Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

What Moira MacTaggert Did Next (Free Comic Book Day Spoilers)

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/what...-day-spoilers/
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

I vote they end the story by having an eternal resurrect and take moira's soul. lol. Just be like "Rest girl, your plot has ended..." lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

But seriously isn't all this made moot by the fact that sinister has multiple backup moira's on file he uses to reset the timeline. meaning sinister has to have at least one moira that can reset beyond current moira. so i just really don't get it. you can take down robo moira by just killing current moira because without her mutant power wouldn't moira consciousness not have any idea of what occured here because time was reset by a cloned moira. And if that isn't the case and moira has multiple consciousness doesn't that invalidate the argument that she destroys all of reality when she does die. or are we saying the clones are asleep and all of their consciousness are connected and thus all their minds are sucked into that reset, but then wouldn't that also take out the consciousness of terminator moira if we are to believe she is in fact moira. or are we just suppose to believe sinister doesn't have a single moira before inferno when based on immortal it looks like he is the one who may have mapped out the years of moira's lives so he could manipulate them.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Oh and i also want to go on record as saying if all this ends with MJ ending up with Moira's X-gene and resetting the spiderverse and the MU to make it one with a krakoa and arrako in time for the spider man reboot and the other books just pick up where they are, i'll be the first one to tip my hat. lmao

OH man and because MJ is half the age of moira one could reset A LOT and not a lot at the same time and the stipulation on her power was that it effects those she came in direct contact with more like the mutants so MJ in the spiderverse while the rest of the world is mainly oblivious. lol. it could totally work.

I really have given myself quite the mental thrill here. lol. What better way to break One More Day than with 10 Possibly 11 lives. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-25-2022 at 03:35 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But seriously isn't all this made moot by the fact that sinister has multiple backup moira's on file he uses to reset the timeline. meaning sinister has to have at least one moira that can reset beyond current moira. so i just really don't get it. you can take down robo moira by just killing current moira because without her mutant power wouldn't moira consciousness not have any idea of what occured here because time was reset by a cloned moira. And if that isn't the case and moira has multiple consciousness doesn't that invalidate the argument that she destroys all of reality when she does die. or are we saying the clones are asleep and all of their consciousness are connected and thus all their minds are sucked into that reset, but then wouldn't that also take out the consciousness of terminator moira if we are to believe she is in fact moira. or are we just suppose to believe sinister doesn't have a single moira before inferno when based on immortal it looks like he is the one who may have mapped out the years of moira's lives so he could manipulate them.
    There does seem to be a lot we still don't understand --- or that Marvel hasn't seen fit to reveal and clarify --- yet about the nature of Moira's temporal resets and how they impact the overall MU timeline. That said, I wouldn't mind Sinister being the mastermind of all this mess, as he's already betrayed Krakoa in multiple previous lives/incarnations and this would just be the latest. Likely enough, he just sees Krakoa as a giant, nation-sized petri dish for his experiments with mutant DNA, and having (nearly) all the mutants in the world gathered in one place gives him all the resources he needs for those experiments.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Which is exactly, why I give anyone the side eye who states anything to the effect, "But...but real people would never engage so irrationally, why is the government ALLOWING this to happen to mutant, well mutants are weapons of mass destruction, why do humans in the Marvel U love the Avengers/FF/etc. but hate the X-men, it's not realistic.
    Always found that point to be silly, racism is arbitrary, it's unfair, people may make excuses for hating one group while liking another that does the same thing.

That's about the best thing the mutant metaphor can teach, and it's not even intentional, Marvel just never gave an answer, and this lack of answer just happens to work with how dumb racism is.

But seriously isn't all this made moot by the fact that sinister has multiple backup moira's on file he uses to reset the timeline. meaning sinister has to have at least one moira that can reset beyond current moira. so i just really don't get it.
    Most likely no, 'cause Moira is going back to a some point she was a fetus, if a clone was created yesterday then Moira clone's power will allow it to travel to only yesterday, Sinister would need to be aware of Moira's power before Krakoa was created to have a clone that can go that far back.

