse on kree history in general (or rather i should say most of my kree history is from capt marvel and their appearances here in there in FF etc.)but based on the description of Bean in the issue it certainly seems so.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You know it all makes sense though reading this post. Like everything that brings, joy, and life, and now even immortality, marvel has been on a mission to destroy with one more day, and dark avengers, and civil war, and Everything Dies. They really try to nail home the everything dies, in a world of status quos at that. I don't know why but this really simplified a lot of what i've felt about marvel for awhile before some rebirth started to happen If i wanted to read DC, i'd be a DC fan. I think this basically just really colorizes my feel of the lost of hope in the marvel u. i just don't know how intentional it is or just how many angry writers there are. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Also, the whole reason Spectacular Gwen came out of her shell in later episodes was because Mary Jane encouraged and assisted in her make-overs.
    I find that to be hilarious and wonder if there's meta humor going on.

Gwen had a drastic personality shift once Ditko left, before she got together with Peter her personality and looks became "MJ-lite" (Her hair style change is even pointed out in-universe to be similar to MJ's), so having MJ be the one who does a make-over to Gwen in Spectacular, yeah, just funny to me.

Had the show continued like Wiesman wanted, MJ would have been the intended endgame somehow
    There were plans to kill off Gwen in a direct to DVD movie.

Weisman also mentioned that all he was doing was be smart enough to emulate the reason ASM was popular to begin with, for the characters to age, for the stories to become more mature after a while, let the audience grow with the character, so yeah, with stuff like that happening, killing off Gwen wouldn't be too far fetched.

I honestly don't think Gwen would really need to be killed for Peter and Gwen to get together though, they're both immature jerkasses to love interests and MJ is trying as hard as she can to not get too involved with people, they all basically have no experience and Peter and Gwen in particular may be overrating each other.

On another side note. I'm calling jobbing on Captain Marvel being able to just snap Rogue neck. I been reading Captain Marvel and she isn't even showing that level of strength in her own book. lol. I didn't even notice it the first time but did in the Mary Jane thread. lol

From the captain marvel annual that features the star jammers.

captainmarvelannual.jpg

to be fair though, the mission was kind of to get arrested. lol
    Carol would need to get her Binary powers back to surpass Rogue that much, yeah lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    He said Editorial mandate in a Reddit Ama just before Devil's Reign and that's why he loved writing DD, DD is a title where writers can do what they want

Yeah Bat isn't nearly as Editorially mandated as Spidey, Bat-fans aren't less vocal IMO.Look at Tom King's run, but they have had better runs and even then multiple comics for Batman even in comparison to Peter
    Zdarsky has been given green from DC to outside continuity. Unlike Marvel who forced a Daredevil/Fisk rivalry into a event.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Given what's been presented, it does seem like another IvX.

However, this does seem much better thought out, and has an understandable reasoning. Eternals can't go against their programming (for a lack of a better words), and you can see why they're targeting the X-Men. Inhumans letting the cloud roam around just cause was lame, and made it hard to feel anything for them. But it does get tiresome how Marvel constantly has the X-Men getting attacked by their other franchises, and is a big reason as to why I like my X-Men feeling more secluded form the rest of the MU.

Hopefully we get to see the X-Men really give it to the Eternals.
    I don't know why it is to be said that X-Men are victims of Vs events. It only vanished other franchises like Inhumans inadvertently. As long there is a x-fandom the X-Men will have comics