Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I know I'm not the first person to make the comparison, but it really feels like déjà vu with what happened in the '90s after Claremont, with the editorial department running the show and the stories becoming increasingly confusing continuations/remixes of what the head writer set up before he left.

Of course the X-Men were still at the top of their popularity in the '90s, so I'm not making any doomsday predictions for the franchise, just noting the similarity.
    Wonder if Moira will become the Onslaught equivalent of being an annoying villain causing unnecessary crossovers lol.

She'll probably lack having a cool appearance in a game if so .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

New Bleeding Cool article about the 'Dark Web' event with clearer scans. This confirms the Ben and Madelyne meeting occurs in Spider-Man/Venom

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...an-clone-saga/

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

oof.

I just saw the Moira and MJ stuff, wow.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

God! It's brutal out here.

References to contemporary music notwithstanding, I am morbidly fascinated and curious with where this will end up going. I am damned sure nothing permanent is happening to one Mary Jane Watson(-Parker), but it will most likely be one hell of an ordeal for her (and Peter, which may result in the X-Men burning their bridges with him, too, depending on how AXE: Judgment Day turns out with the Avengers and what's already happened in X-Men/Fantastic Four). As for the Chasm formerly known as Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider/Spider-Man (Beyond) joining up with the Goblin Queen Madelyne Pryor, that's been a long time coming, at least for me, given the rivalry between their respective creators, the Jackal and Mister Sinister, that was established by Chris Yost in Superior Spider-Man Team-Up and followed up on Sinister's end with the Scarlet Spider clones from Wolverines #5-6, as well as their own commonality in being clones horribly mistreated by Marvel editorial.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Wow just when you think this Moira plot can’t possibly hit more rock bottom Marvel finds more creative ways to dig even deeper.

Could you imagine if MJ dies here? The amount of death threats sent to Marvel comics oof.

Extraordinary Member

I think we can expect more of this again, all sorts of random tie-ins with the rest of the Marvel U. Some of them will seem forced, like Jane Foster in Deaths of Wolverine, because it probably is forced because they are finally going to stop acting like the X-Men can't cross over with the rest of the characters. Eventually it will just be expected and there will probably be some good stories involved, and I want to see more of this Dark Web thing so I hope it starts there.

As for the Moira thing, they needed to let that story develop better. Instead, it looks like Hickman, Percy and Duggan (and maybe others) all had a kind of idea of what the story was and all wrote their pieces at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think this has definitely slipped under the radar where Moira is finally being written with her accent for the first time in forever .
    I feel like every time they have Moira do something more drastic they’ll reference part of her history fans have been asking for.

Want Moira to meet up with Sean again? Great! She’ll skin him alive.

Want Moira’s accent back? You got it! Add MJ to the chopping block.

Incredible Member

As a Spider-Man and X-Men fan, this is by far the most disgusting, disappointing and stupidest **** I've seen in my 25+ years of collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I feel like every time they have Moira do something more drastic they’ll reference part of her history fans have been asking for.

With how often Marvel finds a way to twist what people ask for, I’m questioning just how many fingers the monkey’s paw they’re using has.

So if she nukes Krakoa, will she get her old personality back? .

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    As a Spider-Man and X-Men fan, this is by far the most disgusting, disappointing and stupidest **** I've seen in my 25+ years of collecting.
    And ASM#1 vol 6 isn't even out yet.

Come on Marvel, you can top this, make an even worse OMD, or an Ultimatum in 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    With how often Marvel finds a way to twist what people ask for, I’m questioning just how many fingers the monkey’s paw they’re using has.
    It's a mutant Monkey's Paw, they'll just make another monkey once they run out of fingers .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Which is sad I wanted X Men Spider-Man Crossovers, but not like this. Not like this...

This crossover has EVERYTHING. Meat suits. Clones. Goblin clones. A hairy dwarf with knives on his fists.

Incredible Member

Wolfsbane, Proteus and the rest of the Muir Island X-Men better watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    God! It's brutal out here.

References to contemporary music notwithstanding, I am morbidly fascinated and curious with where this will end up going. I am damned sure nothing permanent is happening to one Mary Jane Watson(-Parker), but it will most likely be one hell of an ordeal for her (and Peter, which may result in the X-Men burning their bridges with him, too, depending on how AXE: Judgment Day turns out with the Avengers and what's already happened in X-Men/Fantastic Four). As for the Chasm formerly known as Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider/Spider-Man (Beyond) joining up with the Goblin Queen Madelyne Pryor, that's been a long time coming, at least for me, given the rivalry between their respective creators, the Jackal and Mister Sinister, that was established by Chris Yost in Superior Spider-Man Team-Up and followed up on Sinister's end with the Scarlet Spider clones from Wolverines #5-6, as well as their own commonality in being clones horribly mistreated by Marvel editorial.
    Ahh, I was not aware of the Jackal/Sinister rivalry. Good call.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!