Meaning Moira's real body being dead ends the possibility of her resetting the timeline, unless Marvel comes up with some dumb excuse.

you can take down robo moira by just killing current moira because without her mutant power wouldn't moira consciousness not have any idea of what occured here because time was reset by a cloned moira. And if that isn't the case and moira has multiple consciousness doesn't that invalidate the argument that she destroys all of reality when she does die. or are we saying the clones are asleep and all of their consciousness are connected and thus all their minds are sucked into that reset, but then wouldn't that also take out the consciousness of terminator moira if we are to believe she is in fact moira. or are we just suppose to believe sinister doesn't have a single moira before inferno when based on immortal it looks like he is the one who may have mapped out the years of moira's lives so he could manipulate them.
    I have no idea what's up with all of those guesses, Moira's power allows her mind to travel back in time, I seriously doubt it's connected to other time traveling nonsense, much less connected with other Moiras, she herself travels back in time alone, and that's about it as far as we're told.

Oh and i also want to go on record as saying if all this ends with MJ ending up with Moira's X-gene and resetting the spiderverse and the MU to make it one with a krakoa and arrako in time for the spider man reboot and the other books just pick up where they are, i'll be the first one to tip my hat. lmao

OH man and because MJ is half the age of moira one could reset A LOT and not a lot at the same time and the stipulation on her power was that it effects those she came in direct contact with more like the mutants so MJ in the spiderverse while the rest of the world is mainly oblivious. lol. it could totally work.

I really have given myself quite the mental thrill here. lol. What better way to break One More Day than with 10 Possibly 11 lives. lol
    I really don't think Marvel will use an X-Men comic to reset Spider-Man, that kind of shit would happen in ASM lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Always found that point to be silly, racism is arbitrary, it's unfair, people may make excuses for hating one group while liking another that does the same thing.

That's about the best thing the mutant metaphor can teach, and it's not even intentional, Marvel just never gave an answer, and this lack of answer just happens to work with how dumb racism is.

Most likely no, 'cause Moira is going back to a some point she was a fetus, if a clone was created yesterday then Moira clone's power will allow it to travel to only yesterday, Sinister would need to be aware of Moira's power before Krakoa was created to have a clone that can go that far back.

Meaning Moira's real body being dead ends the possibility of her resetting the timeline, unless Marvel comes up with some dumb excuse.

I have no idea what's up with all of those guesses, Moira's power allows her mind to travel back in time, I seriously doubt it's connected to other time traveling nonsense, much less connected with other Moiras, she herself travels back in time alone, and that's about it as far as we're told.

I really don't think Marvel will use an X-Men comic to reset Spider-Man, that kind of shit would happen in ASM lol
    I wouldn't be so sure. They used Avengers comics to decimate mutants, Avengers comics to register them, inhuman/avengers comics to gas them and now external comics to wipe them(or rather judge them with the intent too, and also from what it seems like define them) out because they are an invasive hive mind. At some point some other franchise is going to have to take one. lol They have definitely opened the door for so if all spider totems and spider people get together will they be considered a hive mind, asgardians, what makes them different, skrulls are on average arguably more power than mutants overall. Or is it just the community thing, is the story one should never strive for community because to do so you automatically will conform to one mind. What's the line between that an anarchy. A lot of questions and comparisons baked into this. What specifically makes mutants coming together as a super powered community so dangerous in the MU especially given their history in it. This are questions this path opens up at least for me. So let me go have several seats.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-25-2022 at 04:42 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I wouldn't be so sure. They used Avengers comics to decimate mutants, Avengers comics to register them, inhuman/avengers comics to gas them and now external comics to wipe them(or rather judge them with the intent too, and also from what it seems like define them) out because they are an invasive hive mind. At some point some other franchise is going to have to take one. lol They have definitely opened the door for so if all spider totems and spider people get together will they be considered a hive mind, asgardians, what makes them different, skrulls are on average arguably more power than mutants overall. Or is it just the community thing, is the story one should never strive for community because to do so you automatically will conform to one mind. What's the line between that an anarchy. A lot of questions and comparisons baked into this. What specifically makes mutants coming together as a super powered community so dangerous in the MU especially given their history in it. This are questions this path opens up at least for me. So let me go have several seats.
    And just to add the real failure of this was assuming based on whatever information they were receiving that x-fans would be clamoring for these stories. Avenger fans were mad that people only read House of M didn't give a frack that wanda went crazy because guess what, they didn't read those books, not most, and a lot had no obligation to go read those books to find out why all of a sudden wanda was hidinng out with her father after killing all her friends because she lost her children and the rest of the long history they assumed a whole other franchise would be clamoring to read.

