Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Maybe we can reach Thawne/Harry levels of "Beast was behind everything" .

But yeah, I remember the 1.X stories from ASM's volume 4, which, while they sucked, it had Spidey and Beast having an interesting interaction in the earlier issues, and Beast even makes Spidey question what makes someone see someone else a god.

A non asshole Beast and Spidey could have plenty of interesting things to discuss, the Spider-Marriage thread in Spidey forums even had a thread where Spidey decided to go to Beast to discuss the possibility of having a mutant child and what to do with 'em.

While it's surprising in general Spidey barely says hi to the X-Men once a decade, it's even more surprising how much he doesn't talk with Beast, the X-Men he generally talks with are Iceman and Wolverine, and I'll never stop finding his friendship with Wolverine to be utter nonsense lol.
    Emphasis mine. I don't remember the last time Beast wasn't this bad...I guess that time he showed up in Uncanny Avengers to visit his buddy Wonder Man. Or Gillen's SWORD where he was as far from the X-Men as possible outside his girlfriend.

Spidey and Wolverine is one of my ride or die Spidey Bromances though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Emphasis mine. I don't remember the last time Beast wasn't this bad...I guess that time he showed up in Uncanny Avengers to visit his buddy Wonder Man. Or Gillen's SWORD where he was as far from the X-Men as possible outside his girlfriend.
    In the 1.X story from ASM vol 4 he was fine, was telling Spidey to open his mind about gods and shit, but doing it in a way to convince him to consider possibilities instead of outright denying them:

(ASM#1.3)

Though that story is from 2015, 7 years ago lol.

Spidey is being real silly to deny the existence of God as much as he is now though, he has met multiple gods, even met TOAA himself lol.

Spidey and Wolverine is one of my ride or die Spidey Bromances though.
    I find the very idea of it to not work, while Wolverine wouldn't mind Spidey that much, Spidey himself is a bitch about people who don't mind killing as much as Wolverine.

Not saying Spidey should see Wolverine as a villain, just that I don't see them being friends, much less having a bromance going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

In the 1.X story from ASM vol 4 he was fine, was telling Spidey to open his mind about gods and shit, but doing it in a way to convince him to consider possibilities instead of outright denying them:

(ASM#1.3)

Though that story is from 2015, 7 years ago lol.

Spidey is being real silly to deny the existence of God as much as he is now though, he has met multiple gods, even met TOAA himself lol.

I find the very idea of it to not work, while Wolverine wouldn't mind Spidey that much, Spidey himself is a bitch about people who don't mind killing as much as Wolverine.

Not saying Spidey should see Wolverine as a villain, just that I don't see them being friends, much less having a bromance going on.
    At least with Logan, he's written a lot of the time as regretting the necessity of killing bad guys and not exactly taking joy or pride in it, despite what his "the best there is at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" speech might imply, or making bad jokes about killing people all the time like Deadpool would --- and yet, Spidey eventually managed to befriend Deadpool, so I'm guessing his experiences with Logan softened him up a fair bit on that stance. Speaking of Spider-Man and his overall relations with the X-Men, though, probably the best version (or my favorite, in any case) was in Renew Your Vows where he (and Mary Jane) took them up on their offer to teach and train Anna-May Parker in the use of her powers, especially when it eventually came out that Annie's spider-sense had evolved into outright precognition. Plus, the whole thing with Sinister going after Annie for her DNA as a natural-born spider-powered superhuman . . . would have been nice to expand upon if that book had lasted longer, especially since 616 Sinister tangled with Spider-Man himself (Peter Parker, and also Ben Reilly) on a couple of occasions, namely the X-Men/Spider-Man anthology by Christos Gage and then about five years later, the (short-lived) Spider-Man and the X-Men series.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    At least with Logan, he's written a lot of the time as regretting the necessity of killing bad guys and not exactly taking joy or pride in it, despite what his "the best there is at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" speech might imply, or making bad jokes about killing people all the time like Deadpool would --- and yet, Spidey eventually managed to befriend Deadpool, so I'm guessing his experiences with Logan softened him up a fair bit on that stance.
    Spidey being friends with Deadpool makes no sense too lol.

