• Nubia and the Amazons

5 55.56%
  • Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark)

1 11.11%
  • Other - The Odyssey of the Amazons (Hessia) et cetera

1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Best Wonder Limited Series

Cassie, Donna, Nubia and Artemis have all had one. Which did you think was best and who deserves another?

This reminds me that there haven’t been a lot of limited series that truly knocked my socks off, so to speak.

I’m going to go with the 3-issue Judgement in Infinity storyline from 1982. It’s technically not a standalone limited series (but sort of feels like it) and I recall being thrilled as a kid that all the superheroines were teaming up together.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Return of Donna Troy and Nubias are definitely up there as faves for me.

Cassie deserves another proper shot. Hers was....very half-assed.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Return of Donna Troy and Nubias are definitely up there as faves for me.

Cassie deserves another proper shot. Hers was....very half-assed.
    I kind of liked it, the Drusilla secret identity callback to Debra Winger's Wonder Girl, the conflict with Hercules and temporary armor, the friendship with Supergirl, the fight with the Female Furies and I'm a fan of the artist Sanford Greene.

WG CASSIE Wonder_Girl_4.jpg

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I kind of liked it, the Drusilla secret identity callback to Debra Winger's Wonder Girl, the conflict with Hercules and temporary armor, the friendship with Supergirl, the fight with the Female Furies and I'm a fan of the artist Sanford Greene.

WG CASSIE Wonder_Girl_4.jpg
    It had good concepts but ultimately fell a little flat. The art wasn't horrible but not wasn't my cup of tea.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I loved the Wonder Girl mini series and Sanford Greene's art was superb! He had actually done some designs to make Cassie a little more ethnic looking (Greek features) but was shot down.
    The Return on Donna Troy was brilliant in execution. Written by Phil Jiminez, drawn by Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez and inked by George Perez! How could anything have a great creative team??? Plus the story to bring Donna back was excellent.
    I thought i had checked Nubia but apparently I didn't. I loved it, but really would have liked to see her life before the island, a prequel if you will to her Future State stories.
    Artemis....it worked for it's time. Excellently written by William Messner-Loebs and early work by Ed Benes. She's such a completely different character from that point that she definitely needs something new to carry on from her Outlaws time.
    As for who deserves a new one? All the above. There's so much that can be done with each of the women to build on their characters and move them forward. Plus Donna needs another run to straighten out the mess that they have saddled with her again.
    Cassie likewise needs something to strengthen her background and sort it out a bit (who's your daddy Cassie Sandsmark??)

I thought Odyssey had a lot of potential but the writing was so hard to get through. I liked the premise....Amazons looking for other tribes...a better written follow up could be amazing. I would love for Hessia to become a regular in Diana's book (or really in a Donna or Cassie book.)
    Last edited by OBrianTallent; 04-22-2022 at 02:36 PM.