Or that they would research why Black bolt released a gas. You can't ostracize a franchise from the biggest moments and the biggest decisions in a shared universe and then expect or demand a fans to catch up with that stuff because it now affects the narratives of the stories the are reading when their characters weren't even a part of it. Like why would any x-fan go out their way to find out what is happening with the eternals that is now affecting mutants when they didn't even guest star or feature in the book outside of a few lines directed at mutants. all they are going to do is go on the x-stories and form their opinions on those because they didn't do the work to include them. In hindsight you can only laugh at the hubris.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I wouldn't be so sure. They used Avengers comics to decimate mutants, Avengers comics to register them, inhuman/avengers comics to gas them and now external comics to wipe them(or rather judge them with the intent too, and also from what it seems like define them) out because they are an invasive hive mind. At some point some other franchise is going to have to take one. lol
    Those were event comics with X-Men being at least involved in.

Then again, Gala is also an event but apparently will be just one issue long, it's be against Marvel's nonsense to have something this big happen in one issue, they drag events obnoxiously lol.

They have definitely opened the door for so if all spider totems and spider people get together will they be considered a hive mind, asgardians, what makes them different, skrulls are on average arguably more power than mutants overall. Or is it just the community thing, is the story one should never strive for community because to do so you automatically will conform to one mind. What's the line between that an anarchy. A lot of questions and comparisons baked into this. What specifically makes mutants coming together as a super powered community so dangerous in the MU especially given their history in it. This are questions this path opens up at least for me. So let me go have several seats.
    The hive mind nonsense with the monkeys was considered a deviation because they got telepathy advanced enough that they literally got a hive mind, which according to that grey guy it could expland infinitely, not applicable to the X-Men even though they have plenty of telepaths, they haven't shown signs of trying to make a hive mind.

I think Eternals are against X-Men because they learned of the resurrection process and consider that a deviation, not that there are a bunch of power houses living together.

Plus even if just a bunch of people working together were to be considered a deviantion, then the spiders still wouldn't be considered one, 'cause there's only Spidey, Gwen, Ben, Kaine, Miles, Black Tarantula, Jessica, Julia, Charlotte, Anya, Cindy, and probably that Spider-Society chick who replaced Anya as a hunter, meaning, not even 15, super-hero groups may have more than in their reserve membership, about half of those spend most of their time in limbo, and the other spiders mostly don't work together, so yeah, even if "a bunch of people are working together" were to be considered deviations, then the Spiders still wouldn't be considered a deviation.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 04-25-2022 at 05:07 PM.

Those were event comics with X-Men being at least involved in.

Then again, Gala is also an event but apparently will be just one issue long, it's be against Marvel's nonsense to have something this big happen in one issue, they drag events obnoxiously lol.

The hive mind nonsense with the monkeys was considered a deviation because they got telepathy advanced enough that they literally got a hive mind, which according to that grey guy it could expland infinitely, not applicable to the X-Men even though they have plenty of telepaths, they haven't shown signs of trying to make a hive mind.

I think Eternals are against X-Men because they learned of the resurrection process and consider that a deviation, not that there are a bunch of power houses living together.