Speaking of Spider-Man and his overall relations with the X-Men, though, probably the best version (or my favorite, in any case) was in Renew Your Vows where he (and Mary Jane) took them up on their offer to teach and train Anna-May Parker in the use of her powers, especially when it eventually came out that Annie's spider-sense had evolved into outright precognition. Plus, the whole thing with Sinister going after Annie for her DNA as a natural-born spider-powered superhuman . . . would have been nice to expand upon if that book had lasted longer, especially since 616 Sinister tangled with Spider-Man himself (Peter Parker, and also Ben Reilly) on a couple of occasions, namely the X-Men/Spider-Man anthology by Christos Gage and then about five years later, the (short-lived) Spider-Man and the X-Men series.
    In either of those cases Sinister didn't seem particularly interested in Spidey or Ben, it's more like he just happened to be in the way.

Hell, X-Men/Spider-Man even makes it clear Sinister doesn't give a shit about Spidey.

Weirdly enough despite this lack of interest, he made a bunch of Ben clones for whatever reason lol.

But yeah, him being interested in Annie can make some sense, maybe I should check it out RYV's final chapters just to finish it, but I really hope it's not as boring as I remember.

Spidey being friends with Deadpool makes no sense too lol.

In either of those cases Sinister didn't seem particularly interested in Spidey or Ben, it's more like he just happened to be in the way.

Hell, X-Men/Spider-Man even makes it clear Sinister doesn't give a shit about Spidey.

Weirdly enough despite this lack of interest, he made a bunch of Ben clones for whatever reason lol.

But yeah, him being interested in Annie can make some sense, maybe I should check it out RYV's final chapters just to finish it, but I really hope it's not as boring as I remember.
    Probably to troll the Jackal, who raided Sinister's labs for biomaterial for his own mad genetic experiments, starting with the giant spider that turned into a human-looking girl resembling Gwen Stacy back in Avenging Spider-Man #16 --- which was a Superior Spider-Man/Wolverine and the X-Men team-up.

BANNED

So. um, yeah, read Giant Size X-Men Thunderbird for another Spidey/X-Connection, who had money on them ever using

spoilers:
    Judas Traveller again?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    So. um, yeah, read Giant Size X-Men Thunderbird for another Spidey/X-Connection, who had money on them ever using

spoilers:
    Judas Traveller again?
    end of spoilers
    Not me. Not me, though considering a certain more (in)famous Clone Saga luminary is going to be playing a part . . . wonder if their paths will cross here, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

spoilers:
    Judas Traveller again?
    end of spoilers
    A few months ago I suggested that Ben could end up having Judas as one of his villains, being more or less a Mysterio for Ben (Obviously this was before the Chasm shit happened, I was expecting him to move to Hollywood), but that's it, I didn't think he'd show up here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Not me. Not me, though considering a certain more (in)famous Clone Saga luminary is going to be playing a part . . . wonder if their paths will cross here, too?
    Who? What am I missing?

A few months ago I suggested that Ben could end up having Judas as one of his villains, being more or less a Mysterio for Ben (Obviously this was before the Chasm shit happened, I was expecting him to move to Hollywood), but that's it, I didn't think he'd show up here lol.

Who? What am I missing?
    You said it. The Chasm where Ben Reilly once was. That said, if Marvel is going to dust off Ben Reilly villains to pit against the X-Men in an X-Men/Spider-Man crossover, why not bring back the Great Game --- basically a superpowered underworld fight club with depraved rich people gambling on the outcome of the fights and sponsoring, equipping, and/or enhancing fighters --- and have it start using mutant fighters, who can be either there voluntarily or involuntarily?