Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Because a female character's unnecessary sexualization was -slightly- toned down?
    I mean, emphasis on slightly, it's still super skimpy minus some random royal regalia .
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Really? Ben Reilly and Madeleyne makes so much sense as a crossover to me. Two characters that have been through a ton of similar experiences, and both most recently written by Wells.
    Well, I said "other than the clone aspect" (not that I think anyone wants more of Ben as he is right now) but the MJ thing is just really weird.

Extraordinary Member

The Ben/Maddy crossover is fine, Although w/ how Wells/lowe treated Ben and talked about him I don't want him anywhere near these characters

Moira thing is completely random, "saw you on TV" lmfao

Also MJ is written horrendously, screaming loudly(and giving away info) and then stuttering and begging.Wells can't write Mj for sh*t and it shows, he's already said he's not a fan of the character

We've seen her face down chameleon and f'ing monsters while being calm and smart

Really? Ben Reilly and Madeleyne makes so much sense as a crossover to me. Two characters that have been through a ton of similar experiences, and both most recently written by Wells.
    Speak for Maddy, who I agree was written well by Wells(lol).Ben's been shafted hard and turned into smth most of the fanbase despises

I REALLY . REALLY hope

Moira X is "desrobotized" and "Mutanted?" again.

This Robo ex-evil girlfriend arc is borring as nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I REALLY . REALLY hope

Moira X is "desrobotized" and "Mutanted?" again.

This Robo ex-evil girlfriend arc is borring as nuts.
    Who does this even appeal to anymore?

Extraordinary Member

They really took Hickman's great reboot and did this...

I was re-reading HOX/POX the other day and, X-office's greed cost them quality and now it seems to be infecting other lines of comics

anyone know of any forums where people discuss books positively? tired of logging onto CBR wanting to discuss books and news and reading through 3 pages of whining to find 1 real comment

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

No thank you.
    My flag is bacon.

Didnt Gerry Duggan beg yall not to do this?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Because a female character's unnecessary sexualization was -slightly- toned down?
    I don't care (never did) at all for the Spiderman franchise in which she'll be appearing as part of the Dark Web event but...since you put it that way...As a matter of fact...yes.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    The Ben/Maddy crossover is fine, Although w/ how Wells/lowe treated Ben and talked about him I don't want him anywhere near these characters

Moira thing is completely random, "saw you on TV" lmfao

Also MJ is written horrendously, screaming loudly(and giving away info) and then stuttering and begging.Wells can't write Mj for sh*t and it shows, he's already said he's not a fan of the character

We've seen her face down chameleon and f'ing monsters while being calm and smart

Speak for Maddy, who I agree was written well by Wells(lol).Ben's been shafted hard and turned into smth most of the fanbase despises
    The one good thing about primarily being an X-fan is that when a new writer doesn't like a character they have a bunch to choose from and can hopefully be big enough to give the character they don't like to one of the many other books going out so that character can still get a fair shake. Not always the case but one can hope.

When I writers take on other franchises with less flexibility and flat out state they don't like one of the main supporting characters I just feel bad for the fans.

Unrelated, but I need Destiny of X to stand on its own for a minute. We're getting an MU crossover event shortly after launch and it seems like we'll be getting another one pretty soon. Someone tell Wells he can just come back and write a Hellions sequel if he wants to play in the X-sandbox so bad.

I really do love the idea of Mary Jane becoming a Brand Ambassador for Krakoan medicine after they help her Aunt Anna. I hope it gets fleshed out a bit.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

anyone know of any forums where people discuss books positively? tired of logging onto CBR wanting to discuss books and news and reading through 3 pages of whining to find 1 real comment
    Write s*itty stories, get s*itty comments.

If we had a Hellion book, people would like it. People like Hellion. So if you're upset about the negativity, petition Marvel to give Hellion a book. You know, Hellion is connected to Spider-Man; he could show up in this book as a lead character & everybody would surely love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I have my own idea I always wanted to pitch for maddy/spider cross over, so I think it can work well
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Who does this even appeal to anymore?
    I dont know man Robo Moira is one of the worst retcon since Mutant supremacist Moira or Nutty anti Mutant Moira.

You know i dont hate her as a mutant i hate her personality change form a sweet ally of the x men to i prefer to be in a date with Sinister.