Plus even if just a bunch of people working together were to be considered a deviantion, then the spiders still wouldn't be considered one, 'cause there's only Spidey, Miles, Black Tarantula, Jessica, Julia, Charlotte, Anya, Cindy, and probably that Spider-Society chick who replaced Anya as a hunter, meaning, less than 10, super-hero groups may have more than this, and the other spiders mostly don't work together, so yeah, even if "a bunch of people are working together" were to be considered deviations, then the Spiders still wouldn't be considered a deviation.
    This ignores the stories with madam web showing that there is a deeper connection between spiders. also we know most spiders have children who have spider powers and are mutants such as mayday parker, jessican drew son, ben i believe is his name, may day little brother in the future. etc. So while immortality may be the main reason which is still weak since orochis and moira both have apparently conquered death meaning humans have joined the race and the fact humans were ready to give up all existence of humanity as we know it and literally become a hive mind at some point it just as easily stands to reason, more so that Spiders would as well. I mean they already at point in a sense shared consciousness and one could say the spider sense is a hive sensation. This also ignores Spiderman, the Other. I was a big spidey fan before they did my girl MJ dirty.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

This ignores the stories with madam web showing that there is a deeper connection between spiders.
    It doesn't because they're not a hive mind.

also we know most spiders have children who have spider powers and are mutants such as mayday parker, jessican drew son, ben i believe is his name, may day little brother in the future. etc.
    Jessica is literally the only Spider with a spider-child in 616, everything else are other universes that Eternals aren't aware of, plus, groups of powered people isn't the stated reason why Eternals are going after the X-Men, and if they were to care about groups of powered people, spiders would be low in their priority list 'cause X-gene exists lol.

So while immortality may be the main reason which is still weak since orochis and moira both have apparently conquered death
    Moira is one individual they're not aware of, and Orchis only somewhat conquered death with Nimrod, and even then having people becoming robots like him is not normal since he's the only one.

meaning humans have joined the race and the fact humans were ready to give up all existence of humanity as we know it and literally become a hive mind at some point it just as easily stands to reason,
    That's on the far future, which the Eternals aren't aware of, though it is noticeable that the future doesn't mention Eternals trying to stop the Phalanx now that you mention it.

more so that Spiders would as well. I mean they already at point in a sense shared consciousness
    They don't lol.

At best we can have rare situations like when Jessica (Actually Veranke) said she felt when Spidey got killed by Morlun back in The Other, but shit like that are exceptions, not the rule, and it' still not a shared consciousness.

and one could say the spider sense is a hive sensation.
    It isn't, it's just a weak precognition, a hive mind would require to have other minds to be in there, to, y'know, be a hive, and the closest thing to that would be shit like when they all sense the same thing, which's, just them sensing the same danger and not their minds being connected in a hive.

This also ignores Spiderman, the Other.
    The Other has no indications of a hive mind, closest thing of that is the Other being who's composed of a bunch of spiders, which's one mind controlling many bodies, so that wouldn't be a hive mind either.

I was a big spidey fan before they did my girl MJ dirty.
    They unfortunately do that every few years, even before OMD there were attempts to sideline, write her poorly or kill her off, it's hella obnoxious.

It doesn't because they're not a hive mind.

Jessica is literally the only Spider with a spider-child in 616, everything else are other universes that Eternals aren't aware of, plus, groups of powered people isn't the stated reason why Eternals are going after the X-Men, and if they were to care about groups of powered people, spiders would be low in their priority list 'cause X-gene exists lol.

Moira is one individual they're not aware of, and Orchis only somewhat conquered death with Nimrod, and even then having people becoming robots like him is not normal since he's the only one.

That's on the far future, which the Eternals aren't aware of, though it is noticeable that the future doesn't mention Eternals trying to stop the Phalanx now that you mention it.

They don't lol.

At best we can have rare situations like when Jessica (Actually Veranke) said she felt when Spidey got killed by Morlun back in The Other, but shit like that are exceptions, not the rule, and it' still not a shared consciousness.

It isn't, it's just a weak precognition, a hive mind would require to have other minds to be in there, to, y'know, be a hive, and the closest thing to that would be shit like when they all sense the same thing, which's, just them sensing the same danger and not their minds being connected in a hive.

The Other has no indications of a hive mind, closest thing of that is the Other being who's composed of a bunch of spiders, which's one mind controlling many bodies, so that wouldn't be a hive mind either.

They unfortunately do that every few years, even before OMD there were attempts to sideline, write her poorly or kill her off, it's hella obnoxious.
    I'm going to have to take your word on most of this because honestly i could be shaping my teenaged memories of the other to make a devils advocate argument here. ^_^ But you know, for me there was no Gwen. A little off topic. So as a reader to see her get all that push and all that shine made no sense to me. The spiderman cartoon came on when the x-men one did and batman so those were the first things i think most of my generation into comics got into and MJ was all up in the cartoon and the sunday strip which i actually read before i saw the cartoon so i think it was OMD and then the i will admit it lack of understanding resentment for this stanning of Gwen and all she got out of it that kept me from going back but the funny thing is i actually like gwenpool. and the gwen book, the one where MJ was her friend and in her band (the only reason i got it) was actually pretty good but while i could follow Gwen i could never get fully back in the main line. Though i've tried a few times, usually when MJ is promoted.

looking up the years my earliest twenties so yeah. lol i'm def going to have to take your word for it. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-25-2022 at 05:41 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Fantastic Member

The one thing i can't get past, since i have some time is what i alluded to earlier about if this is about brining the mu together it would have been the perfect time for the avengers and eternals to actually come with solutions. Except you have the colonizers of midgard talking about how we can't let other beings get too powerful and outpower us because asgards together isn't a hive mind, or eternals that can literally be overriden by a machine to think the same thoughts aren't a hive mind but mutants who we have seen vary greatly are a threat of becoming one. Why? It would have been great to use this to bring orichis to a head, eternals find out about orichis and their abomination of immortality and how their ultimate goal is to surrender everything that the eternals are supposedly trying to protect by giving away their humanity to the phalanx to literally become a hive mind. The avengers step in to protect humans and mutants step up as well, humanity finds out about orichis and turns on them too now you have everybody trying to find a way toverride and bring the eternals back so they can stop orichis and nimrod. But no, let's go the long way around with the mutants again but it's okay, no matter what we say or do they aren't the villains. it's just for me laughable.
    You haven't read AXE. It hasn't been released. This is the wrong time to explain how the story was written wrong.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

Bruh when we said we wanted Peter and MJ at the gala this is NOT what we meant, tf is this.And Peter and MJ seem to be on the outs so they somehow made this fridging-esque plot even worse.Rushed dementia that was never introduced, problems we could have seen but instead get a page full of exposition.MF Stark gets a name drop but no Spider-man reference so far

A pathetic and bad OOC MJ

I vote they end the story by having an eternal resurrect and take moira's soul. lol. Just be like "Rest girl, your plot has ended..." lol
    Hickman must be rolling his eyes at what they've done to gis work

Unlikely, not just because it's an X-event but also because Marvel seems hellbent on breaking up PeterMJ

This ignores the stories with madam web showing that there is a deeper connection between spiders. also we know most spiders have children who have spider powers and are mutants such as mayday parker, jessican drew son, ben i believe is his name, may day little brother in the future. etc. So while immortality may be the main reason which is still weak since orochis and moira both have apparently conquered death meaning humans have joined the race and the fact humans were ready to give up all existence of humanity as we know it and literally become a hive mind at some point it just as easily stands to reason, more so that Spiders would as well. I mean they already at point in a sense shared consciousness and one could say the spider sense is a hive sensation. This also ignores Spiderman, the Other. I was a big spidey fan before they did my girl MJ dirty.
    Can it really be said Orchis conquered death? Gregor did that experiment once and it’s never been brought up again.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!